Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

…And We’re on to Green Bay!

Archer

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Malik Willis stinks. We will take these guys out. Book it! I took the Colts and 2.5 last week and won $100. I am taking the Colts again and I think we win this one by at least 7-10 points. 

I’m surprised they’re not trying to get a proven vet like Tanehill. They might be in a 0-3, 1-2 hole in a tough NFCN.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I’m surprised they’re not trying to get a proven vet like Tanehill. They might be in a 0-3, 1-2 hole in a tough NFCN.

I don't think this older version of Tannehill gives them any better chance. He's really fallen off into his mid 30s.

Willis is inexperienced, but he's young and athletic. That probably opens up the playbook more than a vet would. 

And he was just on TEN, so that might help them that one. Maybe they see anything above 1-1 in these next two as gravy.

IND and TEN are also out-of-conference games too. 

I don't think the Colts should be overlooking GB on the road at all. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Buckner not practicing today and we’re one step closer to Taven Bryan starting…

Season 3 Ugh GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Might just be a rest day. But when you hear the 30 year-old All-Pro DT has a back injury and then no updates...it's a bit concerning.

On 9/10/2024 at 12:18 PM, Solid84 said:

It's definitely an issue, but to me it looks like technique and timing. A lot of them are not close misses - big overthrows and stuff like that. That's generally technique, timing or miscommunication in my opinion and all of that will get better.

I don't see it drastically improving until he develops consistent touch. He's got a cannon, which means he can physically make any throw, but without touch, it limits everything.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Might just be a rest day. But when you hear the 30 year-old All-Pro DT has a back injury and then no updates...it's a bit concerning.

I’d be a little less concerned if it was anyone else but Bryan backing him up. Literally anyone. That guy is like Jeff Linkenbach reborn as a DT. 😱

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I’d be a little less concerned if it was anyone else but Bryan backing him up. Literally anyone. That guy is like Jeff Linkenbach reborn as a DT. 😱

Great comparison lol

It would be a huge blow to the pass and rush defense. Nobody is as valuable as a QB, but DeFo is about as valuable as you can get on the defensive side of the ball. I think that would even things out quite a bit.

The last time DeFo missed a game was 2020 and TEN put up 45 pts and 240 yards on the ground. That's a long time ago and that was during Henry's prime, but Jacobs is no slouch. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Great comparison lol

It would be a huge blow to the pass and rush defense. Nobody is as valuable as a QB, but DeFo is about as valuable as you can get on the defensive side of the ball. I think that would even things out quite a bit.

The last time DeFo missed a game was 2020 and TEN put up 45 pts and 240 yards on the ground. That's a long time ago and that was during Henry's prime, but Jacobs is no slouch. 

The comparison made me uncomfortable as soon as I thought of it and that’s how I knew that it fit lol. 

I was thinking of Buckner’s injury history with this news, and wasn’t that game he missed in 2020 also a back issue? I seem to recall him having a back issue at some point, possibly even more recent than 2020. Hopefully they aren’t connected. 😬

Bradly needs to changeup the La-Z-Boy defense (Soft with Big Cushions) with this secondary personnel. Blitz rate needs to increase. I expect a heavy run and dink and dunk perimeter passing from Willis on Sunday.

Last week Green Bay ran on 35% of their plays for 144 yds; while Love passed for close to 300 yds. I would expect GB to be closer to 50% in the run game.  The Colts secondary made 57% of the combined defensive tackles in week 1. An atrocious stat given the Texans ran 49% of their snaps.

If the Colts are to win Smith and Partridge must re-establish gap control and setting the edge. 

Week one was some of the poorest linebacker play I have watched in quite some time. (Run Defense  PFF - Speed 45.2, Franklin 46,4). Absolute must that the linebackers shed and scrape at a much higher level.

If the Colts limit Jacobs and Offensive turnovers I think they will win/

27 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Bradly needs to changeup the La-Z-Boy defense (Soft with Big Cushions) with this secondary personnel. Blitz rate needs to increase. I expect a heavy run and dink and dunk perimeter passing from Willis on Sunday.

Last week Green Bay ran on 35% of their plays for 144 yds; while Love passed for close to 300 yds. I would expect GB to be closer to 50% in the run game.  The Colts secondary made 57% of the combined defensive tackles in week 1. An atrocious stat given the Texans ran 49% of their snaps.

If the Colts are to win Smith and Partridge must re-establish gap control and setting the edge. 

Week one was some of the poorest linebacker play I have watched in quite some time. (Run Defense  PFF - Speed 45.2, Franklin 46,4). Absolute must that the linebackers shed and scrape at a much higher level.

I think the Pack will move the ball and score around 24 points ( with it without Love). It's up to AR and the offense to match. No turnovers by the Colts O, I think they can score 30.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I think the Pack will move the ball and score around 24 points ( with it without Love). It's up to AR and the offense to match. No turnovers by the Colts O, I think they can score 30.

Key to the game is Richardson protecting the ball. Last week he could have had a couple more picks.from errant throws that could have/should have been intercepted. Turnovers and Colts OL play will probably decide this one.

8 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Key to the game is Richardson protecting the ball. Last week he could have had a couple more picks.from errant throws that could have/should have been intercepted. Turnovers and Colts OL play will probably decide this one.

The throws were fine, we primarily have route running issues. 

1 hour ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Does anyone here believe Gus runs our game plan by his HC?

Franklin said there was a plan to defend pass first.

What a surprise that when Grover took snaps we were decent against the run but got absolutely gashed when he was out.

And it would be no surprise our LB's had low grades after playing back with no adjustments.

Tomorrow we will make their QB/QB's beat us with the pass.

We will focus at stopping the run then getting after them on passing downs. It's Gus so lol.

Colts 20-16.

11 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

The throws were fine, we primarily have route running issues. 

Yeah, there were certainly those issues- turf slips etc. Bad news -the Colts only ran 45 offensive plays. Good News - Richardson threw  21% of his passes over 20 yards which led the NFL.
 The threat and the ability to throw downfield should go long ways in helping Taylor and the ground game.  Really looking forward to watching this offense grow and evolve with this personnel.

1 hour ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

If Willis plays the Packers score less than 17, unless the Colts turn the ball over a few times

• Like 1

On 9/9/2024 at 4:21 PM, Two_pound said:

The defense couldn't off the field when Dungy was coach either, thus only 1 super bowl win with the greatest qb to ever play the game. It's not just a "Ballard-Bradley thing". This is the same defense I've watched since Bert Jones was the qb. Our three playoff games with Bert Jones at qb we gave up 28, 42, and 37 points so all I can say is s.o.s.

On 9/9/2024 at 4:21 PM, Two_pound said:

The defense couldn't off the field when Dungy was coach either, thus only 1 super bowl win with the greatest qb to ever play the game. It's not just a "Ballard-Bradley thing". This is the same defense I've watched since Bert Jones was the qb. Our three playoff games with Bert Jones at qb we gave up 28, 42, and 37 points so all I can say is s.o.s.

you are right. I believe the only time the Colts have had a reliable defense was during the Harbaugh era. Siracusa was a wall.

The 2006 Super Bowl run was anchored by Sanders working up on the line. If the Bears had a better QB indy might not have won that one.

8 minutes ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

you are right. I believe the only time the Colts have had a reliable defense was during the Harbaugh era. Siracusa was a wall.

The 2006 Super Bowl run was anchored by Sanders working up on the line. If the Bears had a better QB indy might not have won that one.

Uh.  I loves Goose as much as any colts fan.   He was not a difference maker.   He was a fine player and a great character.   Wonderful man in the community,   but he wasn't a "wall"