Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts Forum Elite League

Welcome back!

We are quickly approaching the start of the season. I will start working on verifying what managers/teams will be returning to the league this year. We will continue on NFL.com. Start thinking about any proposed rule changes.

See ya'll soon!

• Like 2

We use a two tier system. The Joe’s league is where you start. Winners in Joe’s move up to the elite league. 

There are some variables like managers to returning, etc., that create more openings in both leagues. The Elite league is by far the most competitive league that I’ve ever been in. We have fun. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Results from 2022 are below. @Kangaroo has indicated that he will not return this year. That shouldn't impact this league much, but it will free up a spot in Joe's since he and @Statiik82 will be bumped down to Joe's league. 

The top two in Joe's will be promoted to this league. I believe @PuntersArePeopleToo is the commish over there. @PuntersArePeopleToo can you tell me who the top two were and I'll get invites sent out to them.

Final Results and overall record for 2022

1st Perceived Perception 8-6 @w87r

2nd Spoonfish 7-7 @spoonfish

3rd Letshavesomefun 10-4 @Korey

4th IndyD4U 9-5 @IndyD4U

5th TomDiggs 9-5 @TomDiggs

6th Lucky 8-5 @Lucky Colts Fan

7th Virtuoso80 6-8 @Virtuoso80

8th Screamin Eagles 5-9 @onebad150

9th The Forever Uncleans 7-7 @Juanjo

10th Colt Following 6-8 @Btown_Colt

11th Kangaroo 4-10 @Kangaroo

12th Paye Up 5-9 @Statiik82

• Like 6

Let's start thinking about draft days and times. I flexible. I'll throw out a few options below and I ask you guys to provide some feedback. @w87r @spoonfish @Korey @TomDiggs @Lucky Colts Fan @Virtuoso80 @onebad150 @Juanjo @Btown_Colt @Chrisaaron1023

I'm still waiting on the info for the last person from Joe's that is moving up. Looks like they are going to need a commish over there.

Saturday, Aug 19th 6PM EDT

Sunday, Aug 20th 2PM EDT

Friday, Aug 25th 7PM EDT

Saturday, Aug 26th 4PM EDT

Sunday, Aug 27th 6PM EDT

• Like 2

Ill do my best to roll w whatever works for the league.

Time-wise, anything in the range of 6pm-8pm ET is tough for me since that is dinner and putting to bed time for my 5 and 1 year old. 

So even a shift to 8pm ET or 9pm ET on any day will work for me. Considering our draft typically took around an hour or so I would hope that wouldn't put us on too late.

Otherwise i would have to vote for something midday like the 20th and 26th listed. 

But I recognize i am just one of many. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, w87r said:

Closest to regular season is always best option.

I will NEVER forget one year I got so excited and had my draft early, like week 3 of preseason. I had a draft party at my parents house, the Packers were playing on NFL network and we were having a good time. I started getting hyped because I had drafted Aaron Rodgers AND Jordy Nelson. I was like "say hello to double points fools!"

Then no lie, 10 mins later we ALL watched Jordy tear his ACL... I was the laughing stock of that season. I said never again will I hold a draft during the preseason haha

5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I will NEVER forget one year I got so excited and had my draft early, like week 3 of preseason. I had a draft party at my parents house, the Packers were playing on NFL network and we were having a good time. I started getting hyped because I had drafted Aaron Rodgers AND Jordy Nelson. I was like "say hello to double points fools!"

Then no lie, 10 mins later we ALL watched Jordy tear his ACL... I was the laughing stock of that season. I said never again will I hold a draft during the preseason haha

Happened to me a couple years back.

Live in person draft, I took Travis Etienne and a couple minutes later he goes down in the preseason game.

I still won the league, but was an uphill battle.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

Let's start thinking about draft days and times. I flexible. I'll throw out a few options below and I ask you guys to provide some feedback. @w87r @spoonfish @Korey @TomDiggs @Lucky Colts Fan @Virtuoso80 @onebad150 @Juanjo @Btown_Colt @Chrisaaron1023

I'm still waiting on the info for the last person from Joe's that is moving up. Looks like they are going to need a commish over there.

Saturday, Aug 19th 6PM EDT

Sunday, Aug 20th 2PM EDT

Friday, Aug 25th 7PM EDT

Saturday, Aug 26th 4PM EDT

Sunday, Aug 27th 6PM EDT

I'm good with any of these days. 

