Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

I think today is the day.

We either move JT by today or he stays. I know they gave Tuesday as deadline, but colts have important roster decisions to make over next couple days and this situation needs resolved.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, w87r said:

We either move JT by today or he stays. I know they gave Tuesday as deadline, but colts have important roster decisions to make over next couple days and this situation needs resolved.

U don't want 2 more days of no trade inactivity and no real news? Wind up back with Colts perhaps?

Edited by JColts72
Spelling
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/raiders-rb-josh-jacobs-agrees-to-terms-on-one-year-contract-worth-up-to-12-milli

It keeps worse and worse for JT. The marker has spoke. Jacobs is a legitimate top 3 back and look what he juat got paid!!!! I doubt Miami came close to what the Colts were asking. I have always said a 4th and tops a 3rd they offered.

Oh I doubt it as well. But this is a chess match. This is a message to JT that the colts value him higher than other teams and that if he’s just patient, it will be rewarded as such. 

39 minutes ago, w87r said:

Maybe. I’ve said all along, between 12-4p on Tuesday. I’m gonna stick with that for now. We shall find out soon enough 

Tell tell signs to watch for: 

A report confirming activation from PUP, he can’t be traded by the CBA rules while on PUP, IR or NFI. This is the first domino that has to happen and it could happen simultaneously as the trade happens, if it happens. 

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Every Off-season, it's been InDramapolis Colts

Oh The Drama GIF by MOODMAN

Not to this level

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Thr Colts have to know that they will never see a 1st rounder for Taylor. The market says they won't. However, and ai have tought this thru lol. If the Colts r asking for a number 1 then can't Taylor go back to the  Colts and say this. " U value me as a 1st rounder then why won't u pay me as one?" Just saying .

He Needs To Prove It ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Possibly but I bet they have a plan in place for RB if they trade him or not.  Time is on their side.  Teams with offers in think he is their missing piece.  Another team could come to the same conclusion before Tuesday.  Could should just hang in there and see if a team calls back and increases their offer.  Deadlines spur action.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Tell tell signs to watch for: 

A report confirming activation from PUP, he can’t be traded by the CBA rules while on PUP, IR or NFI. This is the first domino that has to happen and it could happen simultaneously as the trade happens, if it happens. 

Not to this level

Oh really?

Peytons neck

Keep or release Peyton

Andrew Lucks shoulder

Andrew Lucks sudden retirement

Carson Wentzs foot

Reichs firing/Saturdays hiring

JT debacle

Those are just a few of drama episodes in the past 12 years. I'm sure there was more.

20 hours ago, IndyEric07 said:

I really dont want the Colts to trade JT to Mia with a lowball offer. Look at how Mia fleeced the 49ers in the Trey Lance deal! They got 4 star players out of it! They dont deserve to get away with another steal. Dont do it Ballard!!!

What Miami did to 49ers wasn't fleecing. It requires that much to move up in draft from #11 to #3, especially when the trading team really wants to draft a QB... The cost has to be paid in order to get there. If Miami got 4 star players out of that, it just means they drafted well.

20 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Rumor is the Colts balked when Taylors agent said Taylor was looking for 10-12 million last week.

What's the source for this? I don't think it was ever reported like that from credible sources. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Possibly but I bet they have a plan in place for RB if they trade him or not.  Time is on their side.  Teams with offers in think he is their missing piece.  Another team could come to the same conclusion before Tuesday.  Could should just hang in there and see if a team calls back and increases their offer.  Deadlines spur action.

Well said

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Not to this level

I think you forgot how in recent February, Saturday was still running for HC job because the owner wanted to get him 2 interviews, and how fans were divided about potential Irsay meddling in the coaching search (though I do think he just gave fair chance to all)

Then, all the QB rumors before the draft, and finally JT stole the show...

That's just this season. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Don't get me wrong, I mean if someone comes in over next day and half with an offer we can't refuse we might make the move. If we plan on trading at all?

