Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Season -- Week #1 All Around the NFL game discussion

NFLfan

38 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

The Steelers will forever be mediocre or good .. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them up on ATL kicking fgs only

The Steelers always luck into winning games. 

Curtis Painter could be their QB and they’d still win 9-10 games a season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

The Steelers will forever be mediocre or good .. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them up on ATL kicking fgs only

Did you see how bad Kirk Cousins was?

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

The Steelers always luck into winning games. 

I don't think the Steelers got lucky. They rattled Cousins. I read that he had at least two lost fumbles called back because of penalties. That was really lucky. He also threw at least two Interceptions, one coming when the Falcons were driving to take the lead with about 4 minutes left in the game.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did you see how bad Kirk Cousins was?

I don't think the Steelers got lucky. They rattled Cousins. I read that he had at least two lost fumbles called back because of penalties. That was really lucky. He also threw at least two Interceptions, one coming when the Falcons were driving to take the lead with about 4 minutes left in the game.

Just looking throughout the league... QB play was atrocious today... Just wow. I'm sure half. The league QBs played worse than cousins.. Justin fields did nothing lol. 

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

That Steelers defense is SCARY legit.  Depending on QB play, Steelers can be a team no one looked for that end up making some noise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Just looking throughout the league... QB play was atrocious today... Just wow. I'm sure half. The league QBs played worse than cousins.. Justin fields did nothing lol. 

Darnold was pretty good. The Giants offense was bad but their defense was pretty good.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

That Steelers defense is SCARY legit.  Depending on QB play, Steelers can be a team no one looked for that end up making some noise.

I'm going to watch the game on NFL+ so I can see how Kirk played.

Chargers/Raiders game is over, Chargersvwon 22-10. Gardner Minshew looked like the good but not great career backup that he is, completing 25 of 33 passes for 257 yards, 1 touchdown & 1 pick (in fairness, it was tipped into the air and caught by a lineman) was sacked 4 times and lost a fumble.

• Thanks 1

Rookies across the board struggled today. 

Harrison Jr. was completely quiet. Latu was double teamed all game, Odunze and Nabors couldn’t get open… 

Williams and Daniels had welcome to the NFL moments… Bo Nix is trying to keep the Broncos alive after 2 interceptions..:

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Worst play of the week.

3 hours ago, Superman said:

Goodness...

The new Carson Wentz.

Did you see Andrew Van Ginkel's pick-6 of Daniel Jones? It happened in the area where I was sitting. It happened so fast that I almost missed it.

5 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Anyone planning to watch the game tonight? 

I am. I have to. The Vikes play the Niners next week and play the Jets in Europe later in the year.

McCaffrey will not play tonight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did you see Andrew Van Ginkel's pick-6 of Daniel Jones? It happened in the area where I was sitting. It happened so fast that I almost missed it.

Yeah, great play by Van Ginkel. I don't think the QB did anything wrong, though...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Garrett Wilson grabs two passes for two first downs for the Jets. I'm a big fan of Wilson.

Wilson had 4 catches on that drive, 3 for first downs. Jets score. I think that was Hall that ran it in. Jets 7, Niners 3.

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

He’s been a fan his entire life. He’s used to long seasons. 

So is one of my favorite guys in sports: Mike Greenberg ("Greeney"). He is one of the biggest Jets fans in sports media.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

So is one of my favorite guys in sports: Mike Greenberg ("Greeney"). He is one of the biggest Jets fans in sports media.

Yep. Rich and Mike have joined together many times in their respective shows to talk all things Jets. I’m not even a NY fan but I still find myself watching it from start to finish. 

• Like 1

• NFLfan unpinned this topic