Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF Ranks Ballard In 2nd Tier (MERGE)

John Hammonds

2 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

All ive been saying the whole time is Ballard at best has been average, IMO he has not shown enough in 7 years to garner the kind of rope that Roseman got in Philly. Clearly I have upset some people haha. 

The rope that Ballard has been given, do you know who it comes from?   His name is Jim Irsay.   The same him Irsay who fired Ryan Grigson who had a far superior record (49-31) and had 3 years left on his contract.   But Irsay called Ballard the best GM in football as recent as Sept of 22.    

Before he became the owner of the Colts, Irsay was the GM of the Colts.   He’s got an idea of how the job should be run.  

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

The rope that Ballard has been given, do you know who it comes from?   His name is Jim Irsay.   The same him Irsay who fired Ryan Grigson who had a far superior record (49-31) and had 3 years left on his contract.   But Irsay called Ballard the best GM in football as recent as Sept of 22.    

Before he became the owner of the Colts, Irsay was the GM of the Colts.   He’s got an idea of how the job should be run.  

Yah well Irsay hasn't exactly been the shining example of how to run a team in the last 10 years either. Before that yes he was great. Sadly its been a bit of a down turn, reminiscent of Irsay Sr. Not to the same levels though.

6 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Yah well Irsay hasn't exactly been the shining example of how to run a team in the last 10 years either. Before that yes he was great. Sadly its been a bit of a down turn, reminiscent of Irsay Sr. Not to the same levels though.

Irsay has been clean and sober for roughly a decade.   Your unhappiness with him stems from not agreeing with the direction of the team.   The team has been trying to win in the window they had.   Hardly a bad thing.   Now the Colts have created a new window around Richardson.   If he does good, everyone should be happy.   And if not, Ballard will be shown the door.  

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Irsay has been clean and sober for roughly a decade.   Your unhappiness with him stems from not agreeing with the direction of the team.   The team has been trying to win in the window they had.   Hardly a bad thing.   Now the Colts have created a new window around Richardson.   If he does good, everyone should be happy.   And if not, Ballard will be shown the door.  

I never said he fell off the wagon, I believe he is still sober, even though there was some rumors during the whole Wentz, Ryan debacle coming from people with sources in the building.

I whole heartedly agree with the second part of your post. I just wish Irsay had hired a new GM along with Steichen to pursue this new window. That is all.

30 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

The way your posting has turned your clearly triggered. Its ok. I get it. My stats are not that far off. Check again. You cherry pick the tiniest things from the big picture to make your argument lol while ignoring the massive flaws. Thats what people will do when they have only straws to grasp from.

you changed the entire argument, when you were called out for bringing Roseman in to the conversation and using incorrect information to try and prove your opinion. 

You know in debate, changing the original conversation to something that’s more distracting, like someone else’s perceived emotions, is called a red herring. You are doing great at it. Signs of a losing argument.! 👍 

8 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I never said he fell off the wagon, I believe he is still sober, even though there was some rumors during the whole Wentz, Ryan debacle coming from people with sources in the building.

I whole heartedly agree with the second part of your post. I just wish Irsay had hired a new GM along with Steichen to pursue this new window. That is all.

who is to say Steichen would come for a new gm? Did you ever even consider that fact? Steichen bought in to Ballard’s process and philosophy and came here. 

matter of fact, had he fired Ballard, it would have been perceived as potential organizational issues, which may be the case on Irsay’s part. Keeping Ballard and sticking to a logical (not to say not without mistakes or error) process indicated stability to go after a high profile coaching candidate like Steichen 

39 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

you changed the entire argument, when you were called out for bringing Roseman in to the conversation and using incorrect information to try and prove your opinion. 

You know in debate, changing the original conversation to something that’s more distracting, like someone else’s perceived emotions, is called a red herring. You are doing great at it. Signs of a losing argument.! 👍 

See this is where we differ. Im not trying to win an argument. Im just letting my opinion be known. You don't like my opinion because it doesn't match yours. Its upsetting you. Your argument consists of pointing out the very minimal successes of this team in the last 7 years while ignoring the massive failures. Your so enamored with Ballard you cant take your rose colored glasses off and you refuse to look at the big picture and accept that for every success in Ballards tenure there has been 3 failures. Which is fine its quite a common thing among fans, the inability to have an unbiased view and opinion. Anyway ive made my opinion known and as I said before, the proof is in the pudding. And right now there is no pudding. We will see if that changes. When and if it does I will eat crow. However I fully believe we will have a new GM well before any real success comes to this team. Best wishes friend.

