Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we beat Cincy and Pitt both, that last game might not even matter vs Houston. 

I have said that all along. It could matter for the division depending on jags. We will see. Colds win their next two and they should be able to clinch with 2 to go. But none of this matters if they lose Sunday. They could plummet a few spots with a loss and a couple other scenerios.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Did anybody find out what happens in this scenario??

Colts, Texans, & Jaguars all finish 11-6. 

Colts > Texans via tiebreaker 

Jaguars > Colts via tiebreaker

Texans > Jaguars via tiebreaker 

All 3 teams have a 4-2 divisional record. 

Would it come down to AFC Record? Or would Jags get it outright?

Jags win tie breaker because it goes to record between the 3 teams. Jags are 3-1 us or texans best will be 2-2. 

Even if we lose to Cincy somehow, the sky isn't falling because we can rebound and still beat Pitt which pretty much would eliminate Pitt. The Houston game would matter then more than likely but I am going to just enjoy the ride. One game at a time. We should beat Cincy but we have won 4 in row so we are due for a loss. That is just law of averages. 

• Like 2

You can almost say AFCs is one of the best divisions in the league. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Even if we lose to Cincy somehow, the sky isn't falling because we can rebound and still beat Pitt which pretty much would eliminate Pitt. The Houston game would matter then more than likely but I am going to just enjoy the ride. One game at a time. We should beat Cincy but we have won 4 in row so we are due for a loss. That is just law of averages. 

Bills game is the one I am watching. They are rested and KC has not looked good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is just so much fun being in here when we are fighting for a playoff spot, playing good football. The vibe in here is so much better and the suspense of all these games is fun. How anyone can't enjoy this, I will never understand. 

You wait till they lose a game.   Then its doom and gloom and everyone needs fired 

6 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

You wait till they lose a game.   Then its doom and gloom and everyone needs fired 

Oh I know, I know lmao . Of course, the Minshew haters will come out of the woodwork too. Critiquing every bad pass he makes. I swear, Minshew could throw for 350 yards, 2 TD's, and 0 INT's and we win by 10 points and there would still be some saying, damn he had so and so wide open 3 or 4 times and missed him, so he wasn't good at all.Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV.

On 11/19/2023 at 8:07 PM, w87r said:

Updated Week 13 Standings:

AFC South Standings:

Jags 8-4, 4-1, 6-3(@Browns, Ravens, @Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

Colts 7-5 , 3-2, 5-3(@Bengals, Steelers, @Falcons, Raiders, Texans)

Texans 7-5, 1-2, 4-3(@Jets, @Titans, Browns, Titans, @Colts)

Titans 4-8, 0-3, 2-6(@Dolphins, Texans, Seahawks, @Texans, Jaguars)

AFC Playoff Picture:

1. Dolphins 9-3, 3-1, 6-2, .393, .303 (Titans, Jets, Cowboys, @Ravens, Bills)

2. Ravens 9-3, 3-2, 6-3, .510, .486 (Rams, @Jaguars, @49ers, Dolphins, Steelers)

3. Chiefs 8-4, 3-1, 6-1, .542, .490 (Bills, @Patriots, Raiders, Bengals, @Chargers)

4. Jaguars 8-4, 4-1, 6-3, .549, .510 (@Browns, Ravens, @Bucs, Panthers, @Titans)

5. Browns 7-5, 3-2, 5-3, .545, .529 (Jaguars, Bears, @Texans, Jets, @Bengals)

6. Colts 7-5, 3-2, 5-3, .458, .381 (@Bengals, Steelers, @Falcons, Raiders, Texans)

7. Texans 7-5, 1-2, 4-3, .490, .471 (@Jets, @Titans, Browns, Titans, @Colts)

Still in Hunt:

8. Steelers 7-6, 3-1, 5-4, .531, .512 (@Colts, Bengals, @Seahawks, @Ravens)

9. Broncos 6-6, 1-2, 3-5, .510, .514 (@Chargers, @Lions, Patriots, Chargers, @Raiders)

10. Bengals 6-6, 0-4, 2-6, .559, .521 (Colts, Vikings, @Steelers, @Chiefs, Browns)

11. Bills 6-6, 2-2, 3-5, .462, .425 (@Chiefs, Cowboys, @Chargers, Patriots, @Dolphins)

12. Chargers 5-7, 1-1, 3-4, .521, .350 (Broncos, @Raiders, Bills, @Broncos, Chiefs)

13. Raiders 5-7, 1-2, 3-5, .486, .367 (Vikings, Chargers, @Chiefs, @Colts, Broncos)

Not Officially Out:

14. Jets 4-8, 1-3, 2-6, .528, .542 (Texans, @Dolphins, Commanders, @Browns, @Patriots)

15. Titans 4-8, 0-3, 2-6, .507, .375 (@Dolphins, Texans, Seahawks, @Texans, Jaguars)

16. Patriots 3-10, 2-2, 3-5, .531, .417 (Chiefs, @Broncos, @Bills, Jets) 

Updated OP after TNF

3 AFC S teams currently in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• w87r changed the title to AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 16- post TNF week 14
57 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

To finally break the streak at Jacksonville would be crazy to an already crazy NFL season.

This guy seems to  be thinking colts are not going to lose another game.  Or sure why colt fans want Jags to lose this game. We should be rooting for the best possible playoff scenario. That is browns losing. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/with-trevor-lawrence-questionable-jaguars-sign-qb-nathan-rourke-to-active-roster

Trevor Lawrence a game-time decision for Sunday’s game against the Browns.

Jaguars quarterback Trevor Lawrence’s status for Sunday is uncertain enough that Jacksonville has added another quarterback to the active roster.

Nathan Rourke, a quarterback who had been on the Jaguars’ practice squad, was signed to the active roster...

• Like 1

If colts beat Bengals and Bills and Broncos both lose Colts are in really good shape. That will be 3 teams behind them getting one more loss. Then they can finish the Steelers next week. If this scenerio happens and Texans also beat the jets the Texans are in really good shape too. Bills, Bengals, Broncos lose the top 7 starts to get clearer. Chargers are so bad so won’t be surprised if broncos beat them though.

Weather in Cleveland isn’t bad anymore for jags game.

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

I’m confused as to why the Bengals are 3 point favorites & how it’s flipped 5 points. 

Would most people around the league say the Bengals are better than the Colts?

Usually, the home team gets 3 points if 2 teams are even. Main reason for the flip though is, my guess, 2 things - we are a due for a loss and Cincy's season is on the line. If they lose it will be devastating so many people are putting money on the Bengals.