• Like 2

On 7/28/2023 at 4:38 PM, IndyD4U said:

draft order is below

1.Spoonfish

2.TomDiggs

3.Screamin Eagles

4.Perceived Perception

5.Letshavesomefun

6.IndyD4U

7. Josh

8.The Forever Uncleans

9. ChrisAaron

10.Colt Following

11.Virtuoso80

12.Lucky

Cool. I like being able to double-dip with back-to-back picks.

I don't know if it's late for this but I would suggest removing the limit of 6 adds/drops per week. It's not realistic and we're a group of serious people who, for years, haven't had any problems or bad behaviour regarding adds, drops and waivers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2023 at 10:35 AM, Juanjo said:

I don't know if it's late for this but I would suggest removing the limit of 6 adds/drops per week. It's not realistic and we're a group of serious people who, for years, haven't had any problems or bad behaviour regarding adds, drops and waivers.

Done

and I agree

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I think it's tough to have a rule in place that has no mention since 2021, it isn't listed on the fantasy app/web page.

That rule came into effect before I came to the the league. Never heard about it till now.

If that is a rule that is carried over year to year, it should be able to be seen somewhere that year. Either the thread, or the fantasy app(which isn't possible)

IDK? Just seems off to me... You have people rotating in and out of the league each year, to just announce that someone should be in the playoffs when 4 other teams have better records and one team is 2 games better, just isn't the way it should be done.

If that is a rule carried over it needs to be announced somewhere every year.

My take on the situation. Again I had to go back to a thread from before I was even in the league to find this rule. What if someone should of been known the playoffs last year but didn't know this rule was in play?

That playoff spot should go to the 8-6 team, if you want to go back to this 3yr old rule in the future it needs to be announced in the new thread of rules not listed any else. Not just thrown out there when the playoffs are about to begin.

@IndyD4U

@spoonfish

@TomDiggs

@Lucky Colts Fan

@Korey

@Virtuoso80

@onebad150

@Juanjo

@Btown_Colt

@Chrisaaron1023@Statiik82

Actually the rule from the 2021 rule reads:

Our previous year, the 6th playoff spot went to the person with the most points from spots 6-12 with a minimum of 5 wins. This accounted for cases where a high scoring team runs into bad luck with their opponents having good weeks more often thus having not much to show for in the W column. I think there has to be a better way of doing this. How about a minimum of 6 wins with a minimum of 100 points scored over everyone else in spots 6-12 to clinch the 6th playoff spot? This would make it really well earned. Y or N?

So the spot should go to @Virtuoso80

Or 8-6 @Lucky Colts Fan

If this rule is in place, he is less than 100 points behind @Juanjo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Actually the rule from the 2021 rule reads:

So the spot should go to @Virtuoso80

Or 8-6 @Lucky Colts Fan

If this rule is in place, he is less than 100 points behind @Juanjo

Ha, I remember that rule. I was the one who suggested it as ex-commish. Good unearthing!!! That logic made sense, IMO, that if you feel like you had a really really good team with really bad luck, then the least I can ask for after 13 weeks is your team has outscored everyone in the 6-12 spots by 100 points to really quantify the case along with a close to .500 record i.e. 6 wins, only for the 6th spot.

@Juanjo, you causing trouble again, my friend? :) 

Hope the league is going well, thanks to @IndyD4U, the commish.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Ha, I remember that rule. I was the one who suggested it as ex-commish. Good unearthing!!! That logic made sense, IMO, that if you feel like you had a really really good team with really bad luck, then the least I can ask for after 13 weeks is your team has outscored everyone in the 6-12 spots by 100 points to really quantify the case. 

@Juanjo, you causing trouble again, my friend? :) 

Hope the league is going well, thanks to @IndyD4U, the commish.

Yeah IDK?

I'm the #1 seed with a bye, I just woke up this morning to check the playoffs and saw the 10th seed was in there, so I had to figure out what was going on.

Current standings:

#6 Lucky 8-6 1290pts

#7 Virtuoso 7-7 1400pts

#8 Tom diggs 7-7 1329pts

#9 Korey 7-7 1325pts

#10 Juanjo 6-8 1460pts

No one is causing problems, well other than me trying to figure out what is going on.

Personally I think the rule should be thrown out for this season as it wasn't mentioned or posted anywhere and literally became an issue late last night, early this morning.

If it is implemented, the I think Virtuoso maybe should get jn because he has 100 more points than lucky. But Juanjo doesn't have 100 more points than everyone in the 6-12 range.