2 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

See this is where we differ. Im not trying to win an argument. Im just letting my opinion be known. You don't like my opinion because it doesn't match yours. It’s upsetting you. Your argument consists of pointing out the very minimal successes of this team in the last 7 years while ignoring the massive failures. Your so enamored with Ballard you cant take your rose colored glasses off that you refuse to look at the big picture and accept that for every success in Ballards tenure there has been 3 failures. Which is fine its quite a common thing among fans, the inability to have an unbiased view and opinion. Anyway ive my opinion known and as I said before, the proof is in the pudding. And right now there is no pudding. We will see if that changes. When and if it does I will eat crow. However I fully believe we will have a new GM well before any real success comes to this team. Best wishes friend.

Seems like projection to me…  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I wouldn’t call that a great example as a gm! Another example of awful ownership by his father! My only issue with him is he still thinks he is part gm. I wish he would just be a fan!!

35 minutes ago, husker61 said:

yes, and let the gm be the gm. We have seen his record as a gm!

I agree. I’m hopeful that this past offseason was a sign of that finally happening. 

you praise the gm, but meddle in the decision making. 

But at the end of the day, the guy is going to do whatever he wants. 

I like Ballard for the most part but at this point, we know who he is. The fact that this team has had so few wins in the division is alarming in year what, 7? Yes I know, Luck, but that was nearly 5 years ago. He seems to be evolving a bit in terms of modern roster construction, so we'll see.

If Richardson doesnt hit, no way does Ballard stick around.

1 hour ago, Never_Quit said:

I like Ballard for the most part but at this point, we know who he is. The fact that this team has had so few wins in the division is alarming in year what, 7? Yes I know, Luck, but that was nearly 5 years ago. He seems to be evolving a bit in terms of modern roster construction, so we'll see.

If Richardson doesnt hit, no way does Ballard stick around.

We know that he can identify talent, and at a much cheaper team friendly rate, than the previous General Manager. 

The division win is directly correlated to qb play. It's really not hard. Yes, he was responsible (Per se) for qb, although he had an owner and a "qb guru" coach (that was just fired in his first year in carolina) that was meddling in that department. There weren't too many options, and I agree with Ballard when he says drafting one isn't an exact science. If it were, then CJ Stroud who comes from Ohio State and tested poorly on the cognitive test, wouldn't be playing like he is. 

I agree on the Richardson statement, although I think he's shown us enough to know that he's very talented and brings a different dynamic to this offense. This team is winning with mediocre qb play from Minshew. I think we would be doing even better with a rookie Richardson. If he doesn't "hit" it will solely be due to injury. Injuries are what they are. Often bad luck, and there's a lot of luck that goes into winning championships. It's a game of inches after all. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 7:58 PM, Nesjan3 said:

You want players at premium positions worthy of big contracts. You cant compare any team ever to BB and Tom Brady the greatest HC QB duo in history. That just doesn't make sense. Look back at the last 20 SB winners not counting the Pats. They all had superstars at at least one if not more of the premium positions. 

2017 Eagles?

On 11/25/2023 at 9:39 PM, Solid84 said:

If Ballard had gotten his way, the Colts would have been even worse in his first 7 years. Imagine if McDaniels hadn’t bailed.

I think what speaks to Ballard most is his QB tree and HC tree.   All three of his handpicked coaches...Josh, Frank, Flus, have basically failed as HCs elsewhere, so badly that those teams barely even registered a pulse with those HCs.  His QBs of Rivers, Wentz, and Ryan, are all out of the NFL. 

IMO, that speaks to the lack of talent at the top of the on-field execution, for which a GM has more direct responsibility for.

If a person wants to roll this all onto Frank, then why can CAR see the problem after 3 months and it took Ballard 6 years....who I think was never really on board with firing Frank at the time in that it seems to have come from Irsay (but who knows).

