Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Season -- Week #1 All Around the NFL game discussion

NFLfan

18 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

GB 19 Philly 17 at the half. Good game, but looks like no one else is watching. 

Had I known I could not watch it on NFL+, I would have gone to one of my siblings' homes to watch it. They have Peacock.

I'm listening on Westwood One. Looks like Hurts threw a TD; AJ Brown scored. It seems like there is a lot of offense in these first two games.

35 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Is that artificial turf or natural grass field ?

To answer my own question

Corinthians Arena turf

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/corinthians-arena-turf-field-condition-brazil-packers-eagles/3a0da59e392da5a01a479fe8

Sometimes when NFL teams go outside of the country, either the stadiums have to modify their playing surface for American football, or the two teams simply have to deal with the different grass or turf. 

However, when it comes to Corinthians Arena, it's going to be a familiar feel for both the Eagles and the Packers. 

The playing surface at Corinthians Arena uses GrassMaster, which is a product that combines perennial Ryegrass with artificial fibers. It's essentially a fancy version of real grass mixed with elements of turf fibers, as opposed to using strictly turf. 

There are currently only two stadiums in the NFL that use that same material for their playing surfaces — Lincoln Financial Field, home of the Eagles, and Lambeau Field, home of the Packers. 

Hopefully, Love doesn't have any major or lasting injury, and returns to the field pretty soon this season. Him returning next week will be essential to have a very competitive game next week against the Colts.

20 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Love left the locker room under his own power last night. Most likely just an ankle sprain. He will probably play. Apparently without much of a limp.

I once badly sprained my ankle and was initially in a lot of pain. After about 10 minutes, the pain subsided and I was able to walk about a mile in snow with little pain. The next day, I could not walk as I was in so much pain. Many people describe having the same experience after sustaining a sprained ankle.

Love is probably in a lot of pain this morning. He probably should let the ankle heal before playing again.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I once badly sprained my ankle and was initially in a lot of pain. After about 10 minutes, the pain subsided and I was able to walk about a mile in snow with little pain. The next day, I could not walk as I was in so much pain. Many people describe having the same experience after sustaining a sprained ankle.

Love is probably in a lot of pain this morning. He probably should let the ankle heal before playing again.

It definitely wouldn’t break my heart if he wants to take next week off!

18 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Wow not the ankle 

I just saw that on the Vikings site that I follow. Someone else on the Vikings site said that another doctor thought it was an ACL injury.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah, it's frightening how it gets worse after feeling better. 

As for Love, it looked like he could've injured knee or ankle, both looked dangerously close to getting hurt, but it all could be just a mild sprain, hopefully the case.. we just need to wait for proper diagnosis. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I just saw that on the Vikings site that I follow. Someone else on the Vikings site said that another doctor thoughy it was an ACL injury.

I used to watch his YouTube channel for injury explanations for fantasy purpose few years back, I think it was different channel back then..

... He does a great job of explaining technicalities.

23 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I used to watch his YouTube channel for injury explanations for fantasy purpose few years back, I think it was different channel back then..

... He does a great job of explaining technicalities.

I have never heard of him. He may be right. Many on DN thought the knee popped. I did not see that. These injuries are terrible.

6 hours ago, Colts.sb41 said:

It definitely wouldn’t break my heart if he wants to take next week off!

He won't play next week, for sure. He is expected to miss 3-6 weeks, per the Athletic and SB Nation's Acme Packing Company (the equivalent of Stampede Blue, but for the Packers).

He should also miss the Vikings game in Week 4.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

homer simpson lol GIF

Your Texans @ Colts Game thread is ready. It will be published at 8AM tomorrow. Is there anything you would like me to include? There are 4 poll questions for fun.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DiogoSales said:

Yes, I was, really nice experience! Man, Saquon is that dude!

That's great. I am glad that you enjoyed it. Hopefully you did not have to travel much to go to Säo Paulo.  One of my best friends is originally from Rio. She is an Eagles fan. She would have loved to be there yesterday.

I would like to go to a game in Europe one year. I'm going to the Vikings @ Giants game in New Jersey tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will check it out, Thanks.

The game thread will be published (in Game Day section) tomorrow. 8 AM.

(Merge happened.)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

That's great. I am glad that you enjoyed it. Hopefully you did not have to travel much to go to Säo Paulo.  One of my best friends is originally from Rio. She is an Eagles fan. She would have loved to be there yesterday.

I would like to go to a game in Europe one year. I'm going to the Vikings @ Giants game in New Jersey tomorrow.

Tomorrow. 8 AM.

I live in Jundiai, 40min drive of the stadium, pretty easy.

I'll go to Miami in January,  hoping they are in the playoffs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PackersNation said:

Author requests no replies to this comment or any other comment made by this author. This is an informative piece and it ends there.

As a reference: Aaron Rodgers had a MCL sprain in 2018 and missed no time at all. 

The injury to J-Love will not keep him out 3 to 6 weeks. His status will be determined day to day. Meaning his status for any upcoming game this season will be day to day. This post is not implying Jordan will not miss the Colts game at Lambeau. This comment is factually stating that Jordan Love will not miss 3 to 6 weeks, and that his status is day to day.

Any further information directly from inside 1265 Lombardi Avenue will be posted on a need to know basis.

That's great... Because whether it is Colts game or Vikings game a couple of weeks later, I'd like the opponent to be at full strength and strongly competitive :)

4 hours ago, PackersNation said:

Author requests no replies to this comment or any other comment made by this author. This is an informative piece and it ends there.

As a reference: Aaron Rodgers had a MCL sprain in 2018 and missed no time at all. 

The injury to J-Love will not keep him out 3 to 6 weeks. His status will be determined day to day. Meaning his status for any upcoming game this season will be day to day. This post is not implying Jordan will not miss the Colts game at Lambeau. This comment is factually stating that Jordan Love will not miss 3 to 6 weeks, and that his status is day to day.

Any further information directly from inside 1265 Lombardi Avenue will be posted on a need to know basis.

3 to 6 seems right.