Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aug 14th 6 pm joint practices with Cardinals

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kay Adams had a bunch of interviews with colts this week.

Interesting note on Kaleb’s title… that’s the first I’ve seen her referred to as “owner”

26 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Interesting note on Kaleb’s title… that’s the first I’ve seen her referred to as “owner”

I believe Irsay had transferred that to his daughters at one point. Not because he was giving up owner but just to make plans for the future. This way the franchise would not  have to worry about inheritance tax when he passed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

im on here to acknowledge that i still think ballard was wrong about Jones and Baker Jr.... but Abraham I think is gonna be a steal. 

I was saying it before the game, and he's now been ranked the best defensive rookie week 1 by pff with a 92.2

Please please please let me watch him learn as a rookie vs Baker Jr or Flowers getting torched 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I believe Irsay had transferred that to his daughters at one point. Not because he was giving up owner but just to make plans for the future. This way the franchise would not  have to worry about inheritance tax when he passed.

Very smart. And I knew that. Just hadn’t ever seen it used before by the media

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AKB said:

im on here to acknowledge that i still think ballard was wrong about Jones and Baker Jr.... but Abraham I think is gonna be a steal. 

I was saying it before the game, and he's now been ranked the best defensive rookie week 1 by pff with a 92.2

Please please please let me watch him learn as a rookie vs Baker Jr or Flowers getting torched 

The issue with Jones is he isn’t being used in a manner that enhances his strengths. He is pretty good in press coverage but they would rather he plays off coverage. When he can get his hands on you his coverage significantly improves. I don’t see why Gus doesn’t understand this. I can understand situationally wanting him to give up some cushion but I think he needs to be on the line in a receivers face atleast 70-75% of the time.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

With these joint practices, the starters get so many reps, the coaches typically agree to no starters playing for either side in Game 2

According to Belichick the teams often throw a lot of disguised looks at each other as well. Really helps focus the players if they start to figure out their own respective offenses and defenses. 

Plus, with cutdowns looming, and only 3 preseason games, this second game is hugely important for evaluating those fringe bubble players.

5 hours ago, ProblChld32 said:

The issue with Jones is he isn’t being used in a manner that enhances his strengths. He is pretty good in press coverage but they would rather he plays off coverage. When he can get his hands on you his coverage significantly improves. I don’t see why Gus doesn’t understand this. I can understand situationally wanting him to give up some cushion but I think he needs to be on the line in a receivers face atleast 70-75% of the time.

Gus and his coaches don't understand this. You're funny 🤣.

• Like 2

If you really want to be mad go listen to Ballard on the radio today and the way he talks about the secondary.

43 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Richardson and the 1st team should play a quarter against the Cardinals minimum.  He needs the work.

Ballard said starters probably won’t play until next week and that they will get a half.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

...Ballard said starters probably won’t play until next week and that they will get a half.

You saw this coming for the Cardinals game, and so did I. They might as well just sit Latu down as well. We all see what he can do.