Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update: Tracking Colts releases at cutdown

CR91

I would take anyone we will have to cut over Terrell Edmonds every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Just ask any steeler fan how bad that guy was in the 5 years he was there. I would keep Dabo and Tutsie over Edmonds and we already cut them.

13 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Ok I’m really puzzled by this. Pending a deep playoff run I don’t see how he plays this season. Waste of a spot tbh.

This and... this

Suggests Woods might be straight up cut with injury settlement? All the disclaimers about the team having much more information, but this just looks like poor asset management to me... Woods must have really really disappointed them for them to be that disinterested in getting him back on the roster. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Ok I’m really puzzled by this. Pending a deep playoff run I don’t see how he plays this season. Waste of a spot tbh.

Perhaps Ebukum’s tear is not as bad as first feared?    Perhaps all Achilles tears are not created equal?   Perhaps they know his situation better than all of us? 

At some point soon, the Colts will likely explain all their decisions including Ebukum.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Perhaps Ebukum’s tear is not as bad as first feared?    Perhaps all Achilles tears are not created equal?   Perhaps they know his situation better than all of us? 

At some point soon, the Colts will likely explain all their decisions including Ebukum.  

Did colts ever officially say he tore his Achilles? I don’t remember seeing anything from them officially. But I could have missed it. Maybe it’s not torn.

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

This and... this

Suggests Woods might be straight up cut with injury settlement? All the disclaimers about the team having much more information, but this just looks like poor asset management to me... Woods must have really really disappointed them for them to be that disinterested in getting him back on the roster. 

He was really poor in camp. You can’t look poor in camp then have two season ending injuries and think the team is just going to keep you around.  I feel bad for him but the colts are so loaded at tight end.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Did colts ever officially say he tore his Achilles? I don’t remember seeing anything from them officially. But I could have missed it. Maybe it’s not torn.

Officially?   Perhaps not.   Fair question. 

But didn’t the twitter world make the announcement?   Wasn’t it reported on ESPN and NFL.com?    So somebody is talking to somebody.   

Hopefully we find out soon.  

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

Woods is missing 2 FULL seasons with ... pulled hamstring and with turf toe.... 

Turf toe that requires SURGERY.  It’s a very painful injury to deal with.   Players say it feels like stepping on glass with each step. 

At least Woods is being kept and not cut with an injury settlement.   I’ll take that. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Sure starting to look like the Woods pick is just never gonna pan out.

What a shame. 

If season ending IR keeps him under contract, to me that means they think he still looks promising to have a good career. They keep Mo this season and see how the TE position works out for 2025.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

If season ending IR keeps him under contract, to me that means they think he still looks promising to have a good career. They keep Mo this season and see how the TE position works out for 2025.

Ballard kept Ben Banogu around through the end of his contract, too. I wouldn’t read too much into that. Ballard’s whole MO is being stubborn. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Surgery is a common remedy for an Achilles injury though not always.  I don’t recall seeing that he’s had any surgery so it might not be as bad as we first thought.  

47 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

I would take anyone we will have to cut over Terrell Edmonds every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Just ask any steeler fan how bad that guy was in the 5 years he was there. I would keep Dabo and Tutsie over Edmonds and we already cut them.

Good to know. Was going off PFF but the eye test from people who watched him play is a a better measuring stick

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Woods is missing 2 FULL seasons with ... pulled hamstring and with turf toe.... 

I'd like to see if there is any correlation between bodies that can score a very high RAS with bodies that have less durability.  Just a raw data comparison to see if players throughout the NFL who have persistent injuries also tend to have higher RASs.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, AKB said:

i thought i saw him on the list, can u explain pls i havent been following today been pretty busy irl

At the time of your post, Sam E was not on the official cuts list reported to the NFL. The confusion is because the Indy star put out a cut prediction article that some in here were taking for an official list. It wasn’t at that time an official list but rather a guess

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'd like to see if there is any correlation between bodies that can score a very high RAS with bodies that have less durability.  Just a raw data comparison to see if players throughout the NFL who have persistent injuries also tend to have higher RASs.

That for sure would be an interesting stat to track. 

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

Ballard kept Ben Banogu around through the end of his contract, too. I wouldn’t read too much into that. Ballard’s whole MO is being stubborn. 

A lot of Colts fans here seem to believe that Ballard and his staff haven't learned anything. 

I'm so glad he got to fire Frank then surround our team with Steichen and his staffs influences. I see as best I can that there are differences, and I believe the changes have been good for Ballard and his staff.

Some here are doubters, negative, stuck in the past, can't see the daylight.

Winning to change it, okay.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

I like all three. Laulu and Witt need to get a little bigger and stronger but have NFL potential.

Lots of RB's will get cut today so I hope we can keep Scott in our house. Any RB injury for us and I would enjoy seeing him brought up in a heatbeat.

17 minutes ago, Superman said:

9 minutes ago, Superman said:

Speed is a bit surprising. That said, is there anyone we are waiving that we don’t want back in PS? And why telegraph which players they want back that is stupid

Just now, csmopar said:

Speed is a bit surprising. That said, is there anyone we are waiving that we don’t want back in PS? And why telegraph which players they want back that is stupid

I don't think it matters. First, I think a lot of this 'they want him back on the PS' stuff is coming from agents, not the team. Second, if a team wants a player that's been waived, they'll put in a waiver claim; I don't think they're trying to figure out which players might wind up on someone's practice squad. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

You think of it as stubborn.   Others think of it as being patient. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There are a bunch of secondary players that are being released today. Even some vets that won’t have to go through waivers. Will be interesting if colts can get any.

I think a better way to say it is to see if they want any. Their actions to this point make it seem at least possible that they will role with what they have. 

• Like 2