Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Around the NFL 2024 Off-season signings, trades and other news

w87r

Can use this thread to post moves from around the NFL.

Get started with this little small move.

let the fun begin 

Also have the official Russell Wilson news as well.

• Thanks 1

Mike Evans signed for 2 years with The Bucs with a base value of $41 million

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/the-new-mike-evans-contract-has-a-base-value-of-41-million-over-two-years

Dalton Schultz signed for 3 years $36 mil. with The Texans

Zach Ertz signed a 1 year deal with Commanders

Buffalo Bills - Signed G David Edwards to a two-year extension and P Matt Haack to a one-year contract.

Released Ss Jordan Poyer and Siran Neal, C Mitch Morse, RB Nyheim Hines and WR Deonte Harty. Restructuring the contract of CB Rasul Douglas. Designated CB Tre'Davious White as a post June 1 release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Broncos released S Justin Simmons and are restructuring Patrick Surtain contract. 

Jonnu Smith signed a two year 10 million dollar deal with the Dolphins. 

The Bills signed QB Mitch Trubisky to a one year contract as back up. 

The Bengals are expected to release RB Joe Mixon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

In a few days, it is about to get very very busy, the free agency period.

Why I figured it would be a good place to put them all instead of new threads for everything.

We'll see how that works out.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, w87r said:

Why I figured it would be a good place to put them all instead of new threads for everything.

We'll see how that works out.

Thank you for doing that. It is better to have one place for all the moves than having a separate thread for each move.

• Like 1

• NFLfan featured this topic
23 hours ago, chad72 said:

Mike Evans signed for 2 years with The Bucs with a base value of $41 million

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/the-new-mike-evans-contract-has-a-base-value-of-41-million-over-two-years

Dalton Schultz signed for 3 years $36 mil. with The Texans

Zach Ertz signed a 1 year deal with Commanders

Buffalo Bills - Signed G David Edwards to a two-year extension and P Matt Haack to a one-year contract.

Released Ss Jordan Poyer and Siran Neal, C Mitch Morse, RB Nyheim Hines and WR Deonte Harty. Restructuring the contract of CB Rasul Douglas. Designated CB Tre'Davious White as a post June 1 release.

Hasn't Mike Evans asked for more money? Was that all fully guaranteed? That seems very less when the talk is about Pittman getting around 24 million average, even if Evans has been over 30.

Bills have had to make so many moves to make cap space available, they'll need a good draft to be in the race. Them signing Trubisky is a head scratcher for me! Especially after so many QBs had better production as backups last year. Maybe, they went cheap! 

Dolphins made my favourite move of the off-season signing so far, signing TE Jonnu Smith. He had similar production as Kyle Pitts in a time share with Atlanta, and he's produced well enough all his career. He'll be a great fit for Tua. 

4th round pick OG Kevin Doston got more money than 2nd round pick Ezra Cleveland of their draft class. Vikings could've kept him for the money he got and Vikings got only a 6th round draft pick in return for him! 

4 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Jerry Jeudy traded to the Browns for I believe a 5th and 6th. 

Glad the Colts didn’t trade a 3rd for him. As for the Broncos that team is going to be in a rough place for awhile.

22 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Glad the Colts didn’t trade a 3rd for him. As for the Broncos that team is going to be in a rough place for awhile.

Not sure what really is going on with Jeudy. I believe injuries hampered him one year but I thought he was going to be better. I hope Watson can elevate him ao he reaches his potential 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

NFL Network is reporting breaking news:

Chris Jones is not going anywhere. The Chiefs have signed Jones to a five-year deal.

5 years.   Holy cow.  I bet that's a huge number.  100 million?

Just now, jvan1973 said:

5 years.   Holy cow.  I bet that's a huge number.  100 million?

My guess is $125m at least. Be $25m AAV.

May be higher.

