Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[JT O'Sullivan] Anthony Richardson Week (Merge)4 vs Rams Analysis

stitches

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because you could have TWO tackles both on their rookie contract.   That would give the Colts more flexibility going forward. 

If you want to trade a veteran player to acquire good draft picks, which veteran would you move?  Honestly, who?

You could move Smith who — as you noted — is playing very well.   But let’s not forget many posters here have been complaining about him for years.   It’s hard to trade him coming off a down year.   The time to do it is coming off a good year if you think you can replace him in the draft.  

Look, I’m just thinking out loud.  I’m not banging the table for this.   Odds are high it’s not happening.   But I thought it would be an interesting discussion point.   Most here agree with you.   Few agree with me.  

You don't move Raimann when he is playing near elite at LT.

I'm ok with the idea of trading Braden, for the right return, if you believe Freeman will be a good RT or you plan on drafting his replacement in the upcoming draft.

Drafting a top 5 LT, who is no guarantee, and moving a near elite LT to RT is super messy and likely to blow up in your face.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yep. This must have been posted in another thread but McVay praised Richardson a lot. He saw what I see in Richardson -- a guy with great poise and plays well under pressure.

McVay expressed his admiration for the Colts for their ability to battle back from a 23-0 third quarter deficit, which he said came in large part because of quarterback Anthony Richardson.

"To be able to say you're

down 23 nothing and then to be able to lead your team on 23 straight points, three scoring drives, two of which you needed two-point conversions to keep the game alive, you gotta give the guy credit," McVay said.

While McVay saw his athleticism on film, he said what really impressed him on Sunday was the way he was able to stay calm under pressure.

"I thought even just to watch him string together a lot of good plays and he was able to create some things off schedule," McVay said. "I thought the two seams that he completed in the pocket, he makes the go ball down the sidelines to [Alec] Pierce - you could just feel the athleticism, the composure, I thought he played with pretty good poise."

McVay has high praise for Richardson

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

You don't move Raimann when he is playing near elite at LT.

I'm ok with the idea of trading Braden, for the right return, if you believe Freeman will be a good RT or you plan on drafting his replacement in the upcoming draft.

Drafting a top 5 LT, who is no guarantee, and moving a near elite LT to RT is super messy and likely to blow up in your face.

I'm all for drafting  more oline. Center and rg or Lt depth,but rahman is fine. I'm more curious  how we would address wr.bears will probably  draft Marvin Harrison.  Also probably  need to take another lb and cb

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Yep. This must have been posted in another thread but McVay praised Richardson a lot. He saw what I see in Richardson -- a guy with great poise and plays well under pressure.

McVay has high praise for Richardson

Sean McVay thinks AR is good, he is a top 5 coach in the league and an offensive genius. I think I would trust his opinion over most people. 

On 10/3/2023 at 9:45 PM, chad72 said:

Really enjoyed it. Loved how Steichen used the same formation with the same pulling Q to get a QB run as well as a flat TD later to Ogletree. It is definitely obvious this team has the talent to compete, but like that double move Granson ran showed, like JT alluded to, if you have only so many playmakers, your options are limited.

Ballard would be really foolish to not give AR weapons next year. Like Chase for Burrow, Diggs for Allen, A J Brown for Hurts, that would take our push versus good teams to positive in the W-L column.

It's been interesting to hear JT talk not only about the Colts limited number of playmakers but also his critiques of Pittman. Not strong criticism but not praise either.

AR's game reminds me of young Big Ben.

Gotta grade him very high on pocket awareness, rolling out and making plays from pressure, and keeping his eyes downfield.

Steichen has him ready to play up tempo so the guy has to be very intelligent.

We are missing an ingredient or two for the long run, but after watching this great breakdown, knowledgeable fans should have a 😊 smile.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2023 at 2:46 PM, NewColtsFan said:

So you think Smith is good enough to keep, but NOT good enough to get a second round pick?    I think that argument doesn’t hold up very well.   

I just don't think you are gonna get a 2nd round pick for a RT that will be going into the 2nd to last year of his contract and I don't believe a second round pick equals his worth to the team. The biggest problem is that you would have to use a 1st or 2nd rounder to replace him and that pick can be used to fill other needs like a CB and or a WR.

• Like 1