Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts meet with (draft prospect)

Figured we're gonna be seeing more and more of these. So might as well make a thread to consolidate them. 

https://atozsports.com/indianapolis/colts-2024-nfl-draft-met-rb-blake-watson-memphis-hula-bowl/

From what I understand he is one of the better receiving RBs in the draft. Had over 1000 yards last year rushing with a 6 ypc average. 480 receiving yards at a little over 9 yards per reception.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Don't  want him  his stats aren't  good enough 

I don't know his stats, but he had a big problem dropping the balls at the senior bowl. I think that's a concern, even if it's a small sample size.

6 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I don't know his stats, but he had a big problem dropping the balls at the senior bowl. I think that's a concern, even if it's a small sample size.

42 catches 699 yards 7tds compared to brain thomas jr who had 68 catches 1177 yards 17tds

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2024 at 10:40 AM, KB said:

I saw him play against Coastal Carolina this year at RT.  Just re-watched the game.  Small sample size, but once he locks on you you're not going anywhere.  I didn't get a sense of his mobility, but he pulled well and cleared out traffic road grader style.  Moved well in pass pro, but I thought he was rather high in stance (but I don't really know these things, lol).

• Like 3

On 2/2/2024 at 2:25 PM, Stephen said:

42 catches 699 yards 7tds compared to brain thomas jr who had 68 catches 1177 yards 17tds

To be fair.  The guy was held out by NCAA he only played in 7 games for a mistake in eligibility later fixed 

He had 3 games over 120 yards.  He averaged 17 yards per catch

This guy had a bad week but he isn’t known for dropped passes

He is an awesome deep threat

Worth a watch of highlights 

Brian Thomas is the better player but will grabbed in round 1

We may go CB or DE in round 1

• Like 3

On 2/2/2024 at 3:10 PM, Stephen said:

Don't  want him  his stats aren't  good enough 

He only played half a season last year because of NCAA transfer rules. His stats given the 7 games he played is actually great. My issue with him is skill set. He’s kind of one dimensional.

14 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

To be fair.  The guy was held out by NCAA he only played in 7 games for a mistake in eligibility later fixed 

He had 3 games over 120 yards.  He averaged 17 yards per catch

This guy had a bad week but he isn’t known for dropped passes

He is an awesome deep threat

Worth a watch of highlights 

Brian Thomas is the better player but will grabbed in round 1

We may go CB or DE in round 1

The thing is he played against CBs who'll be in the NFL at the senior bowl and when he gets to the NFL they'll get even better.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

The thing is he played against CBs who'll be in the NFL at the senior bowl and when he gets to the NFL they'll get even better.

I get that, but I think he is better than what we have today vs Pierce

If we are in round 3 and we haven’t taken a WR, I would take him

I would rather have Thomas, but I get the sense, after a trade back or two that we go defense 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I would rather have Thomas, but I get the sense, after a trade back or two that we go defense 

I think Pierce is his comp. Same deep speed but questionable hands and might never be a good route runner, so he’ll struggle to separate on his own. I think we should go after a receiver with a different skill set than we already have.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Is he even better  than pierce though. I can say that Harrison,  nabors, adunze, Brian Thomas  jr, Franklin are better than pierce

• Like 2

On 2/2/2024 at 3:15 PM, Solid84 said:

@Stephen

Kalen King (PSU) clocked as the third fastest player at 20.57 MPS behind DB Max Melton (Rutgers) second fastest, and first fastest clocked was WR Devontez Walker (UNC).  A few Colts fans have been saying we want/need a fast WR hence the reason why the Colts are talking up with Walker. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2024 at 2:37 AM, OhioColt said:

@Stephen

Kalen King (PSU) clocked as the third fastest player at 20.57 MPS behind DB Max Melton (Rutgers) second fastest, and first fastest clocked was WR Devontez Walker (UNC).  A few Colts fans have been saying we want/need a fast WR hence the reason why the Colts are talking up with Walker. 

Walker might be the answer for us in round 2 if we go DE or CB in round 1

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 2:47 PM, Solid84 said:

Building above my above post:

7:53 for the comment about the Colts.

Fiske just nailed the Combine in all facets.  Super impressive performances #1  in everything.  Wouldn’t surprise me to see his name now called on Day 1.

5 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I truly believe the Colts may have to jump ahead of Titans pick seven or at worst pick 10 ahead of the Jets to grab Bowers. I can really see the Jets grabbing Bowers at 10. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Solid84 said:

I could live with these two as picks in round one and two

52 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I truly believe the Colts may have to jump ahead of Titans pick seven or at worst pick 10 ahead of the Jets to grab Bowers. I can really see the Jets grabbing Bowers at 10. 

The Titans OL is a disaster

I bet they go OT here

• Like 1

On 2/28/2024 at 11:46 AM, Solid84 said:

I was looking forward to see his 40 time as one of his concerns is his sideline to sideline speed, it's a shame he didn't run. They actually just started talking about him not running on NFL Network while I was typing this lol I guess he opted out, which is a bit of a red flag for me now.

• Like 2