Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players report to camp 7/25 and Ballard presser

34 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I posted stuff in Taylor thread by accident if a mod can move them.  Leonard will not start on pup and passed his physical.

Goodness.  He passed the team’s physical, but he’s not “cleared for contact.”  He won’t play a snap in a real game this season.  JMO … laugh if you like.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Goodness.  He passed the team’s physical, but he’s not “cleared for contact.”  He won’t play a snap in a real game this season.  JMO

They are going to work him into full contact. If you look above you should see the entire quote. Remember he hasn’t played much football in a year and a half. Not bring on pup is very good news.

• Like 3

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They are going to work him into full contact. If you look above you should see the entire quote. Remember he hasn’t played much football in a year and a half. Not bring on pup is very good news.

Don’t disagree.  Just don’t think he’s going to play competitively - ever again.  We’ve seen this story before. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

They did. He said the Rogers thing didn’t change anything and there was a reason they drafted 3 CB.

Thats interesting (about drafting 3.)  Ballard seems to be ahead of the game again (like when he drafted Taylor).  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Don’t disagree.  Just don’t think he’s going to play competitively - ever again.  We’ve seen this story before. 

I have the same gut feeling that you do. That said, only time will reveal if we are both wrong or right. Just gonna let it ride

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is contract related with Taylor and it is kind of crappy. He isn’t on the franchise tag so this is just wrong.

It’s clearly a good out situation.

He's holding in. I had a feeling this morning that he might do this.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is contract related with Taylor and it is kind of crappy. He isn’t on the franchise tag so this is just wrong.

It’s clearly a good out situation.

I will support Taylor and all runningbacks on this matter.  Especially Taylor, he's done nothing but came in and put his head down and worked with no complaints ever.  I don't see it as just paying him as a runningback, but also as one of the leaders of this team.  I'm disappointed in all of the fans that have turned on him so easily and said nasty things about him.  Gives me that post Andrew Luck retirement vibe.  

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s just weird. I can understand if he was having to play on the franchise tag.  

The tag status doesn't matter. He's eligible for an extension, and is trying to leverage his way into getting one. Or at least make a point.

Or maybe he just didn't pass the physical yet. But I think it's a calculated move. I'm not super concerned about it, yet. If he's hiding from the media and we're not getting any info about it for several days, then it will start to bug me. But it's business, and this stuff happens.

3 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

all of the fans that have turned on him so easily and said nasty things about him

For example??

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

The tag status doesn't matter. He's eligible for an extension, and is trying to leverage his way into getting one. Or at least make a point.

Or maybe he just didn't pass the physical yet. But I think it's a calculated move. I'm not super concerned about it, yet. If he's hiding from the media and we're not getting any info about it for several days, then it will start to bug me. But it's business, and this stuff happens.

Ballard did say earlier they were still doing physicals and there might be a couple more players go on pup. So that could be a possibility. But he also could of exaggerated things saying things aren’t quite right yet. I get it. If he gets hurt it hurts his extension and value. So it is the best thing for him. 

I think Pittman gets done. Ballard talks about him like he is his favorite son. Unless he purposely wants to wait.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Are the colts disguising a hold out as PUP?

It’s the players. It was discussed  among running backs last week they could exaggerate injuries as a form of holding out.

4 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

I will support Taylor and all runningbacks on this matter.  Especially Taylor, he's done nothing but came in and put his head down and worked with no complaints ever.  I don't see it as just paying him as a runningback, but also as one of the leaders of this team.  I'm disappointed in all of the fans that have turned on him so easily and said nasty things about him.  Gives me that post Andrew Luck retirement vibe.  

You seem to be supporting my reply to you in another thread. The guy is a class act and represents the team well in addition to doing his job. He should be paid.

Fans have turned against him? Why?

• Like 3