Ballard has been very good at scraping together lower round talent to play like mid round talent, and getting experienced QBs to manage a game pretty well, but he has yet to demonstrate that he can find any player or coach who really stands out.

And he may get lucky with SS.  I say lucky because SS is just the latest version of Ballard's way.  Hire the OC from one of the teams appearing in the SB the previous year.   Josh, Frank, and now SS are all the same guy as far as resume.  Simple.

And CB might get lucky with AR.  For anybody to say that a GM is some kind of talent Ghandi who drafts a player with 13 starts and poor passing mechanics because the QB ends up amounting to a great player, is looking past the fact (IMO), that Ballard merely swung for the fences in desperation hoping that the best gamble on the board works out. 

And I'm a guy who supports letting a GM earn his wings and take his lumps as he goes.  Firing and rehiring is usually nothing more than the owner throwing a new dart at the dart board.  But the issues with the big picture decisions are undeniable, IMO.....so far.

47 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think what speaks to Ballard most is his QB tree and HC tree.   All three of his handpicked coaches...Josh, Frank, Flus, have basically failed as HCs elsewhere, so badly that those teams barely even registered a pulse with those HCs.  His QBs of Rivers, Wentz, and Ryan, are all out of the NFL. 

IMO, that speaks to the lack of talent at the top of the on-field execution, for which a GM has more direct responsibility for.

If a person wants to roll this all onto Frank, then why can CAR see the problem after 3 months and it took Ballard 6 years....who I think was never really on board with firing Frank at the time in that it seems to have come from Irsay (but who knows).

Ballard has been very good at scraping together lower round talent to play like mid round talent, and getting experienced QBs to manage a game pretty well, but he has yet to demonstrate that he can find any player or coach who really stands out.

And he may get lucky with SS.  I say lucky because SS is just the latest version of Ballard's way.  Hire the OC from one of the teams appearing in the SB the previous year.   Josh, Frank, and now SS are all the same guy as far as resume.  Simple.

And CB might get lucky with AR.  For anybody to say that a GM is some kind of talent Ghandi who drafts a player with 13 starts and poor passing mechanics because the QB ends up amounting to a great player, is looking past the fact (IMO), that Ballard merely swung for the fences in desperation hoping that the best gamble on the board works out. 

And I'm a guy who supports letting a GM earn his wings and take his lumps as he goes.  Firing and rehiring is usually nothing more than the owner throwing a new dart at the dart board.  But the issues with the big picture decisions are undeniable, IMO.....so far.

1, how about Sirrani?

2 Flus was hired as a head coach by another NFL team that thought he was worthy. 

3. Of course Rivers is out of the league. He is 75 years old

4. Most rookie head coaches are coordinators from successful teams

5. All rookies are a swing for the fence.  Look at Bryce Young

You try to any like you are neutral about Ballard,  but you aren't good at it.   I honestly have no aligiance to the man one way or another.   I think he is better than most.   

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

McDaniels is the biggest flop and not really a good look for any GM who wanted him. But he did fool a lot of people, not just Ballard. 

Reich was a decision made at time where Ballard was backed into a corner. He didn’t have a lot of time after McDaniels bailed. 

His coaching decisions haven’t exactly been great up until Steichen, but there are mitigating factors. 

I think Ballard biggest fault is his teambuilding strategy. But, coaching up until Steichen at least isn’t a plus in my book. 

9 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

McDaniels is the biggest flop and not really a good look for any GM who wanted him. But he did fool a lot of people, not just Ballard. 

Reich was a decision made at time where Ballard was backed into a corner. He didn’t have a lot of time after McDaniels bailed. 

His coaching decisions haven’t exactly been great up until Steichen, but there are mitigating factors. 

I think Ballard biggest fault is his teambuilding strategy. But, coaching up until Steichen at least isn’t a plus in my book. 

If folks want to look at broad pictures like won/loss records, playoff appearances, and division titles by which to judge and not look at every detail; then I'd think you'd also have to include the success of his coaches and QBs after they left the Colts,

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

The timing of McDaniels interview and subsequent disaster should be in context when looking back. It wasn’t a bad look at the time, as he was a top coaching candidate, if not the top. He had failure in Denver at a young age, returned to New England and had success. Hindsight is always 20/20, and we are fortunate he didn’t come here, without any doubts. I think Frank was head and shoulders better as a head coach and leader. I also should have taken it more seriously at the time in understanding the McDaniels might not have liked the information he was given about Andrew Luck’s future. 

