Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts meet with (draft prospect)

9 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I will not stop pushing this hype train for him. Also @Zoltan tell us everything you know about Oladapo lol.

8 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Oladapo is like James Williams - both could be SSLB hybrids. 

Yeah he's a SS for sure, really good at run defense, not afraid of contact, but can rely on the hit knocking the runner over vs good tackling technique. He's a good zone defender but due to his aggressive play, play-action gets him in trouble.

While I would love to have a Beaver on our team, the problem for Oladapo is that our Safety room is full of players that do the exact same thing as him.

• Thanks 2

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Yeah he's a SS for sure, really good at run defense, not afraid of contact, but can rely on the hit knocking the runner over vs good tackling technique. He's a good zone defender but due to his aggressive play, play-action gets him in trouble.

While I would love to have a Beaver on our team, the problem for Oladapo is that our Safety room is full of players that do the exact same thing as him.

True, but if I was drafting Oladapo or Williams it would be to move them to LB. 

18 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

True, but if I was drafting Oladapo or Williams it would be to move them to LB. 

Williams more than Oladapo, as he has the weight to transition faster Oladapo would have to gain 20 lbs to get to 230lbs, he's currently to slim to be a LB

23 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Williams more than Oladapo, as he has the weight to transition faster Oladapo would have to gain 20 lbs to get to 230lbs, he's currently to slim to be a LB

He’d be a dime backer so I don’t think the weight matters. Remember a few years back, Leonard said he probably played at 218-220.

I hadn't done much homework on him but Xavier Worthy seems like a good outside threat. At least athletic wise. Much better athlete than Pierce. I like the other Texas guy as well Adonai Mitchell.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 4:47 PM, OhioColt said:

Fiske just nailed the Combine in all facets.  Super impressive performances #1  in everything.  Wouldn’t surprise me to see his name now called on Day 1.

Fiske is intriguing, but when I look at him, why does Bjoern Warner pop into my head???:scratch:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KB said:

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/03/indianapolis-colts-nfl-draft-rome-odunze-meeting-combine-trade-up/

Putting this here because it states the Colts spent some time with him at the combine. Idk how much I'd give in a trade up for him, but would love him on the team.

Ballard trading up in the 1st would signal we’ve entered the upside down. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Ballard trading up in the 1st would signal we’ve entered the upside down. 

If we could make a trade with the Cards who pick 4th, we would have our pick of the litter of any WR or even Bowers at that point. Unless the Bears stick with Fields and draft Marvin. Having said that I am almost sure the Redskins and Patriots will draft a QB. Even if Marvin is gone, we would have our choice between Rome, Nabers, or Bowers which would make anyone salivate. It would take our 15th and maybe our 2nd round pick to get it done is a guess but that is not Ballard's style usually.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we could make a trade with the Cards who pick 4th, we would have our pick of the litter of any WR or even Bowers at that point. Unless the Bears stick with Fields and draft Marvin. Having said that I am almost sure the Redskins and Patriots will draft a QB. Even if Marvin is gone, we would have our choice between Rome, Nabers, or Bowers which would make anyone salivate. It would take our 15th and maybe our 2nd round pick to get it done is a guess but that is not Ballard's style usually.

I don’t think Ballard would want to trade up that far. IF Ballard would even consider trading up I think he’d wait for 2 of the 3 top WRs to be taken and then try and trade up for the 3rd. Maybe he wouldn’t need to trade into the top 10 that way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IndyEV said:

Fiske is intriguing, but when I look at him, why does Bjoern Warner pop into my head???:scratch:

Honestly am not sold on the hype either.  And Bjoern comp might be closer to the truth. Kind of has a tweener feel where don’t fit Stewart’s role and not sure capable of Buckner’s backup.  Buckner kind of want to lock down long-term like a Calias Campbell. 

6 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I don’t think Ballard would want to trade up that far. IF Ballard would even consider trading up I think he’d wait for 2 of the 3 top WRs to be taken and then try and trade up for the 3rd. Maybe he wouldn’t need to trade into the top 10 that way. 

I doubt he would do it as well, that is why I put what I put in bold. If we ever win anything again, we need to start being more aggressive though. Teams like the Chiefs, Bengals, Ravens, and Bills all have good weapons with great QB's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, KB said:

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/03/indianapolis-colts-nfl-draft-rome-odunze-meeting-combine-trade-up/

Putting this here because it states the Colts spent some time with him at the combine. Idk how much I'd give in a trade up for him, but would love him on the team.

