Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens colts predictions

Stephen

I actually think this game will be relatively close. Ravens have a lot of injuries to good to great players, and using Minshew will probably benefit the team from a winning % opportunity. Even though I was happy to get Minshew, I'm not happy about seeing him play due to injury. It's almost the equivalent of Dalton playing for the Panthers over Young. 

In any case, if the weather is bad, it probably benefits the Ravens more as Lamar is a running QB and Minshew is a pocket passer. I see Minshew with a relatively high completion %, but it being somewhat of a low scoring game.

Ravens 24

Colts  20

• Like 1

2 hours ago, craigerb said:

...unless he wins.

Actually….

Even if he wins.  

It’s a moot point because AR can’t play.   

But if he can play then he needs to play.   This is the badly needed experience he didn’t get in college since he came out so early.  

The most important thing the Colts can do is to get Richardson ready for 2024.   So he needs to play as much as possible in 23. 

• Like 2

On 9/22/2023 at 7:42 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Again, you literally have not been following me the last 2-3 months.   

Every time there’s been a loss of a key player leading up to the start of the regular season, the community here would call for the Colts to sign a veteran free agent that was still available in June and July and August.   Each time the mod @w87r would write a post and he’d include the 3-5 top veteran free agents still available at that position.    I wasn’t asking for the Colts to sign a good vet, the fan base of this community was.   No matter the position, the Colts signed none of them.   None.  Of.  Them.   They would sign some fringe level potential practice squad player.   Typically someone the fan base had never heard of. 

A team serious about winning this year would’ve signed a veteran player to help.  The Colts never did.   They’re content to play the kids and let them learn on the job.  The Colts will take their chances this year playing the kids including AR and re-group for next year.   I strongly support this decision. 

Again, I wasn’t calling for the Colts to make these moves, the fan base was.   I was the one explaining why the Colts didn’t make these moves.   And you hated that as well.  

We don’t have to be friends to co-exist.   You don’t even have to like me.   But if I write something you don’t understand or agree with, just ask me to explain myself.  That’s all I’m asking.   If you’re straight with me, I’ll be straight with you.   

Fair enough?    Hope so. 

They are not  playing for next year or 2025 bro.

...this team is very talented. You will be eating a lot of crow this year...enjoy!

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

They are not  playing for next year or 2025 bro.

...this team is very talented. You will be eating a lot of crow this year...enjoy!

I doubt I’ll be eating any crow.   I’ve said this repeatedly, but apparently reading comprehension is not a strength….  

** I do NOT root against the Colts. 

** I am NOT happy when the Colts lose. 
** I am happy when the Colts win. 
** If the Colts exceed my expectations I will be happy,  not sad.   

Now I’ve written this post to you more than twice.   I don’t know why it hasn’t sunk in yet, but it hasn’t.   Steichen has done a very nice job with the team.  So has Bradley.  I’m pleased with the team.   I am never surprised when you take cheap shots at me.   It’s par for the course.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Some in here need to figure out which QB they want, though. haha

Pregame:

"Minshew gives us a bigger chance of winning!"

Game thread:

"We need AR and his cannon arm and his mobilty!" 

Who said that? Not me, I have always said, this is AR's team, but Minshew is a great backup. I even picked us to lose this week. 

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I doubt I’ll be eating any crow.   I’ve said this repeatedly, but apparently reading comprehension is not a strength….  

Now I’ve written this post to you more than twice.   I don’t know why it hasn’t sunk in yet, but it hasn’t.   Steichen has done a very nice job with the team.  So has Bradley.  I’m pleased with the team.   I am never surprised when you take cheap shots at me.   It’s par for the course.  

Keep playing both sides of the fence! You're good at it!

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who said that? Not me, I have always said, this is AR's team, but Minshew is a great backup. I even picked us to lose this week. 

Not calling people out, but here you go:

On 9/20/2023 at 10:30 PM, coltsblue1844 said:

Just depends on who is starting at QB...  If Minshew starts, I think we win... if AR starts, I think he makes some exciting plays, but we lose.

On 9/21/2023 at 5:16 PM, coltsblue1844 said:

They can sell out against the run with AR...but with Minshew, they have to cover the whole field, as he is the much better passer at this point in their careers!

On 9/22/2023 at 2:08 PM, throwing BBZ said:

Our best chance to win has been to start Minshew.

AR is starting because of the long term benefit.

This could not be more clear.

Clamoring huh! Gee, I expect Our people to speak professionally with niceties.