11 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Hey it could be worse, we could still have "Big Sweaty" Grigson

Not defending Grigson. He was an awful GM that had his record because of Andrew Luck and rubbed people the wrong way. However, at least he learned from his mistakes and has some humility for how he acted. Ballard will always be a better GM than him, but I do wish Ballard would dabble in FA like Grigson did. Ballard could take that idea and actually make the team better where as Grigson had the right ideas but was just a bad GM and couldn't execute them. 

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

1, how about Sirrani?

2 Flus was hired as a head coach by another NFL team that thought he was worthy. 

3. Of course Rivers is out of the league. He is 75 years old

4. Most rookie head coaches are coordinators from successful teams

5. All rookies are a swing for the fence.  Look at Bryce Young

You try to any like you are neutral about Ballard,  but you aren't good at it.   I honestly have no aligiance to the man one way or another.   I think he is better than most.   

Ballard has hired HCs and old QBs who have failed more than they did here once leaving Indy.

But not looking at the big picture and drilling down into the details of each situation is a part of why I've never wanted him fired...but you skipped over that part (and some other things).   Contrast that with what a lot of other people are saying and have said about retaining him.

But like others, continue to run your narratives in your head about what I "actually think" if it keeps you calm.

For discussion purposes, somebody who cares more about retaining or firing Ballard than me should make a list of all of the players Ballard has brought into the NFL and have been signed after their rookie contracts with other teams.

In 7 years, the players that comes to mind are Anthony Walker, Mack, Hines, Campbell, RYS?, Okereke, and Hooker.  Maybe some of those WRs, Fountain, Cain?

Resigned with the Colts: JT, Q, Leonard, Smith, Grover, Lewis, Cox.

Approximately 7 drafts of 7 rounds.  49 picks.  16 NFL players?

Is that about right?

Is that a good number or a bad number? 

10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

For discussion purposes, somebody who cares more about retaining or firing Ballard than me should make a list of all of the players Ballard has brought into the NFL and have been signed after their rookie contracts with other teams.

In 7 years, the players that comes to mind are Anthony Walker, Mack, Hines, Campbell, RYS?, Okereke, and Hooker.  Maybe some of those WRs, Fountain, Cain?

Is that about right?

I'm not gonna make the list, but want to point out that players drafted after 2020 are not yet eligible for second contracts, so you're only looking at four years worth of drafts, not seven. Also, the Colts typically draft more than 7 players each year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not defending Grigson. He was an awful GM that had his record because of Andrew Luck and rubbed people the wrong way. However, at least he learned from his mistakes and has some humility for how he acted. Ballard will always be a better GM than him, but I do wish Ballard would dabble in FA like Grigson did. Ballard could take that idea and actually make the team better where as Grigson had the right ideas but was just a bad GM and couldn't execute them. 

Huh? 

What did Grigson do in FA that Ballard hasn’t?    Grigson had one year (2013) where he spent more than normal in FA and he never did it again.   It did not go well.   

The only thing Ballard does in FA that many people here hate is that he won’t spend enough on expensive free agents.  Thats it.    And he’s got the analytics to back up his decision.

Ballard has had success with FA spending on very good FA.   Justin Houston (2/24). Denico Autry (3/17)  Stephon Gilmore (2/20) Pierre Desire (3/21) and now Ebukam (3/27) are some examples on the defensive side of the ball. 

7 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Is that about right?

