Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Preseason Game#2: Cardinals @ Colts, Saturday, Aug. 17, 2024, 7:00PM ET

NFLfan

Well more good then bad tonite. Cross played very well, our young rb's did a great job. Treadwell may be playing himself on to back end of roster. O line depth was opening holes.   Bean showed a lot again.

Woods injury possible serious was bad, JuJu nose shouldnt be too much a factor. Gay's timing is off and needs to be fixed asap

5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Was hoping to see AR but apparently he's all set to go for the season 🤣 

Preseason ain't for me lol

They have already said he’s going to play the first half next week.  He sat out this week because of the joint practices.  Those have changed the way pre-season works.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Well more good then bad tonite. Cross played very well, our young rb's did a great job. Treadwell may be playing himself on to back end of roster. O line depth was opening holes.   Bean showed a lot again.

Woods injury possible serious was bad, JuJu nose shouldnt be too much a factor. Gay's timing is off and needs to be fixed asap

What happened to woods?

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

In case anyone was worried 

I wasn’t concerned, but the fact that he felt compelled to justify it gives me just a smidgeon of concern lol. He’s a pro’s pro.

In my head, he may have just been experimenting with a new technique or angle. But jumping right to mentioning the holder gives me Ace Ventura vibes. 

Hope it’s nothing. But he sort of, just a wee bit, made it kind of a thing. I’m stoked for the season; however, there seems to be a few too many built in excuses being cultivated, from AR’s rust, to stubbed toes, to our lack of signing secondary talent. 

The “news” that floods in as a place holder for real news is messing with all of our heads. Please make it stop and give us a real game that matters lol. 

9 minutes ago, CardiacColts said:

I wasn’t concerned, but the fact that he felt compelled to justify it gives me just a smidgeon of concern lol. He’s a pro’s pro.

In my head, he may have just been experimenting with a new technique or angle. But jumping right to mentioning the holder gives me Ace Ventura vibes. 

Hope it’s nothing. But he sort of, just a wee bit, made it kind of a thing. I’m stoked for the season; however, there seems to be a few too many built in excuses being cultivated, from AR’s rust, to stubbed toes, to our lack of signing secondary talent. 

The “news” that floods in as a place holder for real news is messing with all of our heads. Please make it stop and give us a real game that matters lol. 

I don’t even remotely care for the poor kicking excuse. Flat out you need to perform…Gay’s been craptastic in two games so far. I’m very much concerned myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holeymoley99 said:

Sooo Woods is hurt again. Year 3 and he’s hurt all 3. Time to cut him

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

After joint practices with the Arizona Cardinals, your Indianapolis Colts will play a game against these Cardinals. Reports have it that the Colts will sit their starters, as ColtStrong2013 had predicted. Which players do you expect to play?

Will you be watching this game? Good luck. Enjoy the game!

Remember the guy on the right?

National Football League GIF by Indianapolis Colts

Cut It Out Football GIF by Indianapolis Colts

:colts:

I have been working so much, I missed the game. I had to sleep, back at work now. My mind tells me I am a machine, my body said otherwise tonight. I seen we won and once again thanks for the thread. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

They have already said he’s going to play the first half next week.  He sat out this week because of the joint practices.  Those have changed the way pre-season works.

Yeah like last year.. they should just televise the joint practices then 🤣

I won't worry about Matt Gay's preseason performance. If he has trouble when the regular season starts, then I'll be concerned. 

Also, Jim Irsay doesn't sound good. His voice seems off, and I sense he has failing health. Wondering if the wheelchair is permanent. Maybe he should step aside because of health reasons, though he's not that old. 

After watching the game last night because I live in western Pa. and the game wasn't available to me Saturday night(I watched the Steelers hahahahahahaha,talk about 8 levels below bad). I thought the Colts looked good. The o-line looks solid with the backups, hopefully Bortolini won't miss much time. Goodson and Scott looked good. I still think Ehlinger will be 3rd string, Bean will go to the practice squad. Treadwell and Montgomery looked good. Defensively, Carlies and Land and Johnson were good. Abraham and Cross were good. I just don't get all the super soft zone where receivers just waltz through the secondary like a stroll through the park. Apparently Venturi doesn't understand it either. Overall, a much better performance than the opener. Hopefully Gay starts hitting his field goals.

• NFLfan locked and unfeatured this topic