Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have the 15th pick in the draft. (MERGE)

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Weird timing.  Wonder if clearing some space with Buckner was prompted a bit by under the table talking (dare I say tampering) with Hendrickson.  I've got my tin foil hat on.

Me too! lol. Fingers crossed 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

And Ballard was supposedly looking at Hunt from Minny, so maybe he's been eyeballing vet EDGEs.

I didn't really think that was the case.

I just thought he saw a chance to get a top level Edge and went for it. Rumored to of offered most money as well, just wanted to play close to home.

As far as Hendrickson, this one just kinda falls in our laps all of a sudden.

Already know Ballard thinks he is a great player, played for our new DL coach.

I think this could line up.

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

According to Doug, it was lucks fault for the OC calling 7 step drops behind revolving doors on the o line

I didn't say that.  I said it wasn't purely the oline's fault because Luck had a long snap to release, and held the ball long.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I guess I missed it.  In what context was he talking about him?

He was talking about how he thinks Partridge will help and went on to talk about players he coached in college. Mentioning Watt and Hendrickson specifically.

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But I thought he disappeared in the playoffs each year.  Maybe he still pressured.

He didn't play in the 2023 playoffs.

In 2022 he had 12 total pressures in 3 games - no sacks.

In 2021 he had 12 total pressures in 4 games - 4 sacks.

Maybe not epic numbers, but good especially when he's their main guy so opponents will key in on him. He'd definitely be an upgrade over anything we have currently. Guess it depends on draft capital.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

He didn't play in the 2023 playoffs.

In 2022 he had 12 total pressures in 3 games - no sacks.

In 2021 he had 12 total pressures in 5 games - 4 sacks.

Maybe not epic numbers, but good especially when he's their main guy so opponents will key in on him. He'd definitely be an upgrade over anything we have currently. Guess it depends on draft capital.

Yeah, I remember he kind of fell off from the previous year.  It was the season before last I guess.  

• Like 1

BetMGM posted odds on the first defensive player off the board on Thursday.

They had Byron Murphy (+160) right next to Dallas Turner (+150), then followed by Latu (+200), and Quinyon Mitchell (+1300).

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, "there are some front office executives who believe [Texas] defensive tackle Byron Murphy II has a realistic chance" of being the first defensive player selected on Thursday.

52 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

I would love this move! Position of need and instantly boosts our roster. One less thing to worry about at pick 15. 

Hmmmm. No one is moving a franchise DE. It will get settled. Plus, the Bengals owner and GM never flinch

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmm. No one is moving a franchise DE. It will get settled. Plus, the Bengals owner and GM never flinch

I feel like the money they’d have to give Higgins is going to go to Hendrickson once Higgins gets traded lol.

18 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

They had Byron Murphy (+160) right next to Dallas Turner (+150), then followed by Latu (+200), and Quinyon Mitchell (+1300).

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, "there are some front office executives who believe [Texas] defensive tackle Byron Murphy II has a realistic chance" of being the first defensive player selected on Thursday.

Funny. Lombardi had him as best D player before this came out. I think I said about a week ago works it be a dumb pick to take him. I guess the rest of the league has him high as well.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Same question I’m asking. It’s no coincidence though as Chase was extended today. I’m assuming there was a deadline on an agreement to extend or restructure and that date/time have passed. 

Ridiculous timing as their trade value lowers AFTER the draft. Someone will get some solid players for a very reasonable price. Assuming they can take on their salaries. 

Chase wasn't extended, the Bengals just exercised the fifth year option and reported it as if they'd done something noteworthy. 

I doubt either Higgins or Hendrickson gets traded, but the Bengals definitely have some work to do. I'm not even sure what the plan is for Chase at the moment. No doubt they want to keep him, but the longer they wait, the more the market moves against them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smittywerb said:

I feel like the money they’d have to give Higgins is going to go to Hendrickson once Higgins gets traded lol.

I always said I would trade for Higgins and give him a contract and that would settle the masses lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

We've been through this.  Luck was last or nearly last in the NFL from snap to release time.  Held the ball longer than almost any QB in the NFL.  People conveniently ignored that reality.  Frank's offense got him to release the ball sooner, which also made Ballard's shiny new oline look good too.

Ok? And did that not lead to a full healthy successful season or not? After years of abuse, how is that Ballard and Frank figured it out but Grigson couldn’t? 

38 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Ok,  makes it hard for the team, not the players.  

Huh?  They aren't engaging in long term fair deals because they can't. They want to get paid elsewhere rather than sit around and wait for free agency

8 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I always said I would trade for Higgins and give him a contract and that would settle the masses lol.

no to Higgins.  He’s basically MPJ with a higher average.  We already have a +100 rec receiver.  We need a receiver who can burn the defense and get his production in chunks.    Higgins is good, but I don’t think he’d be a good fit for what we have already. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, smittywerb said:

no to Higgins.  He’s basically MPJ with a higher average.  We already have a +100 rec receiver.  We need a receiver who can burn the defense and get his production in chunks.    Higgins is good, but I don’t think he’d be a good fit for what we have already. 

He is way better than Pittman. When Chase was injured, Higgins lined as the number 1. He took on elite corners and surprised people; he was that good.

