Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jonathan Taylor comments on his contract/Request trade (Merge)

GoColts8818

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

This is the last tweet Taylor has liked:

Do you read this as Shaad being critical of the unnamed exec who calls the Colts roster a mess? And then JT liking Shaad's criticism of that analysis?

Or do you read this as JT liking the analysis of the Colts?

Just now, Superman said:

Do you read this as Shaad being critical of the unnamed exec who calls the Colts roster a mess? And then JT liking Shaad's criticism of that analysis?

Or do you read this as JT liking the analysis of the Colts?

The former I think. 

It's possible JT is trying to get back into the fold... 

He's adamant he wont play until he's 100%.  I dont think thats quite what the team goes by though, if hes cleared by doctors then he either has to play or is officially holding out

This could get really ugly if they dont trade him and he doesnt play.  He wont be a free agent next year and will still be signed for the same amount he is set to make this year.

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

The former I think. 

It's possible JT is trying to get back into the fold... 

That's how I saw it, it seems like a softening from JT's side, time to let things thaw out a little bit. But I don't know if that's an effective way to do it. Coming back to the team is what really matters.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ed DODDS is doing a presser right now. Apparently Ballard liked to leave the hard stuff to others. Ballard could probably say something.

I'm listening to this right now. Stephen Holder asks the worst questions...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

That's how I saw it, it seems like a softening from JT's side, time to let things thaw out a little bit. But I don't know if that's an effective way to do it. Coming back to the team is what really matters.

Holder has been slipping with this whole JT stuff. He can and should be doing better.

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

I concur. Stephen Holder is one my least favorite Colts coverage guys....he is almost in the Greg Doyle range for me...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

He's adamant he wont play until he's 100%.  I dont think thats quite what the team goes by though, if hes cleared by doctors then he either has to play or is officially holding out

This could get really ugly if they dont trade him and he doesnt play.  He wont be a free agent next year and will still be signed for the same amount he is set to make this year.

I don't think that's how it works.   He can find a doctor to say he isn't ready

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Maybe if the colts were competant  and just spoke some truth there wouldn’t be the confusion.

Maybe they are trying to keep a lid on things while the Taylor situation plays out. No more damaging comments or tweets; just stay silent and let the fire quietly go out. That’s the best outcome right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Taylor needs to be practicing the two weeks after training camp or over or he won’t play week one.

His best option is to take back his trade request; get back on the playing field and give it 100%. If he does that, and he produces, he’ll be rewarded next season with a better deal…. Either from the Colts or the team to which he was traded. 

19 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Maybe if the colts were competant  and just spoke some truth there wouldn’t be the confusion.

You keep saying this, and people keep asking you what untruths are coming from the Colts, and you won't respond.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

50 minutes ago, Superman said:

That was a awful question he asked lol.

50 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Thats fine.  I don't want the narrative from him and his agent that the Colts forced him to play hurt.

In fact, if he is hurt, he shouldn't stand on the sidelines for 2+ hours.  He should just sit in a wheel chair and take all the weight off his ankle and have a trainer push him around.

Season 4 Hospital GIF by NBC

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What evidence do you have that they haven’t spoken the truth? 

Furthermore, how do you know it is not JT or his agent or both that are lying

or Perhaps both sides are lying.

here you go again, making up conclusions that vary from tweet to tweet.  If I have learned anything about Ballard and his front office over the last 5-6 years, it’s that while tight lipped, they generally are telling the truth people just don’t want to hear sad truth or cook up wild conspiracy theories

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

What evidence do you have that they haven’t spoken the truth? 

Furthermore, how do you know it is not JT or his agent or both that are lying

or Perhaps both sides are lying.

here you go again, making up conclusions that vary from tweet to tweet.  If I have learned anything about Ballard and his front office over the last 5-6 years, it’s that while tight lipped, they generally are telling the truth people just don’t want to hear sad truth or cook up wild conspiracy theories

Look no one is going to change my mind. The evidence adds up that he isn’t injured. If you want to believe he is that’s fine. I am not here to try and change anyone’s mind.

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Who are Matt Lombardo and JPA Football? Anyone credible? Serious questions.

JPA seems to be news aggregator. Matt Lombardo - no idea how credible he is. Has some twitter following but that's no guarantee of credibility. :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The evidence adds up that he isn’t injured.

No one really disagrees with that. The question is how you reach the conclusion that the Colts are lying. Especially in light of today's report that JT is telling the team he won't practice or play until he's 100%. Seems like everything about an injury is coming from JT.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Look no one is going to change my mind. The evidence adds up that he isn’t injured. If you want to believe he is that’s fine. I am not here to try and change anyone’s mind.

What evidence is there the Colts aren't being honest?

I think, if I'm the Colts, I would ATTEMPT to trade Taylor and Pitman to the cardinals for the Texans 1st overall pick in the 2024 draft and call it a day. 

I know this won't be a popular take, however it will kill two birds with one stone here. I'm not wanting this team to pay Taylor after all of this, and I certainly don't want them to pay Pittman as I think he is way overrated by a lot of fans here. 

