Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

My dog is sleeping on my bed next to me right now. She's a 2-year-old Labrador Retriever. She's helped keep me in a good place the last two years and given me purpose. Took her for a bath and to get her nails cut this morning. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They need a FS more than a SS. Adding a vet at FS I think in an justify letting cross start at SS.

Free Agent FS Justin Simmons (Broncos, 30 years old, 2-time pro bowler, 30 career interceptions, last contract averaged $15mm/year)

Free Agent SS Julian Blackmon (Colts, 25 years old, 7 career interceptions, rookie contract averaged $1.5mm/year)

Free Agent FS Eddie Jackson (Bears, 30 years old, 2-time pro bowler, 15 career interceptions, last contract averaged $14mm/year)

FS Budda Baker (Cardinals, 28 years old, 6-time pro bowler, only 7 career interceptions, one year left on current contract to earn $14mm+, would need to TRADE something for him AND pay his next buku contract)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Free Agent FS Justin Simmons (Broncos, 30 years old, 2-time pro bowler, 30 career interceptions, last contract averaged $15mm/year)

Free Agent SS Julian Blackmon (Colts, 25 years old, 7 career interceptions, rookie contract averaged $1.5mm/year)

Free Agent FS Eddie Jackson (Bears, 30 years old, 2-time pro bowler, 15 career interceptions, last contract averaged $14mm/year)

FS Budda Baker (Cardinals, 28 years old, 6-time pro bowler, only 7 career interceptions, one year left on current contract to earn $14mm+, would need to TRADE something for him AND pay his next buku contract)

I will vote for the 6 time pro bowler who is only 28 years old.  He could be our new Bob Sanders anchoring a Super Bowl defense in a few years.  He would be a splash acquisition.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Anyone know if Ballard talks typically at the owners meetings. They are next week.

He should be. Key word should. I would imagine he’ll be more in the public eye since Irsay will still be recovering. 

Speaking of doggos, glad you’ve got puppies! 

My corgi turns 3 this summer, time goes too fast… 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Nice! I have a GS too. I'm trying to post a pic but keep getting message that the file is too large.

If you have a picture posted on another site (Facebook, Photobucket, Whatsapp, etc), you can copy the picture and it will be small enough to post here. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Anyone know if Ballard talks typically at the owners meetings. They are next week.

He does, but for whatever reason, no one uploads the video.

It appears there won't be much of anything new to talk about.

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

I have 2.  Boy and girl.  Boy is 6 months, girl is 6 years.  Girl a rescue, boy adopted straight from the litter.  Total opposites.  The girl is so shy and reserved (except with me) and the boy is chaotic and adventurous.  Love them both.  I like dogs but I also don’t like rodents (phobia) and I’d rather let nature sort itself out than to use inhumane stuff like glue traps lol.  

Mine's a boy. A rescue too. Got him at 13 months and he's almost 4 years now. He's a cuddle bug through and through. Follows me around and jumps on my lap whenever I sit.

Love dogs too. I've had a Jack Russel Terrier and a Golden Retriever/Labrador mix. Very different dogs but each amazing in their own way.

My sons had a bunny once. He really surprised me. He ran free in our house, but he always hopped in his cage to do his business. Had a lot of personality. We'd always put him in his cage when it was bed-time, but he'd get angry and stamp his feet lol.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, smittywerb said:

Not gonna lie, I would take turner or latu if they’re there.  And then find a way to get another 2nd round pick and draft a CB and WR.

We ranked 30th in hurries, and only 2 lineman ranked in the top 20 of pass rush win rate, only 2 ranked in the top 20 of run win rate. Grover, Buck, and Samson were in those categories (with Samson ranking in the top 20 of both pass and run).  Kwitty is the only player who didn’t rank in either one.  If latu or turner are there, I’d say draft them.  And we’d still have the opportunity to grab a good corner and wide receiver in the second.  

I know, Ballard drafting ANOTHER defensive end.  But this is different.  Latu and Turner are both miles ahead of any DEs we’ve drafted.  Even kwitty who’s our highest pick DE had questions.  Screw it, if the draft plays out where one of those two are available, get them.

You get the second rounder by trading your 2025 first . Or something more complicated like this years 3rd and next years 2nd and a tad more. But pretty much will be significant 2025 draft capital.