So what if Cincy asked for pick swap?

Colts rec:

Hendrickson 

#18(900pts)

900pts

Bengals rec:

#15(1050pts)

#82(180pts)

2025 3rd(116pts)

1346pts

So this trade would put trade value for Hendrickson at 446pts(46th pick in the draft; mid 2nd)

Think it would take more?

2025 2nd(270pts) instead of 3rd? That would put it at around pick #31 value.(600pts)

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

No way he lasts that far. He is the top rated 3 tech. If he lasts till the Bears, they would take him. 

You're picking one of many absurd picks. It was silly top to bottom

7 minutes ago, w87r said:

Colts rec:

Hendrickson 

#18(900pts)

900pts

Bengals rec:

#15(1050pts)

#82(180pts)

2025 3rd(116pts)

1346pts

So this trade would put trade value for Hendrickson at 446pts(46th pick in the draft; mid 2nd)

2025 2nd(270pts) instead of 3rd? That would put it at around pick #31 value.(600pts)

If the Colts get Hendrickson and slide to #18 ( + additional mentioned ), and keep their 2024 2nd...

Ballard's next statement should be - Where do I sign!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, adubb84 said:

I would love this move! Position of need and instantly boosts our roster. One less thing to worry about at pick 15. 

Ballard wanted to sign Hunter now this opportunity presents itself.  Right on the eve of the draft.  Decisions Decisions.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, w87r said:

Colts rec:

Hendrickson 

#18(900pts)

900pts

Bengals rec:

#15(1050pts)

#82(180pts)

2025 3rd(116pts)

1346pts

Why not include Kwity?

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Why not include Kwity?

I'm sure they would want to include an edge as I'm sure the Bengals wouldn't be against it either.

Just didn't want to over complicate the post with other options.

I'm sure something like:

Colts rec:

Hendrickson 

#18(900pts)

Bengals rec:

#15(1050pts)

#82(180pts)

Paye

Puts pick value at 330 difference(pick #57 value).

I think Paye or Dayo could give enough value to help get the deal done.?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, w87r said:

I'm sure they would want to include an edge as I'm sure the Bengals wouldn't be against it either.

Just didn't want to over complicate the post with other options.

I'm sure something like:

Colts rec:

Hendrickson 

#18(900pts)

Bengals rec:

#15(1050pts)

#82(180pts)

Paye

Puts pick value at 330 difference(pick #57 value).

I think Paye or Dayo could give enough value to help get the deal done.?

Book him Dano!

Just listened to a Bills pre draft show on local television.  They said Bills GM Brandon Beane said they have no players on their board with a 1st rd grade.  They will be listening for trade back offers.  Goes to show you how different teams can be on grading players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

He is way better than Pittman. When Chase was injured, Higgins lined as the number 1. He took on elite corners and surprised people; he was that good.

He may be better, he may not be, but that’s not what I was saying.  I was saying they essentially do the same thing and operate the same space.

• Like 1

Y’all remember when Ballard passed on Justin Jefferson, Montez sweat traded out of the 1st to pick rock yasin in the 2nd because he was a hard worker and earned a single digit number at Temple…… expect something like that…. Ballad freezes when he’s faced with picking a real talented player, he uses “hard worker”, “ horseshoe guy”, “team captain” to soften the blow selecting a player that’s clearly below average football talent at the particular pick… 

2 hours ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Called it!!!

8 minutes ago, Rolltide_gocolts said:

Y’all remember when Ballard passed on Justin Jefferson, Montez sweat traded out of the 1st to pick rock yasin in the 2nd because he was a hard worker and earned a single digit number at Temple…… expect something like that…. Ballad freezes when he’s faced with picking a real talented player, he uses “hard worker”, “ horseshoe guy”, “team captain” to soften the blow selecting a player that’s clearly below average football talent at the particular pick… 

Does he trade back?  I am back and forth but I beleive there is  pressure to get a play maker. People have Bowers falling to the Colts. I think we need D bad. However, he would be my choice as an offensive pick after Nabers and Harrison. I actually think he has the ability to affect the game just as much as Harrison. 

As we get within 24 hours of the draft. I want Brock Bowers. The lack of TEs that are good in this draft just takes over for me what could be a top CB in Mitchell. I feel like we can get a top CB, WR, and EDGE in rounds 2-4 if we really want too in some order. 

If we have to trade up for Bowers, then I don't want him, but if he falls to 15, then I think we'd have to take him as there's no TE close to him on paper for the rest of the draft. He also would do wonders with Steichen.

13 minutes ago, Rolltide_gocolts said:

Look at the Chiefs. Franchise tight end, qb, DT, and some would say corner. U need some elite players mixed in with players. We have one elite player, and he is our rb. This is 2024 and u ain't winning nothing with that formula.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Look at the Chiefs. Franchise tight end, qb, DT, and some would say corner. U need some elite players mixed in with players. We have one elite player, and he is our rb. This is 2024 and u ain't winning nothing with that formula.

Most of the elite teams have a top TE. That's a separator. Chiefs, 49ers, Bills, Lions, Ravens. All with top TEs. That arguably harder to get than a top WR. If Brock Bowers falls to 15, you take him.

• Like 4