I just think they have so much on their plate, with evaluating our guys for cut downs, while looking at potential options around the league. To throw JT trade in to the mix will be overkill. They can make it work though. What they get paid the big bucks for.

A lot to transpire in the next 53 1/2 hours(think it's 4pm Tuesday)

Just now, w87r said:

Don't get me wrong, I mean if someone comes in over next day and half with an offer we can't refuse we might make the move. If we plan on trading at all?

I just think they have so much on their plate, with evaluating our guys for cut downs, while looking at potential options around the league. To throw JT trade in to the mix will be overkill. They can make it work though. What they get paid the big bucks for.

A lot to transpire in the next 53 1/2 hours(think it's 4pm Tuesday)

So much on the plate, but as you said they'd be ready for different scenarios and sort through situations as it happens.

But, they've to keep this JT trade option going until deadline in order to see if any team is lured. Always keep the options open and deal with it. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

If Miami got 4 star players out of that, it just means they drafted well.

I've saw that post about who Miami got with those picks but it doesn't tell the whole story.

3 of them were.

Waddle

Tyreke Hill

Bradley Chubb

And one other guy, can't remember name.

Anyway it looks good like that, but Miami had to give 4 extra picks for Hill, where they said they got him with the 1st from the trade.

2 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

So much on the plate, but as you said they'd be ready for different scenarios and sort through situations as it happens.

But, they've to keep this JT trade option going until deadline in order to see if any team is lured. Always keep the options open and deal with it. 

It will be open, I just don't see it happening after today.

• Like 1

Miami has even less money now.

They just signed a $13m AAV extension on a DT who was making $3.25m

https://nfltraderumors.co/dolphins-signing-dt-zach-sieler-to-three-year-39m-extension/

No way the first year is under that $3.25m number. I guess technically it could be by about $1m, if there is no additional SB and he takes minimum salary this year.

There future years just look bleaker and bleaker cap wise. Going to be making a lot of salary adjustments next year.

Not saying this hurts the chances of Taylor going there, but don't think it is really helping either 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

JT funko pop

Conan Obrien I Dont Know What That Is GIF by Team Coco

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Someone posted a picture of the JT funko pop on Reddit, and in the description of him, it lists him as a Broncos player. 

And that's cool, but what did that have to do with Holders tweet of the jersey? With the 3 teeth shivering emojis or what ever that thing is called? Lol. 

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think you forgot how in recent February, Saturday was still running for HC job because the owner wanted to get him 2 interviews, and how fans were divided about potential Irsay meddling in the coaching search (though I do think he just gave fair chance to all)

Then, all the QB rumors before the draft, and finally JT stole the show...

That's just this season. 

Which again, pales in comparison to this level 

1 minute ago, colts89 said:

I don't know much about Hunt or how the Browns fared last year, but his stat line at least was pretty bad at the very least (3.9 YPC). I far rather go the Jackson/Moss/Hull route then that.

Moss will be the number one back when he gets healthy but we do need insurance in case he isn’t ready.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, w87r said:

U don't want 2 more days if trade inactivity and no real news? Wind up back with Colts perhaps?

6 minutes ago, colts89 said:

I don't know much about Hunt or how the Browns fared last year, but his stat line at least was pretty bad at the very least (3.9 YPC). I far rather go the Jackson/Moss/Hull route then that.

Hunt was playing as second fiddle to Elite RB Chubb, in specific situations. It's not easy to build up personal stats when not given full workload during the games, and Hunt still has more than 4 YPC in 4 years in Cleveland in that role, the previous year running at 4.9 YPC ... stats alone don't tell the whole story 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

U don't want 2 more days if trade inactivity and no real news? Wind up back with Colts perhaps?

I'm fine with a couple more days, just don't see it happening after today.

Don't see it happening at all, but time will tell.

There will be plenty of news over next couple days. Hopefully couple waiver claims this morning.

• Like 2

taylor is a game changer!! it is simple to have a winning team, pay top pay to the game changers, and average pay or below to just average or below average players. gamechangers dont come along that often so ballard in order for the team to win pay the correct players, or you will always keep the colts just being average or below.