Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Day 4 Training camp 7/31

2 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

With all the drama.....  Seriously, I am excited for Deon Jackson, Zack Moss, and Evan Hull.... I really liked Jackson from his rookie year, but didn't know if he'd ever get a shot.... 

I like Jackson for short yardage, but I think Hull has potential and could be the hungriest to make a name for himself. The others have had chances. I want to see what Hull has.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Why are they letting him cause a distraction.

Are they hoping he will realize he is missing football so much he will want back out there.

My opinion is he will play reluctantly. Irsay pinned him in a corner where he has no choice but to play his way out of. If he holds out he will lose out on money and have to sign a smaller 1yr deal elsewhere to prove himself before he gets his contract. If he goes out and shows he is healthy he can be traded. The only risk for Taylor is if he does well the Colts might tag him then he is in a sit out situation again. He jumped the gun and forcing a contract. He should have waited a year. Colts might have signed him to a nice contract if he played well. If theybtagged him that would have been the right time to hold out. Now he is in RB purgatory. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Why are they letting him cause a distraction.

Are they hoping he will realize he is missing football so much he will want back out there.

Bc I'm sure they are talking behind the scenes. If Taylor was done all the way he wouldn't be there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Might be more desperate now with Moss hurt. It also depends on Taylor and if he will play or not.

What was the rumoured offer from the Jets to Cook? $10m/year? You think we'll just shell that out to cook because we're down a RB?

Edit: No it was reportedly from Cook saying he wasn't taking $5m and wanted something far, far closer to what he would've gotten with the Vikings, which was $10.4m.

That gives both teams enough space to potentially offer Cook a deal approaching his asking price. The running back reportedly is "not taking" $5 million and instead wants something "far, far closer" to the $10.4 base salary he was set to get from the Vikings prior to his release, per the Miami Herald's Barry Jackson.

Just now, Solid84 said:

What was the rumoured offer from the Jets to Cook? $10m/year? You think we'll just shell that out to cook because we're down a RB?

Down two rbs. The relationship with Taylor is all but ruined. Maybe the Colts do sign a one-year deal with Cook.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Down two rbs. The relationship with Taylor is all but ruined. Maybe the Colts do sign a one-year deal with Cook.

So you think we're paying $10m for Cook instead of finding a cheaper solution?

Edit: I don't think we'll sign Cook. I don't think Ballard's even thought of it. That said, if JT doesn't get real about his worth I'd rather pay Cook $10m/year than JT $13-16m/year. I still think we find a cheap option instead of signing a top RB.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts should bring back the Mack.

Mack has been a vocal supporter of JT getting paid, so that could be a little awkward. Money is money though so....

27 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Colts better make nice with Taylor or Evan Hull is starting week one.

I think it would probably be Deon Jackson starting with Hull getting reps as the main pass catching back.

With Moss most likely hitting IR or PUP, I could see Zavier Scott making the roster as RB3 if things with JT don't get smoothed out.