Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Remainder of the Season. Want vs Need

Indeee

Remainder of the Season. Want vs. Need  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Based on where the Colts currently are, what is your choice?

• A. Play Hard. Win Most/All Games left. Mid-tier record. Mid-tier/late draft choice. Playoff wildcard possibility/division title even though we might be early exit.
    • B. Play Hard. Win/lose some games. Mid-tier draft choice. Zero playoffs/wildcard early exit.
    • C. Play competitively. Lose most\all games. Top 10 or better draft choice.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

What in the hell does letting grandma win at scrabble have to do with wanting your favorite football team to win?

Dunk said he has a hard time letting his kids win as a Dad.  That wasn’t addressed to you.  it was something I said to him lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Nickster said:

I am a natural skeptic.  I can tell you this.  I’ve never knowingly posted something here I didn’t think at the time.  So I don’t know what you think contrarian means but I think it implies dishonesty in my book.

Contrarian is to argue for the sake of arguing.   You and Doug do it all the time then claim to be victims.  It's ok.  The majority here are starting to pick up on it

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

Dunk said he has a hard time letting his kids win as a Dad.  That wasn’t addressed to you.  it was something I said to him lol.

Ok. My apologies.   I let my kids win until they were old enough to actually compete.   I still send layups into the neighbors yard at times

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Contrarian is to argue for the sake of arguing.   You and Doug do it all the time then claim to be victims.  It's ok.  The majority here are starting to pick up on it

I’ve never lied about where I live or dirt tracking or anything else on here.

I doesn’t matter to me if you believe me or not (Im not allowed to type your name.)

Doug and I are not the same person.  I don’t know what he believes.

I don’t feel like a victim.  That’s a loser mentality lol.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Ok. My apologies.   I let my kids win until they were old enough to actually compete.   I still send layups into the neighbors yard at times

Apology accepted.  

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yes I like argumentation and debate .  

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I enjoy other people who do too.  There are plenty on here that don’t get all wadded up when someone disagrees with them too.  That’s why I spend time here.

But I don’t make stuff up.  These are my actual opinions.  And my success rate on opinion having here is astounding.  That’s the real issue IMo.

5 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Yes I like argumentation and debate .  

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I enjoy other people who do too.  There are plenty on here that don’t get all wadded up when someone disagrees with them too.  That’s why I spend time here.

I have to say the GIF's on this site rule lmao . The Homer GIF's are hilarious, there are like a thousand of them. His popularity is unreal.

22 minutes ago, Nickster said:

We are actually a half game behind where we were last season at this point before Jimmy started Sammy E then hired his golf buddy to come coach.

I do think we will win more than one more game though lol.  I agree.  I see 3-4 more wins.  The schedule appears weak and the oline is pretty good again.  Not great but perdy good.

I’ve never been high on this D though.  They just don’t really have it in the most important area which is pass defense, both rushing and covering.

Win total, yea. But look at our other stats, pretty much every offensive stat has improved, despite AR being out 

20 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Win total, yea. But look at our other stats, pretty much every offensive stat has improved, despite AR being out 

Despite, because of, or coincidentally?  That’s to me not particularly clear.  

According to PFF AR is slightly ahead of GM now at 52 to 48.  Minshew was quite a bit higher before the 7-8 TOs the last two weeks.  But ESPN still has Minshew well ahead in QBR 61 -46. 

I personally think AR not playing still favors higher offensive out put overall.  He is better at getting balls to receivers IMO at this point in their careers.

Astoundingly, GM has committed one third of his total TOS for his career the last two weeks.  That’s almost incomprehensible.

me personally, I think he was great this week despite the strip sacks which were not his fault IMO.

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to say the GIF's on this site rule lmao . The Homer GIF's are hilarious, there are like a thousand of them. His popularity is unreal.

Only Homer is your Bestie. haha

When it comes to the Colts, Homer says:

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Do you agree or disagree?

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Only Homer is your Bestie. haha

When it comes to the Colts, Homer says:

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Do you agree or disagree?

Homer is my pal, he looks after me like a bodyguard (sarcasm). After last Sunday, the end was almost near for me. I am just now starting to get over the loss but I am still perturbed. When the Colts lose now days - really dating back to 2019, I am usually ok by Wednesday and move on. I am still not right though. I feel cheated as a fan is why. Back when Peyton and Luck played it would take me until Friday to get over a loss because I didn't expect it but I knew game day was just right around the corner.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Homer is my pal, he looks after me like a bodyguard (sarcasm). After last Sunday, the end was almost near for me. I am just now starting to get over the loss but I am still perturbed. When the Colts lose now days - really dating back to 2019, I am usually ok by Wednesday and move on. I am still not right though. I feel cheated as a fan is why. Back when Peyton and Luck played it would take me until Friday to get over a loss because I didn't expect it but I knew game day was just right around the corner.

AR will be back. In the meantime, enjoy watching Minshew play in his place.

Amazon Football GIF by NFL On Prime Video

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nickster said:

Despite, because of, or coincidentally?  That’s to me not particularly clear.  

According to PFF AR is slightly ahead of GM now at 52 to 48.  Minshew was quite a bit higher before the 7-8 TOs the last two weeks.  But ESPN still has Minshew well ahead in QBR 61 -46. 

I personally think AR not playing still favors higher offensive out put overall.  He is better at getting balls to receivers IMO at this point in their careers.

Astoundingly, GM has committed one third of his total TOS for his career the last two weeks.  That’s almost incomprehensible.

me personally, I think he was great this week despite the strip sacks which were not his fault IMO.

Remains to be determined. But even with Minshew, our offense looks so much better. Despite some questionable calls but at least we’re competitive. Last season , we just didn’t have energy on offense to match our D and I think now it’s fairly equal. I’m hoping for a game changer for offense in the draft, where ever we end up

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nickster said:

Lol.  Well I was super competitive on a personal level.  And as coach lol.  Anyone who knows me when I competed and coached knows I was pretty into winning lol.

As a parent with my athlete sons, winning isn’t as paramount.  I have one son who is a good soccer player for a top 5-10 program in Indiana, and he’s sometimes overly competitive to where losses hurt him more than is good and he feels like a loser.  I have another son who just had better talent in areas outside of athletics.

as a fan of a pro team I just want the best possible outcome.  Best possible outcome in 97 was losing.  Best possible outcome in 2011.  

If we are out of the race in 3 weeks the best possible outcome is to lose more games to draft higher.

I understand how some feel, but I don’t much deal in feelings when it comes to watching grown men I have no relationship play ball lol.  That really seems like it should end by the end of high school to me lol.  I mean I have no input into the team with the exception of 4-8 cheap tix a season lol.  

So if we drop out of the race, I think the best thing for the future of this club would be the best possible draft position and it doesn’t affect me when anonymous internet posters think that’s a losers’ mentality.

Makes me think they never competed much themselves because if they had and had any success at all, they’d likely know the difference lol.

I was joking, I let my daughter win a lot when she was growing up. 

I understand people who want the Colts to lose for a better draft pick, and don't get mad because they think that way.

I'm just too much of a knucklehead I guess.