Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Season -- Week #2 All Around the NFL game discussion

NFLfan

Thursday, Sept. 12th

Buffalo Bills at Miami Dolphins, 8:15 p.m. ET (Prime Video)

Sunday, Sept. 15th

Las Vegas Raiders at Baltimore Ravens, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)

Los Angeles Chargers at Carolina Panthers, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)

New Orleans Saints at Dallas Cowboys, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Detroit Lions, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)

Indianapolis Colts at Green Bay Packers, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)

Cleveland Browns at Jacksonville Jaguars, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)

San Francisco 49ers at Minnesota Vikings, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)

Seattle Seahawks at New England Patriots, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)

New York Jets at Tennessee Titans, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)

New York Giants at Washington Commanders, 1 p.m. ET (FOX)

Los Angeles Rams at Arizona Cardinals, 4:05 p.m. ET (FOX)

Pittsburgh Steelers at Denver Broncos, 4:25 p.m. ET (CBS)

Cincinnati Bengals at Kansas City Chiefs, 4:25 p.m. ET (CBS)

Chicago Bears at Houston Texans, 8:20 p.m. ET (NBC)

Monday, Sept. 16th

Atlanta Falcons at Philadelphia Eagles, 8:15 p.m. ET (ESPN)

What are your thoughts on the games?

1 hour ago, JediXMan said:

Tua really has to consider retirement that's his 4th-5th concussion in such a short amount of time. The scary thing about concussions is the more you get it the easier it is to get the next one. This new one wasn't even that big of a hit.

He absolutely should quit the game. Heaven forbid his CTE gets out of control and he does something unfathomable such as what form wrestler Chris Benoit did…it’s a real thing to worry about with the severity of CTE…

He has well enough money to last him and his family and life is far more important.

Yeah Tua is toast at this point. His brain can't take the hits anymore. Very Austin Collie like. 

Good thing he got that huge contact this summer. Also sucks for the dolphins in general but even moreso because they could've picked Herbert or Love in that draft.

People complain about the guardian caps being "ugly" and then injuries like this happen... if I was a player, I'd be wearing whatever I could to not have this happen to me... Not sure if the fencing response he tends to have with his concussions is indicative of the severity, but the concussions he's had have looked pretty terrifying. Really hope this one wasn't as bad as it looks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Derakynn said:

People complain about the guardian caps being "ugly" and then injuries like this happen... if I was a player, I'd be wearing whatever I could to not have this happen to me... Not sure if the fencing response he tends to have with his concussions is indicative of the severity, but the concussions he's had have looked pretty terrifying. Really hope this one wasn't as bad as it looks.

I don’t think a guardian cap would have helped him. He seemed to get this concussion more from his neck bending then the actual hit to the head.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Bills going to the SB. Too soon?? :) 

Everyone was wondering what they were doing in the off season but it seems to have worked so far.

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

Yes, too soon. They need to win a playoff game against the Chiefs, then I'll consider them SB contenders. 

They are due for it. But the Ravens and Texans will also be in play.

It will be those Top 4 dogs in play for the SB from the AFC when it is all said and done - Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, Texans

• Like 1

Tua has a lot to think about. 

All the nightmares come back when I see these concussions... 

I never made it to the NFL. But I'm still paying a life long price for suffering multiple concussions from my time playing as a running back and safety. 

Bad migraines almost on a weekly basis. Severe depression at times. I'll be extremely annoyed and angry for no reason. Sometimes I hate myself with no explanation of why. Cognitive decline... There are moments when I'm teaching and I just pause mid sentence and completely forget what I'm saying. I'm only 36... 

My heart fell so hard last night seeing this young man suffer yet another one. Mental health isn't pseudo. It's very physical. 

I'm having a rough week, lots a negativity weighs on my mind. I'll probably stay off the forum for the most part unless I get push away this dark fog over me. I'll still come back in to do my picks because it's a welcome distraction. 

But I don't think I can handle all the despondency in the main thread this year. 

Take care of yourselves everyone.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2024 at 7:06 AM, NFLfan said:

I wondered that too.

BTW, did you see how Cousins played against the Steelers?

If you can't play well against the Giants, then you really stink lmao . Lets see how Darnold looks against the 49ers. If he wins that game, then we have something. Giants are arguably the worst team in the league along with the Panthers.

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

They look pretty good. I still like the Ravens but Josh Allen is no joke. Beating the Chiefs will take a perfect game by either the Bills or Ravens. They have it in them and what I mean by perfect is, no turnovers and no miss FGs because both those teams can put up 27 points.

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

They definitely exceeded expectations against another high-octane team, much better than people expected given their offseason. I think them allowing the Chiefs to snag Xavier Worthy is going to come back and bite them in the behinds come playoff time…or maybe they’ll get over the hump. Then the next task will be getting over the Super Bowl hump 😂

20 hours ago, ColtsGermany said:

Hope it's nothing serious.

The way he tried to jump forward wasn't smart.

You would think he’d learn to slide by this point…Sucks to see. Nick Saban raved on him and if I’m not mistaken called him the best quarterback he had ever coached. Hopefully he makes the right decision and moves forward living a financially comfortable life. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If you can't play well against the Giants, then you really stink lmao . Lets see how Darnold looks against the 49ers. If he wins that game, then we have something. Giants are arguably the worst team in the league along with the Panthers.

Lol. What does that have to do with Cousins? How Darnold played against the Giants had no bearing on how Cousins played at home against the Steelers.

Interestingly, many people thought the Giants would win, as they were playing at home against a team with Darnold at QB. The Giants had acquired Brian Burns who was expected to make an impact.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@Qwiz   Did you play the Vikings defense last week? I thought of you after Van Ginkel got the Pick-6.

Haha! No but looking at how that game played out I should have 😅 I went with Seattle against rookie QB Bo Nix…it worked out, I won my game, but definitely could’ve gone better 😂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. What does that have to do with Cousins? How Darnold played against the Giants had no bearing on how Cousins played at home against the Steelers.

Interestingly, many people thought the Giants would win, as they were playing at home against a team with Darnold at QB. The Giants had acquired Brian Burns who was expected to make an impact.

chuckling homer simpson GIF- you know that was a dig at Captain Kirk Sigh GIF by Star Trek- and I know you like Darnold, so I took a dig at Darnold who I think is nowhere near on Cousins level. That was my point of the post.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Halftime Vikings 13, Niners 7. Vikings should have been up 13-0 or 17-0 but as we were driving, Darnold threw an interception. (He threw a 96-yard TD earlier in the game.)

The Saints are up 35 to 13!!! Over the Cowboys at Dallas.

Go Vikings, the Cowboys just aren't a SB contender. Jerry has ruined that team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Vikings beat the Niners 23 - 21

Saints beat the Cowboys

The Jets beat the Titans

Browns beat the Jags (I think)

Raiders beat the Ravens.

I am calling this the funky upset Sunday. Minshew just beat the Ravens lmao . Nice win for you. Sam did enough, I will say, can't say anything bad about him. You got me :)

• Like 1