Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week 12 All Around the NFL game thread

NFLfan

13 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I've got Hill, Mostert and Miami defense in the fantasy line-up...

Hope the playmakers get some points.

Jets defense has been great, they completely contained Diggs last week but gave up a 81 yard TD pass to Shakir. 

You will get some points. No score by either team. On 4th and goal at the 2, the Jets made a stop. The Dolphins wasted a golden scoring opportunity.

Hill has made a few catches already.

4 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The jet players just jogging to try to tackle was one of the worst efforts I have ever seen.

Some of them are OL, I think Jevon Holland with the interception chose the Weak side of the offense to run (diagonally opposite from where he caught the pick) so that only OL guys were there to prevent him, you can see WRs like #17 catching up on their other side only when he runs into the end zone. 

Advantage of good defensive players knowing strong and weak side. 

Maybe, that even doesn't matter on hail Mary play as all the WRs were probably behind him in the other end zone when he caught it, only a TE tried to block him by half of the field. 

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai  How many points did your DST get you for the near 100-yard pick-6?

Yes Miami DST got me 36 points, they got me 22 points last week against Raiders.

Their next schedule is Washington, Tennessee and Jets again.

I noticed this 5-game easier schedule when they were having Bye week in week 10, and nobody had picked them on waivers, so I got lucky.

But, someone else had already taken Miami in 2 other leagues, so couldn't get them in all.

I got good points from Hill and 2 TD Mostert got in final quarter, as they gave him lot of chances to run out the clock.

One guy I missed on bench was Waddle, he got some 23 points or so, and I had already played Lamb and Aiyuk yesterday. I could've had Waddle in the Flex spot, but I'm going with the RBs Mixon/Singletary/Swift after using up a spot for Mostert. 

I got zero points from Lions kicker in 2 leagues, as he missed the only PAT he got to kick. Shouldn't trust Lions much, it seems. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

What happened? I turned the game off in the 3rd Quarter. I missed that.

This is what I found

Jets defensive end Micheal Clemons was ejected for making contact with an official during a scuffle on the extra point to add to the home team's woes.

Dolphins offensive lineman Austin Jackson was also kicked out on that play.

Jets players also had fight with Bills players last week after the game in the tunnel. 

I think lot of it is frustration building up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

What happened? I turned the game off in the 3rd Quarter. I missed that.

I had the game on in the background while doing other stuff, so didn’t see it. 

Just heard there was commotion and when I looked up there was a scuffle and a ref spitting blood. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Colts game thread is almost ready. It will be open tomorrow at 7AM EST. I did not receive any suggestions for poll questions. If you have any, let me know and I can add them. Thanks.

Will Minshew be an asset or a hindrance?

Will Taylor break 100 yards?

• Thanks 1

Steelers are terrible. Does Burrow have any chance of coming back if they make the playoffs?

Also, after 2 INTs by Mac Jones, if Belichick plays him after the half, the Patriots are indeed tanking for a chance at Maye or Williams, the TRUE TOILET BOWL beyond the Panthers games, lol :) 

43 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

AJ Brown has given me 0 points so far in fantasy today. I thought the Bills pass defense would give him a good bounce back.

I am leading my league in points, but the last two or three weeks have been abysmal..

Tua

Swift

Pollard

Kupp

Brown

Cooper 

Theilan

Eliot

Eagles defense

Pollard finally woke up while the rest have seemed to quit this season.. * mood on this thanksgiving weekend 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I am leading my league in points, but the last two or three weeks have been abysmal..

Tua

Swift

Pollard

Kupp

Brown

Cooper 

Theilan

Eliot

Eagles defense

Pollard finally woke up while the rest have seemed to quit this season.. * mood on this thanksgiving weekend 

Breece Hall is being wasted on Hacketts dumpster fire of a Jets offense… I might have to try and trade him to someone desperate… 

I lucked out this week. My opponent started Browning and Thielen. He has Olave, Pollard and JT. If it weren’t for Browning being bad I would’ve been destroyed. 

27 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You would think the weather favors the eagles. This is really pathetic by the eagles.

Hurts is hurt, has been for a while and it shows in his mobility and he had the Big 3 - Brown, Smith and Goedert available for most of the season last year plus was healthy. That’s the difference plus their pass D has regressed