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Got a 2yr old golden doodle and a 6 month old golden doodle. (6 month was the one that was choking)

Daughter is allergic so those are the route to take.

We had a Golden Doodle that made it to around 15. We now have a 2 month old Golden Doodle that is a nightmare to take care of. Thing goes into attack mode 2-3 times a day . Never had a dog like this and it's tough on my wife and I as we have reached our 70's. Smart and funny dog but brutal...

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Going to be interested in what Ballard says this week. Looking back at my old thread from last years meetings Steichen and him did a long presser about the state of the team.

I imagine he’ll talk about the goal of bringing Pittman, Stewart and Moore back, and he and Steichen will compliment the WR room and backfield and talk about being young but learning. To be truthful, I’m not expecting too much to be gained that we already don’t know, unless someone directly asks him about the Sneed stuff and so on. 

• Like 4

Just now, RollerColt said:

I imagine he’ll talk about the goal of bringing Pittman, Stewart and Moore back, and he and Steichen will compliment the WR room and backfield and talk about being young but learning. To be truthful, I’m not expecting too much to be gained that we already don’t know, unless someone directly asks him about the Sneed stuff and so on. 

What I have been hearing from local media they are going to ask him about this secondary and hit him hard. Outside holder the others have been hitting him bad in their podcasts about failing to fix it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What I have been hearing from local media they are going to ask him about this secondary and hit him hard. Outside holder the others have been hitting him bad in their podcasts about failing to fix it.

I fully expect a lot of GM speak for that segment: “now look, we invested in DBs in the previous draft, we’ve picked up some good players who will take time to develop and we’re confident they can take the next step”. Expect a lot of that.

Shane will most likely follow suit and be very Belichick-like in his responses. 

• Like 1

Just now, RollerColt said:

I fully expect a lot of GM speak for that segment: “now look, we invested in DBs in the previous draft, we’ve picked up some good players who will take time to develop and we’re confident they can take the next step”. Expect a lot of that.

Shane will most likely follow suit and be very Belichick-like in his responses. 

lol. Why did I hear him say all of that in my head. 

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Do you really think he is not going to sign any secondary help before the draft?   I'm positive he has irons in the fire.   Just because it doesn't happen on a timeline we want,  doesn't mean it won't happen.   My goodness

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Do you really think he is not going to sign any secondary help before the draft?   I'm positive he has irons in the fire.   Just because it doesn't happen on a timeline we want,  doesn't mean it won't happen.   My goodness

I’m seeing a lot of mock drafts showing us going CB in round 1. Jeremiah, Kiper, Reuter, and a few others. Jeremiah hears quite a bit. It’ll be interesting to see if what he’s hearing so far are false flags. 

6 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

randy moss, amendola, woodhead, just to name a few

Randy Moss was not a free agent. He was acquired by trade. Wood head and Amendola were not high-priced free agents.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

Moss was a trade,  amendola and woodhead weren't even close to big name free agents.   What are you talking about?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

Moss was traded for and the other 2 are far from big names.

Woodhead had played 10 games, 15 carries and 10 catchesat the time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah usually greet me with my forearm in their mouth.

They like to chew on stuff.

Here's my guys.

IMG_20240302_0823222.jpg.95c15ea457052fe92905e9a0ec8180ce.jpg

Can I have that big one? So cute!! The other one too.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Can I have that big one? So cute!! The other one too.

Trust me the smaller one is much cuter.

Has light green eyes, almost look like alligator eyes.

Bigger ones pretty cute though too.

We got the 2nd one because the older one had anxiety when we left the house.

It didn't help. Lol. Now just have 2 crazy dogs IMG_20230930_1513064.jpg.f136cbfd253bd3489d1df8ae521cf749.jpg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Has light green eyes, almost look like a alligator eyes.

It didn't help. Lol. Now just have 2 crazy dogs IMG_20230930_1513064.jpg.f136cbfd253bd3489d1df8ae521cf749.jpg

My brother has a golden doodle.  He is hilarious.   So soft and fluffy as well.   Energy for days

• Like 2

Just now, w87r said:

Has light green eyes, almost look like a alligator eyes.

😍 Beautiful! I like almost all dogs. I love Huskies and Golden Retrievers. One of my favorite dogs is the English Bulldog.

I like cats too but I am allergic to them.

• Like 3