Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

8-20 Bengals colts joint practice

Well, this is basically the last week obviously for rooks, vets, udfa’s to prove their potential and earn a job. Hopefully we can go into the regular season start healthy and feeling good about the roster. I’m still unhappy with our DB depth as many of us are here and maybe we can get a surprise pickup somehow but I’m not holding my breath.

It will be good to see the starters for a longer period of time instead of 1-2 series for the whole shebang. 

I sure hope that AR turns out to be who he was drafted to be.  As Elvis Presley once said in an interview “the image is one thing, and a human being is another, it’s very hard to live up to an image”. 

We all have this image of AR being the next Peyton Manning but it’s going to be hard to live up to. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Well, this is basically the last week obviously for rooks, vets, udfa’s to prove their potential and earn a job. Hopefully we can go into the regular season start healthy and feeling good about the roster. I’m still unhappy with our DB depth as many of us are here and maybe we can get a surprise pickup somehow but I’m not holding my breath.

It will be good to see the starters for a longer period of time instead of 1-2 series for the whole shebang. 

I sure hope that AR turns out to be who he was drafted to be.  As Elvis Presley once said in an interview “the image is one thing, and a human being is another, it’s very hard to live up to an image”. 

We all have this image of AR being the next Peyton Manning but it’s going to be hard to live up to. 

If he could be .5 Lamar Jackson this year, it might win the division.

6 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Jake Arthur will be there. I am not sure how much we will get but will make this thread just in case.

The texans and packers..... games we need to know who were playing and take control. They give an inch, and take a mile where we can. Play OUR game, its very important, and controll every situation.

12 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say that they think AR will be the next Peyton Manning. 

Maybe the next Josh Allen if we’re really luck

36 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone say that they think AR will be the next Peyton Manning. 

Maybe the next Josh Allen if we’re really luck

I'd rather it be he's the first Anthony Richardson, paving his own way.  I don't want him to be the next Josh Allen who hasn't won a Superbowl yet!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

The final week of preseason has always felt like the longest week to me. Just ready for next Sunday. 

The Colts are playing a game next Sunday? 

I think you mean you are "ready for" 19 days from now on September 8th.

2 hours ago, PackersNation said:

The Colts are playing a game next Sunday? 

I think you mean you are "ready for" 19 days from now on September 8th.

Yes, my brain farted.

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Two weeks from Sunday. Next Sunday is the last sunday  without football.

Right. Brain fart.

I know it’s just preseason, but I’m definitely getting worried that our secondary is going to get us killed, and force AR to have to pass all the time, which is not optimal yet.  We can’t be playing from behind constantly.  

Also hoping AR is accurate and decisive or we’ll have a hard time getting a lead without Taylor and AR dominating on the ground… which at least they’re capable of doing if they stay healthy, so it could be alright.

2 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

I know it’s just preseason, but I’m definitely getting worried that our secondary is going to get us killed, and force AR to have to pass all the time, which is not optimal yet.  We can’t be playing from behind constantly...

Yep, and with what you said... I am also a bit worried about the O-line in pass protection, and Matt Gay.

• Like 2

Sounds like the Eagles scrimmage from last season.

The actual preseason game Anthony and the Colts played much better though. Hopefully that's the case this time as well.

• Like 2