Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NBA, Pacers and all NBA talk

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Boston is tough Myles. They do have mental lapses though but are loaded with talent, this series could go 7 games again lol. 

You have the Celtics winning the series in 6 games.   

Cool GIF

I had the game on my phone out at the track and I followed along but I didn’t watch closely. Definitely excited to advance. It’s been a hell of a fun ride. It’s exciting to be a fan again and the future is truly finally bright. 

That said, I know we’re in the deep water now, and I do believe the Celtics will take this one in 6. And the next series, too. They're that good, and we’re a little too inconsistent still. When Boston has a bad game it’s an exception. They haven’t done it twice in a row very many times, or even at all that I can recall right off the top of my head. 

• Like 1

The journey continues, nobody gave us a chance today, but we have a great team and shut a lot of people up. Boston is loaded with talent and the goal is to go in there and get 1 of the 1st 2 and see where it takes us. They have a great team over there but so do we, see you all Tuesday.

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

The Knicks are losing big time. Up 2 games to none with home-field advantage. My brother thinks they can come back. 15 points seems like a lot. I was hoping the Timberwolves would upset Denver. 

I don't the NBA but being up two games to none should win you the series. No?

Usually, teams that go up 2-0 when 90% of all series once you get into the Semi-Finals and above. Pacers are great at home as well though and was able to get it to 2-2. In the end, the Knicks didn't have the depth that Indy had and that was the difference. 

• Like 1

Tired of hearing about what would have happened if the Knicks stayed healthy.  We played the same number of games as them and had a ton of energy yesterday.  Knicks got worn out and the more sustainable team won

GG everyone

• Thanks 1

Just now, BlackTiger said:

Tired of hearing about what would have happened if the Knicks stayed healthy.  We played the same number of games as them and had a ton of energy yesterday.  Knicks got worn out and the more sustainable team won

GG everyone

Sick of it as well. It seemed like the whole world wanted the NY too win and even picked them going into yesterday's game. We win fair and square by 21 points and some people want to poo poo it. I am not hearing it; sorry this homeboy doesn't play that. Take the L, NY, Pacers going to the Final 4.

• Like 1

I was telling someone that the best way for The Pacers to win was to shoot the lights out and have a double digit lead in the last 2 minutes. Otherwise the refs would make sure the big market team gets calls. They just blew the doors out with 2 out of 3 shots made, a ridiculous level of shooting. Took the crowd and refs out of the game.

I am feeling Pacers in 6 over Celtics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I was telling someone that the best way for The Pacers to win was to shoot the lights out and have a double digit lead in the last 2 minutes. Otherwise the refs would make sure the big market team gets calls. They just blew the doors out with 2 out of 3 shots made, a ridiculous level of shooting. Took the crowd and refs out of the game.

I am feeling Pacers in 6 over Celtics.

I am feeling Pacers in 7. If the Pacers can win a Game 7 at NY, they can at Boston. Boston lost Game 7 at home last season vs the Heat. For whatever reason, the Celtics have had some stinkers at home. 

• Like 1

Haliburton 6-12 from 3, 10-17 overall for 26 points. He was aggressive and he was trash talking Spike Lee after Indy went up 20. He made a 3 and pointed at him and said something. Haliburton is now officially a SuperStar, not just an All-Star. 

I will give Stephen A credit, he showed up today for his show and is taking his lumps. He looks miserable but he showed. 

• Like 1

My level of how a team is:

1. Make the Playoffs but lose in the 1st Round = above average.

2. Make the Playoffs, win a series, but lose in Round 2 = good.

3. Make the Playoffs, win 2 series, but lose in the ECFinals = very good.

4. Make the Playoffs, win 3 series, but lose in the Finals = great.

5. Win the Championship = World Champion. 

As of now, we are a very good team no matter what happens, and nobody can say otherwise. Solid for a team that hasn't played together for even a full year yet.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My level of how a team is:

1. Make the Playoffs but lose in the 1st Round = above average.

2. Make the Playoffs, win a series, but lose in Round 2 = good.

3. Make the Playoffs, win 2 series, but lose in the ECFinals = very good.

4. Make the Playoffs, win 3 series, but lose in the Finals = great.

5. Win the Championship = World Champion. 

As of now, we are a very good team no matter what happens, and nobody can say otherwise. Solid for a team that hasn't played together for even a full year yet.

...and Rick Carlisle has shown he can coach, no matter the team. Maybe he can replicate the Dallas Mavericks success with us and get us that elusive NBA championship!!! :) 

• Thanks 1

Besides Shaq and Barkley, I forgot that Shannon Sharpe took the Pacers as well in this series. He is just rubbing it in towards Stephen A and Big Perk. He even said, come to Indy baby where they have a great team and great food, because NY is sitting at home now Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Besides the Pacers shooting yesterday, what really stood out to me was they didn't wilt in the big moment of playing in a Game 7 at NY - that shows Mental toughness. Haliburton was playing like it was a just another regular season game and just doing his thing. Also, the Pacers weren't getting bullied inside, Turner and Pascal did the bullying for a change. They are finesse players that usually just care about scoring mostly but yesterday they were banging down low and played really aggressive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

The Nuggets did lose. :Wooo:

Shocking IMO. 

