Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week 12 All Around the NFL game thread

NFLfan

40 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Man I really prefer the powder blue colors for the Chargers over the dark navy. 

41 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Me too. But the dark navy is the traditional one. No?

Actually, the Powder Blues are their more traditional uniform from their days in the AFL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

Actually, the Powder Blues are their more traditional uniform from their days in the AFL.

Ah. Okay. I only remember the Chargers from back when Stan Humphries was the QB. I remember the dark uniforms. But I prefer the powder blue ones. They are among the favorite of uniforms in the NFL.

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

Ah. Okay. I only remember the Chargers from back when Stan Humphries was the QB. I remember the dark uniforms. But I prefer the powder blue ones. They are among the favorite of uniforms in the NFL.

The Powder Blues have always been their "throwback" uniforms, and perhaps the best looking ones of any NFL team as some of those throwbacks are absolutely hideous!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Buffalo can win this game but they are making so many mistakes. The Eagles are not playing well.

How did Denver suddenly become good? They beat the Bills, Vikings and are beating a very good Cleveland defense.

Denver beat the Chiefs before the Bills game.

They've always been ferocious defense, not afraid to injure players or themselves, fitting for Payton. That produces some turnovers, they're good in coverage too. 

Russell Wilson has been playing very well in this stretch, he's started to rush a lot like old days too.. so, both of their units are working well. 

Vikings could've beaten them if they had rushed often as it was working, Vikings just made more mistakes themselves. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Ravens offense is sulking in the second half...

They've lost all 3 games of this season when their offense went silent and collapsed making mistakes in final quarter. 

Losing Andrews really hurt them.

13 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

The Powder Blues have always been their "throwback" uniforms, and perhaps the best looking ones of any NFL team as some of those throwbacks are absolutely hideous!

That light blue with the yellow just pops. One of my favorites besides the Colts of course. 

Herbert with more yards than Ekeler right now…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

They had high hopes for him. Some thought Moore should have gotten a head coaching job.

I'm sure he thought so too, and he probably figured that going from Dallas to LAC and switching from calling plays for  Dak Prescott to Justin Herbert would probably lead to that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I'm sure he thought so too, and he probably figured that going from Dallas to LAC and switching from calling plays for  Dak Prescott to Justin Herbert would probably lead to that.

For sure.

I was just thinking about their team. The WR from Clemson is out. It made me think of Vincent Jackson, a long time Charger. I was watching an interview with his widow. His life really took a downturn after retirement. He was found to have CTE.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

For sure.

I was just thinking about their team. The WR from Clemson is out. It made me think of Vincent Jackson, a long time Charger. I was watching an interview with his widow. His life really took a downturn after retirement. He was found to have CTE.

That would be Mike Williams, he was their best deep threat and real good on 50/50 balls.

• Like 1

Just now, Lancer1 said:

That would be Mike Williams, he was their best deep threat and real good on 50/50 balls.

Yeah, I forgot his name. Is he out for the year? I really wonder why that team has not played better. I guess we can table that.

I will call it a night. Have a good night/day, everyone.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah, I forgot his name. Is he out for the year? I really wonder why that team has not played better. I guess we can table that.

Yes, he has a history of being injured and has missed games in most of his seasons but he did record an interception in 2020 against Denver on a Hail Mary play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

He was one of the main reasons Herbert had big day in beating Minnesota in week 3, and looks like he went to IR after that. 

• Like 1