I saw that article and man it got me a little excited by the idea, even though I think the chances are as close to zero as it gets. Odunze just has the right mentality, physicality, and production that would give us a nasty duo in him and Pittman but I will try to not get my hopes up

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zoltan said:

I saw that article and man it got me a little excited by the idea, even though I think the chances are as close to zero as it gets. Odunze just has the right mentality, physicality, and production that would give us a nasty duo in him and Pittman but I will try to not get my hopes up

I'd say zero chance we trade up. More of a chance they're doing their due diligence incase he falls to us. Him an Pittman together would be kind of odd in today's game. They're both a couple of tough bullies. New age smash mouth.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Out of all the WRs, his character is the best fit for the Colts. I think that’s why that connection is being made. I honestly see MHJ as a bit of a diva, despite who his dad was. Talent wise, there isn’t anything that MHJ can do that Rome can’t, and didn’t do in college.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Out of all the WRs, his character is the best fit for the Colts. I think that’s why that connection is being made. I honestly see MHJ as a bit of a diva, despite who his dad was. Talent wise, there isn’t anything that MHJ can do that Rome can’t, and didn’t do in college.

I'm no college football fanatic, but this is absolutely the first time I've ever heard anyone call MHJ a diva. Most say he has an absolute hardcore work ethic and doesn't speak much at all, similar to his dad. Am I missing something?

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 9:45 PM, colts89 said:

I'm no college football fanatic, but this is absolutely the first time I've ever heard anyone call MHJ a diva. Most say he has an absolute hardcore work ethic and doesn't speak much at all, similar to his dad. Am I missing something?

Roman Wilson took a little dig at him (and Ohio State in general) questioning his toughness:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/michigan-wr-roman-wilson-takes-apparent-dig-at-marvin-harrison-jr-ohio-state-youre-not-tough/amp/

At the combine he skipped his media session without advance notice. Reporters were waiting at the podium for him and he never showed up. It seems to me he did it because he feels like he can. He also didn’t test despite not having a long season like the players from Michigan or Washington who ALL tested. Nabers didn’t either, and I also question his reasoning as well.

I just get the feeling that he kind of believes his own hype and he’s been coddled a bunch growing up being the son of one of the greatest receivers ever. Plus he was a millionaire in college already.

On 2/26/2024 at 2:11 PM, MikeCurtis said:

Walker might be the answer for us in round 2 if we go DE or CB in round 1

Walker college production isn't to my liking would rather have brian thomas jr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, stitches said:

Under the radar prospects for the Colts:

I think I saw a holding flag thrown on him in one of those clips.  He has great size but his footwork seems a little slow to me.  Like his feet are stuck in mud a little.  I can see why we have interest though.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, stitches said:

Teliese Fuaga in R1... watch it happen... 

He’s the only OT who really gets my attention.   I love him.  My 2024 Man Crush.   He looks like a man playing against boys.   

But I don’t see him lasting to 15.   

I still want WR/DE/CB…. But I expect to be surprised….   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He’s the only OT who really gets my attention.   I love him.  My 2024 Man Crush.   He looks like a man playing against boys.   

But I don’t see him lasting to 15.   

I still want WR/DE/CB…. But I expect to be surprised….   

I think Fuaga might be the best OT in the draft. He's so good... moves so well... I wouldn't blame Ballard if he drafted him. 

3 hours ago, stitches said:

I think Fuaga might be the best OT in the draft. He's so good... moves so well... I wouldn't blame Ballard if he drafted him. 

I'd be seriously surprised and disappointed if we go OT in the first.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I'd be seriously surprised and disappointed if we go OT in the first.

I'm thinking there is a good chance we go EDGE in the first round now. The talent at that position drops off after the first round.

16 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

I'm thinking there is a good chance we go EDGE in the first round now. The talent at that position drops off after the first round.

I hope we do. My favorite pick for us at 15 is Laiatu Latu right now. I think there are good WRs to be had in the 2nd round and I don't think any of the Safeties besides Cooper Dejean are worth taking until round 3.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I hope we do. My favorite pick for us at 15 is Laiatu Latu right now. I think there are good WRs to be had in the 2nd round and I don't think any of the Safeties besides Cooper Dejean are worth taking until round 3.

Latu could be our pick at 15. Good RAS score at 9.19. Pro Ready, can play football now. He has injury concerns which may cause him to fall to 15 to us. I think he's a possibility.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

Latu could be our pick at 15. Good RAS score at 9.19. Pro Ready, can play football now. He has injury concerns which may cause him to fall to 15 to us. I think he's a possibility.

One thing we know injury concerns is not a deal breaker for Ballard.

• Like 3