2024 Final 4 is set:

Pacers vs Celtics (East)

Mavericks vs Timberwolves (West)

Of course, almost everyone is picking the Celtics already in the East haha . In the West it's a 50/50 mix, some are taking the Mavs, some are taking the Wolves.

% by ESPN compu box on winning the Championship:

Celtics 31%

Timberwolves 28%

Mavs 27%

Pacers 14%

-Hey, we got a 14% chance of winning the NBA Championship per ESPN,Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Big 3's from each team:

Celtics = Tatum, Brown, White

Wolves = Edwards, Towns, Gobert

Mavs = Doncic, Irving, Washington

Pacers = Haliburton, Siakam, Turner

I love being the underdog, it makes it more fun. I am surprise ESPN even gives us an 14% chance to win it all. That is better than I thought haha.

I haven't decided if I'll bet on the Pacers tomorrow. The payout would be high, but the Pacers are on the road with only 1 day rest. The Celtics have a couple days rest and home field advantage and are considered the better team. It depends on if I'm in the mood to risk it. 

I have a feeling that the Celtics will take game 1, though the series took take all 7 games. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

2024 Final 4 is set:

Pacers vs Celtics (East)

Mavericks vs Timberwolves (West)

I'm rooting for the Pacers.

I don't know about the West. Go Minny!

Does Mark Cuban still own the Mavs?

Rick Carlisle against the Mavs may be a good story. The last time I watched the NBA, I think Dirk was still with the Mavs and Carlisle was coaching them.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I'm rooting for the Pacers.

I don't know about the West. Go Minny!

Does Mark Cuban still own the Mavs?

Rick Carlisle against the Mavs may be a good story. The last time I watched the NBA, I think Dirk was still with the Mavs and Carlisle was coaching them.

Cubes still owns the Mavs. Dirk is a top 20 player of all-time IMO, he indeed won it all with Carlisle in 2011 :thmup:

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Let me ask you this, are you somewhat happy now or still think we have underachieved. 

Underachieved?   The Pacers have over achieved being the 6th seed.  Hopefully they can put the Celtics to the test.  I am happy but still not much of a fan of the NBA.  

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Myles said:

Underachieved?   The Pacers have over achieved being the 6th seed.  Hopefully they can put the Celtics to the test.  I am happy but still not much of a fan of the NBA.  

You are 100% correct Sir. We have overachieved, I figured winning that Game 7 at NY would please you a bit. How could it not, we laid out a masterpiece and set the NBA Playoff record for shooting %.

I don't have a good feeling about the game tonight, so won't be betting on the Pacers. They might pull an upset throughout the series, but I think that Pacers will come down to earth this evening. At least I hope that it's a close game. 

47 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I don't have a good feeling about the game tonight, so won't be betting on the Pacers. They might pull an upset throughout the series, but I think that Pacers will come down to earth this evening. At least I hope that it's a close game. 

So far everyone I have seen on ESPN and also CBS sports radio is picking Boston in either 5 or 6. I have heard around 10 different predictions. Not sure who the guys at TNT are picking? As of now, nobody is giving us a chance, so I guess we are playing with house money and all the pressure is on them. I like it that way. 

• Like 2

Been having an on going conversation with a bunch of people throughout the year and even prior about what the Pacers need.

I think the answer is clear, we need to keep as many core pieces together and keep building. We are in the conference finals and have just as good a chance as the other 3 teams have to finish the title run.

We will be getting Mathurin back, who I think is the 4th most important piece we have. Walker is going to be a stud, so I expect a big jump from him.

Pascal - gotta bring him back

Toppin - have to bring back or use in S+T for George?(Just throwing out a name)

McDermott - hopefully bring him back on the cheap contract (2yr $10m or something)

Jalen Smith - has player option(I'm good either way)

Then some 2way and back the roster guys who will likely be resigned.(Wong, Brown, Tshiebwe)

If we lose Toppin, who is a RFA, I think Walker can in all likelihood cover that role and probably more completely.

However like I said above, if we can draw another big name like George in, Toppin more than likely would have to be included for salary purposes in a S+T.

Anyway that's conversation for later.

On to:

Happy National Basketball Association GIF by NBA

• Like 1

Good video from a NYK/Colts fan(post game 7)

Agree with what is said here, Haliburton has to come out and stay aggressive, he knows it and admitted it twice, last series. So hopefully he stays that way. We can take this series easy, we can also lose it easy. So they have to show up, no disappearing from here on out.

4 hours ago, w87r said:

Good video from a NYK/Colts fan(post game 7)

Agree with what is said here, Haliburton has to come out and stay aggressive, he knows it and admitted it twice, last series. So hopefully he stays that way. We can take this series easy, we can also lose it easy. So they have to show up, no disappearing from here on out.

i disagree with the bolden part.   This will be a hard fought series with each team earning their victories,  

49 minutes ago, Myles said:

i disagree with the bolden part.   This will be a hard fought series with each team earning their victories,  

Was more meant to be that we can just as easily win this series as we can lose it. Can go either way.

Not that it will actually be easy to do it.

• Like 1

Tough loss, had it in the bag. Can't get the ball inbounds with 10 seconds left up 3, then let Brown hit a 3 to tie it. We beat ourselves in this one. Having said that, in regulation Boston shot 28 FTs, we shot 3! I am not going to play blame the REF card but that is really 1 sided.