Hooker - Cowboys

Wilson - FA (Jets, Giants, Dolphins, Steelers)

Basham - FA (Jets, Cowboys, Titans, Bengals)

Banner - FA (Browns, Panthers, Steelers)

Mack - Cardinals (Texans, 49ers, Broncos)

Stewart - Colts

Hairston - FA (Broncos and Jets)

Walker Jr. - Browns

Nelson - Colts

Leonard - FA (About to join Cowboys or Eagles)

Smith - Colts

Turay - FA (49ers, Falcons)

Lewis - Colts

Hines - Bills

Fountain - Lions (Chiefs, Bears)

Wilkins - FA (Jaguars, Titans, Browns)

Cain - FA (Steelers, Ravens, Eagles)

Adams - Browns (Bears)

Franklin - Colts

Ya-Sin - Ravens (Raiders)

Banogu - FA (Cowboys)

Campbell - Giants 

Okereke - Giants

Willis - Retired

Tell - FA (Bengals)

Speed - Colts

Green - FA (Patriots, Commanders, Raiders, Titans, Bears)

Barton - Cardinals (Chiefs, Giants)

Patterson - FA (Giants, Browns, Broncos)

Pittman - Colts

Taylor - Colts

Blackmon - Colts

Eason - Giants (Seahawks, Panthers, 49ers)

Pinter - Colts

Windsor - XFL

Rodgers - Eagles

Patmon - FA (Bills, Panthers)

Glasglow - FA

Paye - Colts

Odeyingbo - Colts

Granson - Colts

Davis - FA (Packers)

Ehlinger - Colts

Strachan - Panthers

Fries - Colts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh? 

What did Grigson do in FA that Ballard hasn’t?    Grigson had one year (2013) where he spent more than normal in FA and he never did it again.   It did not go well.   

The only thing Ballard does in FA that many people here hate is that he won’t spend enough on expensive free agents.  Thats it.    And he’s got the analytics to back up his decision.

Ballard has had success with FA spending on very good FA.   Justin Houston (2/24). Denico Autry (3/17)  Stephon Gilmore (2/20) Pierre Desire (3/21) and now Ebukam (3/27) are some examples on the defensive side of the ball. 

He was willing to splurge. That's it. Not saying he was good at it. He just had the willingness to do it. If Ballard had the same willingness to spend in FA as Grigson, he could do it better and we'd fill in weaknesses that are impossible to only fill through the draft. 

17 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm not gonna make the list, but want to point out that players drafted after 2020 are not yet eligible for second contracts, so you're only looking at four years worth of drafts, not seven. Also, the Colts typically draft more than 7 players each year.

Good point about the rookie contracts.  4 years would be better.

The number of draft picks can fluctuate depending upon trade ups and downs and comp pick formulas, sort of blends into a discussion about the overall use of capital.  Trying to avoid getting into a bunch of details.  I thought some broad brushed numbers might be helpful if we're going to talk about won/loss records, etc.

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Hooker - Cowboys

Stewart - Colts

Walker Jr. - Browns

Nelson - Colts

Smith - Colts

Lewis - Colts

Hines - Bills

Adams - Browns (Bears)

Franklin - Colts

Banogu - FA (Cowboys)

Campbell - Giants 

Okereke - Giants

Willis - Retired

Tell - FA (Bengals)

Speed - Colts

Pittman - Colts

Taylor - Colts

Blackmon - Colts

Pinter - Colts

Windsor - XFL

Rodgers - Eagles

Glasglow - FA

Paye - Colts

Odeyingbo - Colts

Granson - Colts

Davis - FA (Packers)

Ehlinger - Colts

Strachan - Panthers

Fries - Colts

Good list.  And quick.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Good list.  And quick.

I thought about including 2022, but they're all still too green. 

Oh what the heck here goes: 

Pierce - Colts

Woods - Colts

Raimann - Colts

Cross - Colts

Johnson- Colts

Ogletree - Colts

Brooks - Commanders (Titans)

Thomas - Colts

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Hooker - Cowboys

Stewart - Colts

Walker Jr. - Browns

Nelson - Colts

Smith - Colts

Lewis - Colts

Hines - Bills

Adams - Browns (Bears)

Franklin - Colts

Banogu - FA (Cowboys)

Campbell - Giants 

Okereke - Giants

Willis - Retired

Tell - FA (Bengals)

Speed - Colts

Pittman - Colts

Taylor - Colts

Blackmon - Colts

Pinter - Colts

Windsor - XFL

Rodgers - Eagles

Glasglow - FA

Paye - Colts

Odeyingbo - Colts

Granson - Colts

Davis - FA (Packers)

Ehlinger - Colts

Strachan - Panthers

Fries - Colts

You seem to be well informed about this.  Clarification: are the guys that signed elsewhere still in the NFL, or are the names of the teams who they signed with immediately after leaving the Colts.  I assume still in the NFL with those teams? 

