Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Traveling to Indy!

compuls1v3

Anything near corner of Georgia St and Meridian St is good.  District Tap, Killroys, or Brothers are good pregame restaurants and keep you within walking distance of Lucas Oil. Start filling up at 10 am on game days, so need to get there early, especially for game 1 with a new QB!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

What do you mean? I tried St. Elmo's and wasn't impressed.  I liked Tony's better!  I loved the bread pudding though at the sister restaurant to St. Elmo's.

I meant having to travel to Indy period. I grew up in some of the keys say nefarious scenes of Chicago and these days, i avoid Indy after 5pm now at all cost. Especially inside 465. Downtown has lost several long time restaurants in recent years, partially due to Covid related issues and partially due to riots and crime. 

that said, Harry and Izzy’s, the sister restaurant to St Elmos is our anniversary dinner tradition. Mainly for the shrimp cocktail, toasted ravioli and bread budding. 

The Spaghetti factory is another good one down town though it’s been admittedly years since I’ve gone. There’s a sports burger joint on the corner of the circle mall that’s really good but I’m drawing a blank as to the name. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

I meant having to travel to Indy period. I grew up in some of the keys say nefarious scenes of Chicago and these days, i avoid Indy after 5pm now at all cost. Especially inside 465. Downtown has lost several long time restaurants in recent years, partially due to Covid related issues and partially due to riots and crime. 

that said, Harry and Izzy’s, the sister restaurant to St Elmos is our anniversary dinner tradition. Mainly for the shrimp cocktail, toasted ravioli and bread budding. 

The Spaghetti factory is another good one down town though it’s been admittedly years since I’ve gone. There’s a sports burger joint on the corner of the circle mall that’s really good but I’m drawing a blank as to the name. 

Hopefully Comp has a better experience.  Downtown is safe, but for whatever reason, the mall is deserted.  Around the mall are a lot of good restaurants, and the corners within the city have been rejuvenated.  Mass Ave to the northeast, Fountain Square to the Southeast, IUPUI (college) to the northwest, and the southwest near Lucas Oil is starting to build out.  We’ve always felt safe there, but yes, like any city, there can be problems off the beaten path.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chatham Tap of mass Ave is great!  Get the wings with signature sauce.  Won’t regret it.  Pair it with whatever as a main course.  You won’t be disappointed.

Hyde park if want to keep burning cash at expensive steakhouses.  It’s a good one!   Get the smoked old fashioned if you enjoy a cocktail with your meal.  Can’t speak to Prime 47 but have heard good things.

India Garden has some good Indian food but I know they are closed Sundays.

Eagle on Mass Ave has good fried chicken and such.  

Sauce on the side has real good calzones.  It’s more elevated fastish casual.  But it’s good 

Could give more suggestions if shared what you like or probably more importantly what you don’t like.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

Anyone have any recommendations on restaurants besides St. ELMOS?  Thanks!!!

If you don't mind getting out of downtown, I'd recommend Aspen Creek far up on the northeast side at 146th and I-69.  And Rick's Boathouse Cafe out on the west side on the reservoir.  I also second @Nate! with his recommendation of Chatham Tap.  Whether on Mass Ave or up in Fishers at 116th St.  Indy also has an Old Spaghetti Factory at Meridian and Georgia.

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2023 at 8:48 PM, Nate! said:

Chatham Tap of mass Ave is great!  Get the wings with signature sauce.  Won’t regret it.  Pair it with whatever as a main course.  You won’t be disappointed.

Hyde park if want to keep burning cash at expensive steakhouses.  It’s a good one!   Get the smoked old fashioned if you enjoy a cocktail with your meal.  Can’t speak to Prime 47 but have heard good things.

India Garden has some good Indian food but I know they are closed Sundays.

Eagle on Mass Ave has good fried chicken and such.  

Sauce on the side has real good calzones.  It’s more elevated fastish casual.  But it’s good 

Could give more suggestions if shared what you like or probably more importantly what you don’t like.

We are up to trying new restaurants.  We like Indian food, so we'll probably try that out. Thanks!! 

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Those are some very good seats.

On 9/8/2023 at 12:12 AM, compuls1v3 said:

We are up to trying new restaurants.  We like Indian food, so we'll probably try that out. Thanks!! 

After your trip, report back on how you liked everything. I would like to visit Indy myself. I like to attend NFL games in different cities, but I have never been to Indy. I would rather stay in or near the city where I can see other people. (I am not afraid of large cities.)

I too love Indian food and would want to have some. Let us know how it was.

Have a wonderful trip. Enjoy it. 

• Like 2

On 9/6/2023 at 10:33 AM, compuls1v3 said:

Anyone have any recommendations on restaurants besides St. ELMOS?  Thanks!!!

I would recommend checking out mass ave. Several bars and restaurants and it's got a fun vibe.  If the day/evening is nice you can walk the length of it and be sure to check out the bottleworks district.  They've done an amazing job of converting an old Coca Cola bottling plant. Lots of food options in there

https://thelocaltourist.com/bottleworks-district/

I've eaten at Modita, it's very good

https://www.modita.com/Menu/

At the other end of mass ave, I recently went to this place, if you like cocktails it has an extremely cool vibe

https://exchangewhiskeybar.com/

It is next door to Bazbeaux, which is a very creative pizza restaurant

https://bazbeaux.com/

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, w87r said:

Wow, I had no idea this is what we got.   It was so long ago when we got tix.  I'm pumped!!!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

I'm in section 144 row 20.  Does anyone know if thats a good section?

3 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

Just had some fried chicken at The Eagle and it was amazing!  Found some cool shops at Mass Ave.  Pumped for tomorrow's game!! Go Colts!

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/97251/Lucas+Oil+Stadium/section-144/row-16/seat-11/

Here's also another view site. 

I'm heading out to yard house for my dinner tonight 

• Like 2