Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Rodgers Not At Mandtory Mincamp

King Colt

The media jocks and players & coach are blowing this off as no big deal because he has been with them from the start. But at least on Bommer & Gio, Giannotti said if the Jets start off wrong like 1-3 then the comments will be on Rodgers bailing out. I guess he will explain when he feels like it. 

I'd like to know what the important event is that Rodgers had to attend. It was unexcused, so the team didn't think it was that important. If it were an emergency or family situation, then most likely would have been excused. 

And this is the only explanation for why he’s not there… I like A-Rod the football player for the fun play style, but I’m not a big fan of the person he is off the field. Dude seems to be giving some Antonio Brown vibes lately… CTE perhaps?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

The only place he could be is a dark retreat, right...

Tom Brady missed mandatory mini-camp from 2018-2022 and nobody even mentioned it. Rodgers isn't Brady but he is still a top 10 QB of all-time, so this is non-story to me. Maybe he is in the dark meditating somewhere on the drug of his choice chuckling homer simpson GIF.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tom Brady missed mandatory mini-camp from 2018-2022 and nobody even mentioned it. Rodgers isn't Brady but he is still a top 10 QB of all-time, so this is non-story to me. Maybe he is in the dark meditating somewhere on the drug of his choice chuckling homer simpson GIF.

As Rich Eisen said, “Will it really affect the outcome come September? Probably not”. Still, he’s a bit of a hypocrite considering not long ago he said this:

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

As Rich Eisen said, “Will it really affect the outcome come September? Probably not”. Still, he’s a bit of a hypocrite considering not long ago he said this:

That's fair but Mini-Camp isn't that important pretty much like Rich said regarding the outcome of games.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 7:57 AM, RollerColt said:

And this is the only explanation for why he’s not there… I like A-Rod the football player for the fun play style, but I’m not a big fan of the person he is off the field. Dude seems to be giving some Antonio Brown vibes lately… CTE perhaps?

Well….  I don’t think CTE.  But Roger’s has an enormous ego and has ALWAYS thought of himself as the smartest person in any room he’s in.   He always thinks he can talk his way out of any issue he’s facing.  It helps him sometimes and hurts him in times like this.  

FWIW:  Salah, the Jets HC says there is no problem, all is good.  But it should be noted Salah is sitting on a red hot seat.  If the Jets start slow or struggle he becomes a candidate to be fired.  His leash is SHORT. 

54 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well….  I don’t think CTE.  But Roger’s has an enormous ego and has ALWAYS thought of himself as the smartest person in any room he’s in.   He always thinks he can talk his way out of any issue he’s facing.  It helps him sometimes and hurts him in times like this.  

FWIW:  Salah, the Jets HC says there is no problem, all is good.  But it should be noted Salah is sitting on a red hot seat.  If the Jets start slow or struggle he becomes a candidate to be fired.  His leash is SHORT. 

It’s just a bit interesting how not long ago he mentioned how if he fails a lot of people will be losing their jobs, Saleh included. Robert really has no choice but to play it cool since everything hinges on making Rodgers happy… but man oh man I’d bet he’s screaming internally in his mind.

Historically, Aaron struggles with timing and working with his receivers early in the season. If it happens again you can be sure the NY media will bring it up. 

• Like 1

I’ll also add: Plenty of time still in the off season, so perhaps he’ll work out with his receivers somewhere between now and training camp, and this will be the non story it likely is. 

Probably would’ve even matter but it’s the offseason and everyone is bored out of their minds. 

• Like 1

This is really a non-story for me. Rodgers has been part of the entire offseason until now.

On 6/13/2024 at 8:18 AM, RollerColt said:

Honestly this just shows to me that wherever he is, it is very important to him. We also don't have a right to know since he doesn't want to share.

11 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

This is really a non-story for me. Rodgers has been part of the entire offseason until now.

Honestly this just shows to me that wherever he is, it is very important to him. We also don't have a right to know since he doesn't want to share.

See my response above.