Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Draft Day 2 (Rounds 2 & 3) Discussion Thread ****NO SPOILERS****

Just now, stitches said:

Haven't watched him... no idea how I should feel about it... 

Not a bad OL only had 4 penalties in 4-years on over 1700 snaps.  Colts needed depth and rest of ones had like were already drafted.  

Just now, Solid84 said:

Well, we're up again at 86.

@Solid84 @stitches

Guessed a pass rusher Chop Robinson as second choice in contest, guessed a Texas WR Worthy in round 2 as 2nd choice, guessed an OT Caedan Wallace as 2nd choice in Round 3, all positions were right but players wrong :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Well Freeland didn’t exactly show out when he played.  Now we hopefully have two capable backups.

Freeland was a 4th round rookie.  He’s not supposed to show out.  Remember the first 10 games for Raimann?   The stuff of nightmares.  

I can see the logic if Gonclaves is viewed at a G. If Will Fries continues to emerge is his contract year next year, he’ll command mid-tier guard money, something we probably won’t be able to afford given the money we’ve already put into the oline. Can see Gonclaves being developed as a future starter.

• Like 1

Just now, Colt Overseas said:

I can see the logic if Gonclaves is viewed at a G. If Will Fries continues to emerge is his contract year next year, he’ll command mid-tier guard money, something we probably won’t be able to afford given the money we’ve already put into the oline. Can see Gonclaves being developed as a future starter.

I only have 4 or 5 more O-Lineman I see that I like remaining. Ballard may feel the same. If he was going to get a possible future starter, he had to do it in the 3rd round. Agree on Fries.

• Like 2

Just now, Colt Overseas said:

Too many OL are upcoming FA.  Doesn’t shock me we address the issue early but not going to deaft a guy who gets 7+ penalties a season in college in roughly 8 weeks.  Worst part some of these OL play against much lower competition to boot.  By the time you multiply that to a full NFL why I had to change by draft list. 

1 minute ago, Colt Overseas said:

And he should and will get it if he earns it.  We saw it this year.  Ballard will pay his players.

11 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I love the player, but a round early to me.

or 2 .... what a missed opportunity to gain a potential start in the secondary.... swing and a miss... 

as of now this is how I grade the draft 1st B/B+ ( depending on if he stay healthy * IMO edge was Not a top Need)  2nd A- 3rd C-/D...  overall B ... the last pick really pulls this down... soo many needed people there ... hopefully we can get some secondary help tomorrow, but they will probably only ne subs....  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He’s going to be our LT for many years to come.  He’s going to get paid.

He’s talking about best blocking TE named Tip Reimann, just misspelled. :)