Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Minshew appreciation thread

PRnum1

On 12/17/2023 at 11:37 AM, RollerColt said:

Yep. Unless he loses 2 more games and we miss out of the playoffs. Then we torch and pitchfork him out of the city. 

This is the way. 

I heard he spends off season in his van parked in parking lot at a Florida beach and spends his time with his dog on beach and plays pickle ball against elderly women. That's what was said during broadcast......so he won't be around to pitchfork him away. LoL

Beach time sounds good to me. 

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 11:37 AM, RollerColt said:

Yep. Unless he loses 2 more games and we miss out of the playoffs. Then we torch and pitchfork him out of the city. 

This is the way. 

The funny thing about that is, the same people that will bash him if he does lose Sunday, never even had us close to being 8-6 anyway. Minshew has actually overachieved already. The spoiled people in here that hate Minshew expect him to be Andrew Luck chuckling homer simpson GIF

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The funny thing about that is, the same people that will bash him if he does lose Sunday, never even had us close to being 8-6 anyway. Minshew has actually overachieved already. The spoiled people in here that hate Minshew expect him to be Andrew Luck chuckling homer simpson GIF

Everyone who expects or expected Minshew to be Andrew Luck - raise your hands.  Anyone?  Yep, didn't think so.

16 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Everyone who expects or expected Minshew to be Andrew Luck - raise your hands.  Anyone?  Yep, didn't think so.

I don't know, even when the guy plays good, there a few in here that still pick him apart. When he loses he gets trashed, you know it and everybody knows it. What would one expect, that has been known as a backup his whole career when he does lose? The Andrew Luck comment was made because, when Minshew loses, it is brutal in here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know, even when the guy plays good, there a few in here that still pick him apart. When he loses he gets trashed, you know it and everybody knows it. What would one expect, that has been known as a backup his whole career when he does lose? The Andrew Luck comment was made because, when Minshew loses, it is brutal in here. 

Ahh.  Sarcasm.  Got ya.

50 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Ahh.  Sarcasm.  Got ya.

I was the one that was actually being sarcastic with the Luck comment. Reason I mentioned Luck is because he didn't lose much. Of course, everyone knows that Minshew isn't Luck so when he has a bad game or he loses a game here or there, why trash him is my point. I can see trashing him if he plays bad in like 3 or 4 games in a row and looks like Painter. Minshew actually wins more than he loses. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 10:32 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I heard he spends off season in his van parked in parking lot at a Florida beach and spends his time with his dog on beach and plays pickle ball against elderly women. That's what was said during broadcast......so he won't be around to pitchfork him away. LoL

Beach time sounds good to me. 

Let's GO! In the van down by the beach with Minshew!!

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 11:40 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was the one that was actually being sarcastic with the Luck comment. Reason I mentioned Luck is because he didn't lose much. Of course, everyone knows that Minshew isn't Luck so when he has a bad game or he loses a game here or there, why trash him is my point. I can see trashing him if he plays bad in like 3 or 4 games in a row and looks like Painter. Minshew actually wins more than he loses. 

I can’t trash anyone that is as cool as Minshew and helps the Colts win games. Happy he’s a Colt. Hope he balls out these last few weeks and puts a show on for the world to watch in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2023/12/23/24013079/should-the-colts-keep-gardner-minshew-next-season

Should the Colts keep Gardner Minshew next season?

excerpt form Stampede Blue article

...I project that the following 6-8 teams will be in the market for a quarterback: Bears, Falcons, Raiders, Patriots, Giants, Steelers and maybe the Buccaneers and Commanders. The quarterback market will be led by 2-3 good rookies, Justin Fields, Baker Mayfield (if he’s not re-signed by Tampa), Jake Browning (via trade), Ryan Tannehill, Jimmy Garoppolo and a myriad of veteran backups led by Gardner Minshew. This doesn’t include or consider what the Falcons do with Ridder, what the Giants do with Jones, or what the Steelers do with Pickett. The quarterback market has some decent candidates which will not push demand for a player like Minshew. That’s why I believe that the Colts won’t have to be a bidding war with another team for him since Minshew would most likely leave for a starting job and as you can see there may not be any interest for Minshew as a starter.

Nevertheless, he is still as good a backup as you can have, and considering the starting point we determined before and the fact that he performed as well as any backup in the league this season, I project his contract to be:

2 Years, $16,000,000 with $6,500,000 Guaranteed...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The fact the Colts have won 8 games with Gardner Minshew starting 2/3 of the games this season while still having two winnable games to go should be enough for people to get off his back. Minshew Mania has earned himself a nice extension or pay raise wherever he signs. I would love to have him back but not for anything over $10 million a year.

• Like 2