Biggest part is $95m guaranteed. That's big money.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Close.. $95million

That's just the guaranteed portion 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, w87r said:

If it is actually a deal to be highest paid DT ever, like that tweet says,

It might be a 5yr $165m($33m AAV a year) with $95m guaranteed 

Imagine what a prime Reggie White would get in today's game.  Chris is very good,  he isn't on the spectrum of all time good

36 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Imagine what a prime Reggie White would get in today's game.  Chris is very good,  he isn't on the spectrum of all time good

Reggie White contract would probably look like Nick Bosa or  Micah Parsons upcoming contract

42 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah I saw somewhere between 31-34m AAV

They must have a trade partner lined up for Sneed or be doing some major restructuring because I don’t see how they will fit his contract into the salary cap unless most of it at the end of the contract. 

11 hours ago, w87r said:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, w87r said:

I like that they are doing what is necessary to retain those they have drafted.

Chris Jones would be a top 10 pick in a re-do of his draft class. He was drafted in the second round.

I hope the Vikes keep Hunter. He is one of my favorite players and one of our best draft picks in the last decade. (JJ too)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I like that they are doing what is necessary to retain those they have drafted.

Chris Jones would be a top 10 pick in a re-do of his draft class. He was drafted in the second round.

I hope the Vikes keep Hunter. He is one of my favorite players and one of our best draft picks in the last decade. (JJ too)

He's going to cost them $25m probably. JJ $30m.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

He's going to cost them $25m probably. JJ $30m.

I know. I think $30M is too much for a WR but he is a special one. Hunter is a youthful player despite having played 9 years in the league. I think he is 29 or 30. I want to keep him but he is a free agent. JJ is not. We can worry about JJ later.

22 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I know. I think $30M is too much for a WR but he is a special one. Hunter is a youthful player despite having played 9 years in the league. I think he is 29 or 30. I want to keep him but he is a free agent. JJ is not. We can worry about JJ later.

Better worry about

Kirk Cousins Dancing GIF by The Undroppables

Good thing about Hunter, is, he is going to cost you $14.9m if you don't re-sign him.

So $25m AAV over 3-4 years, which will be much lower cap hit in 2024 won't have much more of an impact on this years cap than it would be if he leaves.

Kirk's the same way, even if you have to give him a 2yr $90m deal(I think that's what he said he was asking?), there is a $28.5m dead cap hit if he leaves

Let's say contract looks like 2yr $90m

2024 $40m

2025 $50m

They will probably put a void year or 2 on it to lower those 2 cap hits, and unfortunately be in the same situation in a couple years. Shift it down the road a couple years.

2024 $30m

2025 $40m

2026 $20m dead cap void year 

Be tough to lose Kirk and still have the $28.5m cap hit. The cap going up more than expected helps with the burden though, if they or Kirk opt to move on. 

I know where you stand, but I kinda hope he stays in Minnesota.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Better worry about

Kirk Cousins Dancing GIF by The Undroppables

Good thing about Hunter, is, he is going to cost you $14.9m if you don't re-sign him.

So $25m AAV over 3-4 years, which will be much lower cap hit in 2024 won't have much more of an impact on this years cap than it would be if he leaves.

Kirk's the same way, even if you have to give him a 2yr $90m deal(I think that's what he said he was asking?), there is a $28.5m dead cap hit if he leaves

Let's say contract looks like 2yr $90m

2024 $40m

2025 $50m

They will probably put a void year or 2 on it to lower those 2 cap hits, and unfortunately be in the same situation in a couple years. Shift it down the road a couple years.

2024 $30m

2025 $40m

2026 $20m dead cap void year 

Be tough to lose Kirk and still have the $28.5m cap hit. The cap going up more than expected helps with the burden though, if they or Kirk opt to move on. 

I know where you stand, but I kinda hope he stays in Minnesota.

I read that Cousins will tell us today whether he will take our offer. We expect that he will. I prefer signing out own free agents rather than others but I thought he would sign elsewhere.

I read that Baker may sign with Atlanta.

I still want to re-sign Hunter and maybe Wonnum too.

38 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I read that Cousins will tell us today whether he will take our offer. We expect that he will. I prefer signing out own free agents rather than others but I thought he would sign elsewhere.

I read that Baker may sign with Atlanta.

I still want to re-sign Hunter and maybe Wonnum too.

Yeah saw the same about Cousins.

I like Wonnum also.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

Is the legal tampering period on? 

No.

1 minute ago, Solid84 said:

Don't know, but several guys are reporting this:

He was cut by the Eagles. Those who are cut can sign at any time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2