Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week 12 All Around the NFL game thread

NFLfan

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

What is the score?

Goff fumbled 3 times, the first one in 1st Q going for fumble recovery TD. Packers didn't make a mistake all game.

When Lions came back to 14-23 in the middle of 3rd Q, they had a chance. On a short drive that entered in punt on their own 23 yard line, they tried some trick play and gave up short field position for Packers to get to 29-14, and the Lions couldn't get back in the game.

That was a pivotal moment when they should've have just punted and cover the 9 point difference in next 1.5 quarters, but they weren't patient enough to play the long game. Coaches' mistake there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah they beat the bad teams badly. Can they beat the 49ers or Eagles though? I still put the Lions in that mix too even though they were Turkey's today Thanksgiving Fall Down GIF- I am not giving up on the Lions. Goff scares me though. 

The Cowboys are pretenders as they've been for som years now. I think the Lions are ahead of the Cowboys, but both teams are only going to go as far as their QB can take them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

The Cowboys are pretenders as they've been for som years now. I think the Lions are ahead of the Cowboys, but both teams are only going to go as far as their QB can take them.

You're selling the Cowboys defense short, they were giving a good fight and were in the Eagles game till the very end, Dak didn't do too bad though he couldn't score in last two potential go-ahead drives that ended up in 4th down stops.

That performance by Cowboys and Dak against Eagles were better than any Lions game. 

Lions are the team that look like they will struggle when it comes to playoff games. If their offense goes to shell like in Bears and Packers games, they're not going to challenge tougher teams. 

Cowboys defense can win in their own very well, that cannot be said about Lions. 

Anyway, they both will face each other later, we'll see how both teams do. And, Cowboys have tougher schedule coming up against Philly, Buffalo and Miami. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

You're selling the Cowboys defense short, they were giving a good fight and were in the Eagles game till the very end, Dak didn't do too bad though he couldn't score in last two potential go-ahead drives that ended up in 4th down stops.

That performance by Cowboys and Dak against Eagles were better than any Lions game. 

Lions are the team that look like they will struggle when it comes to playoff games. If their offense goes to shell like in Bears and Packers games, they're not going to challenge tougher teams. 

Cowboys defense can win in their own very well, that cannot be said about Lions. 

Anyway, they both will face each other later, we'll see how both teams do. And, Cowboys have tougher schedule coming up against Philly, Buffalo and Miami. 

Possibly. I still don’t think they are the real deal and neither are the Lions, yet at least. 

Their QBs are their limits, defense will only get them so far. 

32 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Possibly. I still don’t think they are the real deal and neither are the Lions, yet at least. 

Their QBs are their limits, defense will only get them so far. 

I agree, Cowboys are very good against bad teams and struggle against tough teams so I'm not saying they're real deal or they're gonna be a force in playoffs.

But, they're more than just their QB, they've a great defense which Lions don't have, they have better QB. Lions have an awesome OC whose offense is the real hero in Detroit and for their success. But, when Goff falters or when their defense struggles against good offenses, it's gonna be curtain for them. Take Ben Johnson out of Detroit, Lions and Goff will get back to normal.

I think the struggle for Cowboys is their coaches and offensive scheme, when it comes against Elite teams, their game plan, scheme and play calls don't work and they look stale. 

• Like 1

@VikingsFanInChennai @2006Coltsbestever 

What a great game this was 25 years ago! This was in 1998, Thanksgiving Day game, Vikings @ Cowboys. There were at least 8 future Hall of Famers in that game. Randy Moss had 3 catches for 163 yards and 3 TDs. He dropped another long pass that may have been another TD. Vikings beat the Cowboys.

You may have to access it on YouTube.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai @2006Coltsbestever 

What a great game this was 25 years ago! This was in 1998, Thanksgiving Day game, Vikings @ Cowboys. There were like at least 8 future Hall of Famers in that game.

You may have to access it on YouTube.

Hope you had great thanksgiving!

That LeRoy Hoard rushing TD was a beauty.

I see Mike Zimmer in the Cowboys sidelines.

Also, is the referee in '98 game was the same referee who I think is just retired and famous for using a Card to measure the gap between the Football and First Down Marker few years ago? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Hope you had great thanksgiving!

That LeRoy Hoard rushing TD was a beauty.

I see Mike Zimmer in the Cowboys sidelines.

Also, is the referee in '98 game was the same referee who I think is just retired and famous for using a Card to measure the gap between the Football and First Down Marker few years ago? 

Yeah, Leroy Hoard was a pretty good player. All those TDs looked great.

I did not see Zimmer -- I was not looking. He did coach for Dallas but I thought it was with Parcells.

Which referree is that? Hochuli? I don't recall the one who used a card to measure the distance to a first down. It sounds familiar, though.

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah, Leroy Hoard was a pretty good player. All those TDs looked great.

I did not see Zimmer -- I was not looking. He did coach for Dallas but I thought it was with Parcells.

Which referree is that? Hochuli? I don't recall the one who used a card to measure the distance to a first down. It sounds familiar, though.

Gene Steratore

hqdefault.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Dolphins at Jets is showing now. The Jets are playing Tim Boyle at QB. Jets opened up on offense And are punting after one first down.

Dolphins coming up. No score.

I've got Hill, Mostert and Miami defense in the fantasy line-up...

Hope the playmakers get some points.

Jets defense has been great, they completely contained Diggs last week but gave up a 81 yard TD pass to Shakir.