Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC South and AFC Playoff picture/ Remaining Schedules (MERGE) Updated OP + on page 61 - post week 17. AFC Clinching Scenarios page 61

w87r

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So weird how this is coming down to raiders just like in 21. Colds stars need to step up and show the way. Your highest lead players need to look like stars. That is what is disappointing in this and the bengals game.

Problem is O’Connell will pick apart a zone D. He’s very very good with the dink and dunk game. and he’s getting better. 

Just now, csmopar said:

Problem is O’Connell will pick apart a zone D. He’s very very good with the dink and dunk game. and he’s getting better. 

Yep. Our zone defense just cannot compete with a modern NFL offense. 

Vikings were able to beat up the Raiders with a mix of brute force and blitz packages. We have neither the talent or the scheme to stop them. 

• Like 1

This Patriots win messed up 2 teams. Patriots’ draft position and Broncos’ playoffs possibilities.

It puts Patriots behind Panthers, Cardinals and Commanders in draft positioning. 

The big question will be, will the Cardinals get rid of Kyler Murray? 

Just now, RollerColt said:

Yep. Our zone defense just cannot compete with a modern NFL offense. 

Vikings were able to beat up the Raiders with a mix of brute force and blitz packages. We have neither the talent or the scheme to stop them. 

I think we can. But I think we need to play it like we did the ravens game, blitz all night 

Just now, chad72 said:

This Patriots win messed up 2 teams. Patriots’ draft position and Broncos’ playoffs possibilities.

It puts Patriots behind Panthers, Cardinals and Commanders in draft positioning. 

The big question will be, will the Cardinals get rid of Kyler Murray? 

Yeah they will

I feel confident that we can lose to the Raiders and beat the Texans and make the playoffs.

Just means that the Steelers and Bengals would need to lose 1 game with their brutal schedules (@Seahawks, @Ravens), (@Chiefs, Browns). I think they have better chance of losing both than they do to even win one of them.

Browns could easily be playing for the North title that last game as well.

Ravens play (49ers, Dolphins, Steelers)

Just now, w87r said:

I feel confident that we can lose to the Raiders and beat the Texans and make the playoffs.

Just means that the Steelers and Bengals would need to lose 1 game with their brutal schedules (@Seahawks, @Ravens), (@Chiefs, Browns). I think they have better chance of losing both than they do to even win one of them.

Flacco will sure love sticking it to his old team :) 

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Not sure I’ve ever seen the playoff race this packed, this close ever

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

I didn’t think about browns and the division but you’re right. Ravens have SF and dolphins. Let’s hope it stays that way so browns play everyone against bengals.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, w87r said:

So if colts can find a way to beat raiders and Texans lose to titans then it probably really increases colts chances.

If we win next week and KC beats Cinn,  Seattle beats Pitt and   Tenn beats Houston all very realistic we will have clinched going into final week unless we lose finale while Cinn beats Cleveland, Balt beats pitt ,chargers and raiders both beat Broncos and buff sweeps miami and new engalnd

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

If we win next week and KC beats Cinn,  Seattle beats Pitt and   Tenn beats Houston all very realistic we will have clinched going into final week unless we lose finale while Cinn beats Cleveland, Balt beats pitt ,chargers and raiders both beat Broncos and buff sweeps miami and new engalnd

Really?  Those are all very realistic for next week.

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

So if colts can find a way to beat raiders and Texans lose to titans then it probably really increases colts chances.

Yeah, probably be close to clinching, if that happens, and Steelers and Bengals lose as well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I didn’t think about browns and the division but you’re right. Ravens have SF and dolphins. Let’s hope it stays that way so browns play everyone against bengals.

If the 49ers win, Browns are playing starters because Ravens will have 5 losses, same as Browns. So even if they are tied at 5 losses, the strength of victory over 49ers and Colts will help the Browns. Dang, the division and conference records are same for both if they win out AFTER Ravens lose to 49ers.

Browns lost to Seahawks and Rams but beat 49ers and Cardinals and are 4-0 vs AFC South 

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Let’s pray smith and Pittman are ready. Raiders have played hard for Pierce as HC. They have a lot of weapons that could give colts trouble.

I feel good that a win in either of the last 2 and we are good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As a colts fan the Broncos losing was actually bad. Because the Colts lose the tiebreaker to the Bengals they need Denver to have the same record because the Colts win a 3 way tie between those teams. Or they need the Steelers to have the same record as the Bengals because Pitt has the better division record so they would be in front on the Bengals. There is only 1 scenario in which the Colts win both games and miss the playoffs. Jax and Cincinnati would have to win both. Buffalo would have to either win or lose both and Pitt would have to lose at least 1.  If the Colts beat the raiders but lose to the texans I believe there is only 1 way  to get in. The Texans would have to lose next week, Bengals lose 1 and Pitt loses 1  and Denver win 2. or Bengals lose 2.   the other way, lose to the raiders but beat the texans everything else is the same except the texans could win next week. That is just for the wildcard. If Jax loses both and colts just beat the texans they win the division. Or Jax loses 1 and colts win both.  If I overlooked or missed anything lnk

29 minutes ago, w87r said:

That 1 win really needs to be against Houston though, because if they beat the titans and us they would have 10 wins.

Hopefully we just win both and leave nothing to worry about.

That will be the preferred route, not expecting help

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Here is the scenario where colts win both games and miss the playoffs.

Pretty much what we knew. Good thing Bengals are more likely to lose both than to win one of them, imo.

Merry Christmas everyone, hope everyone who celebrates enjoys some family time today.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, w87r said:

Pretty much what we knew. Good thing Bengals are more likely to lose both than to win one of them, imo.

Merry Christmas everyone, hope everyone who celebrates enjoys some family time today.

I honestly think the Bengals might lose both, they have little chance of winning at KC. I also think the Dolphins will beat the Bills. So it looks good as long as we win out.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly think the Bengals might lose both, they have little chance of winning at KC. I also think the Dolphins will beat the Bills. So it looks good as long as we win out.

We will see where browns are at. Browns could sit players. That depends on ravens and if browns would still have a chance at the division.

Just now, Arodgers12 said:

I’m sorry about yesterday guys. My team isn’t going anywhere. At least you guys still have a chance.

If someone told me before the season we would be 8-7 with a probability we have a 90% chance of making the playoffs if we win out, I would take it. All the regular season is about is, getting in. You get in, you are 1 of 7 in your conference. Anything can happen from there.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If someone told me before the season we would be 8-7 with a probability we have a 90% chance of making the playoffs if we win out, I would take it. All the regular season is about is, getting in. You get in, you are 1 of 7 in your conference. Anything can happen from there.

You guys just need the last 2 and your in.

• Like 1