On 9/23/2023 at 7:09 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

I actually think this game will be relatively close. Ravens have a lot of injuries to good to great players, and using Minshew will probably benefit the team from a winning % opportunity. Even though I was happy to get Minshew, I'm not happy about seeing him play due to injury. It's almost the equivalent of Dalton playing for the Panthers over Young. 

In any case, if the weather is bad, it probably benefits the Ravens more as Lamar is a running QB and Minshew is a pocket passer. I see Minshew with a relatively high completion %, but it being somewhat of a low scoring game.

Ravens 24

Colts  20

Again, not calling anyone out. Just posting examples for 2k6cbe.

And you yourself said:

On 9/21/2023 at 5:24 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What if Mustache looks spectacular against the Ravens and we win, does that cause a QB controversy? Nobody has probably thought of that. I mean if Mustache beats the Ravens, how do you not start him vs the Rams?

You watched the game. We won. Did Minshew's play make you think he's the pick over AR?

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

And you yourself said:

You watched the game. We won. Did Minshew's play make you think he's the pick over AR?

No to my post but I was mainly throwing it out there. I would still start AR. Minshew played ok but has very little mobility. A lot went into this win as a team effort. Tucker missing that FG shocked me to begin with. I get your points but I would start AR.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No to my post but I was mainly throwing it out there. I would still start AR. Minshew played ok but has very little mobility. A lot went into this win as a team effort. Tucker missing that FG shocked me to begin with. I get your points but I will start AR.

I think Minshew has a better grasp of the offense at this point, but then the full playbook isn't even open to AR yet. Minshew doesn't have anywhere near the arm-talent AR does and AR brings mobilty to the game.

Add that AR needs the live reps and I really can't see why you play Minshew over him.

35 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I think Minshew has a better grasp of the offense at this point, but then the full playbook isn't even open to AR yet. Minshew doesn't have anywhere near the arm-talent AR does and AR brings mobilty to the game.

Add that AR needs the live reps and I really can't see why you play Minshew over him.

If both are healthy I play AR. Just glad to have a backup that is great. Lets celebrate a beautiful win for once instead of butting heads because we agree on this issue. It is AR's team but having a guy like Mustache as a wingman is great. 

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No to my post but I was mainly throwing it out there. I would still start AR. Minshew played ok but has very little mobility. A lot went into this win as a team effort. Tucker missing that FG shocked me to begin with. I get your points but I would start AR.

Minshew's pocket awareness was absolutely atrocious on several occasions.  Even this early in his career, I think we have a better chance to win with AR starting.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

We rarely agree, but I've never doubted your "fanhood", so to speak.  Unfortunately, there are some people on this board that think you aren't a true fan unless you are endlessly only pointing out the positives of the team. Pointing out any negatives or having tempered expectations for a season means that you are not a real fan according to them.  It's ridiculous.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kymd82222 said:

We rarely agree, but I've never doubted your "fanhood", so to speak.  Unfortunately, there are some people on this board that think you aren't a true fan unless you are endlessly only pointing out the positives of the team. Pointing out any negatives or having tempered expectations for a season means that you are not a real fan according to them.  It's ridiculous.  

In fairness we also have fans that feel if you aren’t super critical that means you are being a homer.  It goes both ways.  Personally I pull for the Colts and want to see them do well and will give them the benefit of the doubt at times but I am also not afraid to say if I don’t think something is perfect either and I don’t think there is anything wrong with that.

Not that you are, but I am not going to beat up anyone for picking the Colts to lose today.  The Ravens are maybe the best team the Colts will play all year and it was on the road and the Colts starting QB, RB, and C were all out.  I can see the logic in picking the Ravens to win even with all their injuries.  Frankly the Colts should have lost if it wasn’t for two huge mistakes by the Ravens that gave them a chance after the safety and then the rare short kick by Tucker at the end of regulation.  Still the Colts took advantage of the chance they were given and that’s all you can ask for.

6 hours ago, kymd82222 said:

@NewColtsFanis a true fan, I can vouch for him. He is a Luck fan but if he didn't care about the Colts, he could've left after Luck retired. He and I have even butted heads on some topics but I always forgive him in the end. We are both stubborn at times, when I think I am right I keep double down and so does he, but I wouldn't want it any different. That is what makes the forum the great, 

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2023 at 6:03 PM, Solid84 said:

And you yourself said:

My responses were in regards to my prediction for this game...and I was right, Minshew played and we won.

Doesn't mean I think Minshew is the long term answer, just that he's better prepared to win now than AR...but at the same time, playing is the only way AR will get better and we find out if he's the answer or not.

AR has the better arm and mobility no doubt...I was simply giving my prediction and reasoning for the game.