Just now, DougDew said:

You seem to be well informed about this.  Clarification: are the guys that signed elsewhere still in the NFL, or are the names of the teams who they singed with immediately after leaving the Colts.  I assume still in the NFL with those teams? 

So the team or mark immediately following the dash indicates where they are currently. The teams in parenthesis are past teams they used to play for besides us.  

Lots of free agents, but a good portion are still playing on teams as well. 

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

45 players were drafted by Ballard from 2017-2021. 

Of those, 28 are currently playing on another team, or over 60%. 

That looks like a great number to me compared to most GMs (who have been around as long).  Just a guess.

Drill down a bit.  Do we know how many are starters or major contributors?  I know Walker and Hooker have been.  Okereke.  I don't know enough about other teams. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

That looks like a great number to me compared to most GMs (who have been around as long). 

Drill down a bit.  Do we know how many are starters or major contributors?  I know Walker and Hooker have been.  Okereke.  I don't know enough about other teams. 

It'll take a moment but I'll research. 

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

That looks like a great number to me compared to most GMs (who have been around as long). 

Alright so: 

Hooker - Played 11 games so far this year and starting. 

Walker Jr. - Played 10 games so far for the Browns, he's contributing. 

Adams - Played 11 games so far for the Browns, just 7 total tackles. 

Ya Sin - Played 11 games so far for the Ravens, 6 tackles, 2 passes defended. 

Campbell - Played 12 games so far for the Giants, 20 receptions, 104 yards. 

Okereke - Played 12 games so far for the Giants, 113 tackles, 4 forced fumbles, 2 interceptions What a beast!

That's the main ones who are actively playing in the games. The others are either practice squad or backups. 

I will say, keep an eye on Rodgers returning for the Eagles. He could be a contributor in the future. 

I think all of these stats tell us this: 

It's really, really hard to get Hall of Fame players, regardless of how talented the GM is at finding talent. 

I love that the 2022 players are nearly are playing and making an impact with the team. That bodes well for the future to have such experienced players. 

Also, I didn't count the players who we still have on the team, who are also making major contributions with us, so probably add them to the consideration as well. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Alright so: 

Hooker - Played 11 games so far this year and starting. 

Walker Jr. - Played 10 games so far for the Browns, he's contributing. 

Adams - Played 11 games so far for the Browns, just 7 total tackles. 

Ya Sin - Played 11 games so far for the Ravens, 6 tackles, 2 passes defended. 

Campbell - Played 12 games so far for the Giants, 20 receptions, 104 yards. 

Okereke - Played 12 games so far for the Giants, 113 tackles, 4 forced fumbles, 2 interceptions What a beast!

That's the main ones who are actively playing in the games. The others are either practice squad or backups. 

I will say, keep an eye on Rodgers returning for the Eagles. He could be a contributor in the future. 

I think all of these stats tell us this: 

It's really, really hard to get Hall of Fame players, regardless of how talented the GM is at finding talent. 

I love that the 2022 players are nearly are playing and making an impact with the team. That bodes well for the future to have such experienced players. 

Also, I didn't count the players who we still have on the team, who are also making major contributions with us, so probably add them to the consideration as well. 

Yeah, once we start getting into too many details, then there becomes a whole bunch of moving parts that are difficult to manage.  

I think that the 60% number with the 6 being significant starters on other teams is a good broad brush to work with...if people want to start comparing stuff like that in a reasonable way.

Thanks for your work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yeah, once we start getting into too many details, then there becomes a whole bunch of moving parts that are difficult to manage.  

I think that the 60% number with the 6 being significant starters on other teams is a good broad brush to work with...if people want to start comparing stuff like that in a reasonable way.

Thanks for your work.

Thumbs Ok GIF by MOODMAN

It is a lot of moving parts... er... players... 

If I had more time I'd compare and contrast how the other NFL GMs draft picks are doing. I would guess it wouldn't be too different from Chris. 

As a former player (high school, college) it really does put things into perspective at how ridiculously hard it is to play at the NFL level. The fact that those boys can at least say they were on the team for a time is one hell of an achievement compared to the thousands and thousands of us who played. 

• Like 2