Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Preview Texans at Colts plus injury reports

1 hour ago, compuls1v3 said:

Can't disagree more.  Win or lose it was a great season without our QB1.  Had our ups and downs, but we are facing a good team in the Texans.

imo nick caserio has put together the best roster in our division in only 2 seasons. his draft last time was imo the best in the nfl. but we can beat them if we get the breaks and dont beat ourselves.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

imo nick caserio has put together the best roster in our division in only 2 seasons. his draft last time was imo the best in the nfl. but we can beat them if we get the breaks and dont beat ourselves.

The best thing Houston ever did was get rid of Bill O’Brien. I’m actually happy to see our division be decent again for a change. It’ll hopefully make all of AFC South teams better. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The best thing Houston ever did was get rid of Bill O’Brien. I’m actually happy to see our division be decent again for a change. It’ll hopefully make all of AFC South teams better. 

What is puzzling to me is how the line has moved to Houston being favored 1.5 now. They were 1 point underdog. I heard on the Bowen show earlier that they said, 90% of people are putting their money on Houston. That can't be right, that number is outrageous. This is a 50/50 game to me, and we even seem healthier going in and at home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is puzzling to me is how the line has moved to Houston being favored 1.5 now. They were 1 point underdog. I heard on the Bowen show earlier that they said, 90% of people are putting their money on Houston. That can't be right, that number is outrageous. This is a 50/50 game to me, and we even seem healthier going in and at home.

I’m guessing it’s because of Stroud. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will say this, if Minshew wins this game, nobody should never say another bad thing about him.

MAYBE if he won the Superbowl.......but he still has his shortcomings IMO.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for him and I know he can make plays, but his pocket awareness leaves something to be desired.

1 minute ago, compuls1v3 said:

MAYBE if he won the Superbowl.......but he still has his shortcomings IMO.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for him and I know he can make plays, but his pocket awareness leaves something to be desired.

Point is when Richardson went down, did you think we could go 10-7 and make the playoffs? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

I'd say the only thing he really did was get the franchise QB. If he got anything else besides a franchise QB, everyone would say the opposite.

With you saying that the Texans now have the best roster in the division, will you be changing your fandom from Jaguars to Texans?

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not at all surprised by the line moving.

With the exception of last week, this moving Vegas line, has been the trend, for several Colts games of late.

When the line opened Monday, with Colts (-1 point) ...I fully expected, that over the course of the week, it would move in favor of Houston.

I'm also not surprised, that so far, most of the so called "experts" are picking the Texans.

I view both of these patterns, as positives, for the Colts in this weeks game.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Point is when Richardson went down, did you think we could go 10-7 and make the playoffs? 

No I didn't.  But MY point is just because he gets us into the playoffs doesn't mean he is not flawed.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Kelly’s could be bad enough but it looks like he is going to try and go.

Tunsil has the groin, which even if he goes through the practices, can be a problem during the game.

I am expecting mostly all of the Texans will play. It looks like Will Anderson is back? but I'm hoping, perhaps Greenard misses? Since their pass rush is my biggest concern, Both of those can give us trouble.

It would be nice to have Kelly, but I am not worried if Wesley French is called upon. having both Kelly and French for depth is best.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

No I didn't.  But MY point is just because he gets us into the playoffs doesn't mean he is not flawed.

Never said he wasn't flawed, he is flawed but it is a little nitpicky to be critical of a guy that has been a lifetime backup if he gets into the playoffs. I guess if we don't win the SB, pick away. I won't, because not 1 person in here said we would even make the playoffs when Richardson went down. That is like someone be critical of a fighter that has won big fights but then is a 20-1 odds underdog fighting Mike Tyson in his prime but loses.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Never said he wasn't flawed, he is flawed but it is a little nitpicky to be critical of a guy that has been a lifetime backup if he gets into the playoffs. I guess if we don't win the SB, pick away. I won't, because not 1 person in here said we would even make the playoffs when Richardson went down. That is like someone be critical of a fighter that has won big fights but then is a 20-1 odds underdog fighting Mike Tyson in his prime but loses.

Where was I being critical?  I'm happy Minshew has gotten us this far, and I'd be ecstatic if we win sat.  I just don't feel that absolves him of bad qualities.  Minshew has continually gotten better as the season has gone on, and I've praised him for it.  I feel it's OK to point out the bad as well as the good.  Go Colts!

1 minute ago, compuls1v3 said:

Where was I being critical?  I'm happy Minshew has gotten us this far, and I'd be ecstatic if we win sat.  I just don't feel that absolves him of bad qualities.  Minshew has continually gotten better as the season has gone on, and I've praised him for it.  I feel it's OK to point out the bad as well as the good.  Go Colts!

Never said you were being critical of him; I agree with you he is flawed. My original post was meant to say, if he wins Saturday, how can anyone say anything bad about the guy. Doesn't mean he isn't flawed or whatever. You are blowing this way out of proportion lmao . 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Never said you were being critical of him; I agree with you he is flawed. My original post was meant to say, if he wins Saturday, how can anyone say anything bad about the guy. Doesn't mean he isn't flawed or whatever. You are blowing this way out of proportion lmao . 

Thought we we just having a discussion.  Not sure how I am blowing anything out of proportion. 

14 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

This game is going to be tough.  If Stroud shows up strong, I doubt we win without some zebra interference.  But man if we do… what a time to be alive.

He might not have much to throw too. It’s going to be easier to shut Collin’s down with no brown and a limited Robert woods/ we have to do better on sceens because they do that a ton. 

Everyone says Texans are going to win. This would be huge for Colts to play well against the media darling stroud.

33 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

This game is going to be tough.  If Stroud shows up strong, I doubt we win without some zebra interference.  

Stroud's had a good season, but he's still a rookie playing in his first big game.  You have to treat him like a rookie and try to make him uncomfortable.  Don't give him too much respect.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Saw a stat how Texans are so good at play action but colts are pretty good on defense with the play action.

I don’t expect them to throw deep much.  Noah brown is really good in zone so that’s a big loss.

And Collins plays better against man coverage than zone.  Looks like zone is going to be good for us.  Also Stroud took two weeks to recover from his concussion.  You can’t tell me that won’t affect his decision making.  He’s young and he’s not going to want to risk taking another big hit.  I expect him to throw it away quickly to try avoid being hit.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The line is mostly still minus 1 with an occasional 1.5. Also seems to me that the talking head in the Bowen show is talking through his rear end. First of all , I don't believe 90% of the bets are on Houston and how would anyone know what % of total bets a team was receiving.