My thinking is AZ keeps theirs and if their season goes really south as many projects, they can still be in position to grab a QB, if they can get out of the Murray contract to pair with Brown, Pittman, and Taylor. That's a solid future in their eyes. 

Colts are not really going to compete this year anyway and I believe the Texans pick will be top 3, so that coupled with our draft pick, which should be a top 5, should put us in position to grab Marv Jr and potentially Bowers as well. Which would be massive for this team. 

It seems madden-esque, however I'm sure it could get done. 

> here come the laughing/confused emojis I'm sure but I'm dead serious. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I think, if I'm the Colts, I would ATTEMPT to trade Taylor and Pitman to the cardinals for the Texans 1st overall pick in the 2024 draft and call it a day. 

I know this won't be a popular take, however it will kill two birds with one stone here. I'm not wanting this team to pay Taylor after all of this, and I certainly don't want them to pay Pittman as I think he is way overrated by a lot of fans here. 

My thinking is AZ keeps theirs and if their season goes really south as many projects, they can still be in position to grab a QB, if they can get out of the Murray contract to pair with Brown, Pittman, and Taylor. That's a solid future in their eyes. 

Colts are not really going to compete this year anyway and I believe the Texans pick will be top 3, so that coupled with our draft pick, which should be a top 5, should put us in position to grab Marv Jr and potentially Bowers as well. Which would be massive for this team. 

Why would they send a first for 2 players that need a new contract next year.   That's not happening 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why would they send a first for 2 players that need a new contract next year.   That's not happening 

I'm not saying they would. I said I would ATTEMPT to. Besides, none of us know what the cardinals will do. They might believe that with Taylor and Pittman they can fill seats and give them a shot. That organization is a mess too, adding a couple players to a depleted offense might juice up the fan base and the overall team as well. 

Just saying 

30 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

People aren’t trying to change your mind.  They are asking you back up your conclusions because they have come to different conclusions than you.

What has the Colts said, regarding JT, that hasn’t been the truth?

Edit- Disregard. I see a slew of other posters have asked the same question.

24 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

People aren’t trying to change your mind.  They are asking you back up your conclusions because they have come to different conclusions than you.

I am just talking about come out and address it.  I doubt he was at rehab last week. I do understand not wanting to make things worse too. I just don’t understand why they didn’t just say no comment and move on instead of saying he went to rehab his ankle. I just don’t believe he is hurt.

37 minutes ago, Indeee said:

In what world would Arizona do that deal????

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am just talking about come out and address it.  I doubt he was at rehab last week. I do understand not wanting to make things worse too. I just don’t understand why they didn’t just say no comment and move on instead of saying he went to rehab his ankle. I just don’t believe he is hurt.

The Colts are actually helping JT by staying silent on the issue. That’s being professional and respecting the player’s privacy. If Taylor and his agent want to release a bunch of stuff it’s their court to do it. 

If anyone is lying it’s Taylor and his camp. The Colts don’t really gain anything by adding gasoline to the fire.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Colts are actually helping JT by staying silent on the issue. That’s being professional and respecting the player’s privacy. If Taylor and his agent want to release a bunch of stuff it’s their court to do it. 

If anyone is lying it’s Taylor and his camp. The Colts don’t really gain anything by adding gasoline to the fire.

Ok then just say no comment. I don’t think people believe he was rehabbing his ankle. Seems to insult fans intelligence. 

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

In what world would Arizona do that deal????

I find it amusing that most people, where in disbelief of any suggestion, normally state something as you did in reference to the suggestion itself. It's a commonplace response until that outcome is proved otherwise.

The answer to your question is THIS WORLD, as anything is possible or as some might say, where there is a will there is a way or as some might state, everyone has a price. Should I go on?

At this point, the Colts might as well throw in a third as well just to sweeten the deal, as this team has nothing to lose at this point.

All in right? :thmup:

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ok then just say no comment. I don’t think people believe he was rehabbing his ankle. Seems to insult fans intelligence. 

Or, Taylor is telling the staff he’s still in pain. So they’re just going off of what they know. Which is Taylor isn’t cleared and failed his physical. 

It would be a publicity nightmare for the team’s official statement to be “Taylor is lying about his injury”. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not trying to change your mind, I’m asking you to change mine by showing evidence.

and for the record, I’ve already said I don’t believe the truth is being told about JTs injury, I just think the lies are coming from the JT camp and he’s gotten caught up in it. 

mainly because as we saw with the back injury reports, IF IF IF the colts were lying about his ankle and wrongly put on the PUP, he would have been blasting that all over twitter and probably filing a complaint with the union. 

The colts literally gain NOTHING by lying about his injury as it keeps him out of practice, it hurts his trade value AND it prevents them from NOT having to pay him if he is holding out. There’s literally zero to gain by lying about it. 

58 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

My guess is they had him go for a second opinion with a neutral doctor 

• Like 2