If not Virtuoso, then Lucky, because no one has 100 more points over everyone in #6-12 range.

Glad you chimed in, since it was your rule suggestion in the first place.

Edit: I actually like the rule, just not how and when it came to light that it existed.

And was presented as if you have 5 wins and more points than everyone in the #6-12 range, it's your spot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Yeah IDK?

I'm the #1 seed with a bye, I just woke up this morning to check the playoffs and saw the 10th seed was in there, so I had to figure out what was going on.

Current standings:

#6 Lucky 8-6 1290pts

#7 Virtuoso 7-7 1400pts

#8 Tom diggs 7-7 1329pts

#9 Korey 7-7 1325pts

#10 Juanjo 6-8 1460pts

No one is causing problems, well other than me trying to figure out what is going on.

Personally I think the rule should be thrown out for this season as it wasn't mentioned or posted anywhere and literally became an issue late last night, early this morning.

If it is implemented, the I think Virtuoso maybe should get jn because he has 100 more points than lucky. But Juanjo doesn't have 100 more points than everyone in the 6-12 range.

If not Virtuoso, then Lucky, because no one has 100 more points over everyone in #6-12 range.

Glad you chimed in, since it was your rule suggestion in the first place.

Over everyone is important because that is the only way you can make a singular case over everyone else. So Lucky should be the de facto #6 seed. I do agree that rules have to be made clear early on but whichever way you slice it, no one is head and shoulders above the rest in the 6-12 range for the #6 seeding in terms of points, it looks like.

But then I am not commish anymore, my opinion is just that, an opinion. Take it for what it is worth. :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Over everyone is important because that is the only way you can make a singular case over everyone else. So Lucky should be the de facto #6 seed. I do agree that rules have to be made clear early on but whichever way you slice it, no one is head and shoulders above the rest in the 6-12 range for the #6 seeding in terms of points, it looks like.

But then I am not commish anymore, my opinion is just that, an opinion. Take it for what it is worth. :) 

I did edit my post to add this:

8 minutes ago, w87r said:

Edit: I actually like the rule, just not how and when it came to light that it existed.

And was presented as if you have 5 wins and more points than everyone in the #6-12 range(nothing about 100pts minimum), then it's your spot.

@w87r

The odds of not getting closer than 1 game below .500 (6 wins in 13 games??) with such a high scoring team despite your luck are really low. That is why I felt 6 wins was appropriate for a high scoring team minimum.

Over 13 games, an average of just over a TD per game amounts to 100 points, which should be a good baseline for a quality team. That is why I chose 100 points for my line of thinking.

• Like 1

Just now, chad72 said:

@w87r

The odds of not getting closer than 1 game below .500 (6 wins in 13 games??) with such a high scoring team despite your luck are really low. That is why I felt 6 wins was appropriate for a high scoring team minimum.

Over 13 games, an average of just over a TD per game amounts to 100 points, which should be a good baseline for a quality team. That is why I chose 100 points for my line of thinking.

It's 14 games at that. So 5-9 would get you there? Ludicrous.

Even 6-8 is a stretch.

But I do like the rule, it keeps teams involved, as long as they know there is an actual rule.

• Like 1

Just now, w87r said:

It's 14 games at that. So 5-9 would get you there? Ludicrous.

Even 6-8 is a stretch.

But I do like the rule, it keeps teams involved, as long as they know there is an actual rule.

Yes, keeping teams involved is always a challenge for any commish. Even experienced ballers need some motivation :) 

• Like 1

Just now, chad72 said:

Yes, keeping teams involved is always a challenge for any commish. Even experienced ballers need some motivation :) 

In my friends and family league (14 teams, double flex)

I put a cash price for the consolidation bracket winner.

Really keeps them involved better. Always have a shot to get 1/2 entry fee back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

In my friends and family league (14 teams, double flex)

I put a cash price for the consolidation bracket winner.

Really keeps them involved better. Always have a shot to get 1/2 entry fee back.

So, you are the #1 seed, huh? You won it last year, right? What seed were you then?

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

So, you are the #1 seed, huh? You won it last year, right? What seed were you then?

You know, I tried to look back and see the standings, if this "non mentioned rule" had anything to do with last year's standings. Couldn't see it.

Funny thing is I think I was the 6th seed, tbh, I don't remember I was 8-6.

Some team might of deserved to be in over me last year with this rule? I don't think so as I feel like I was pretty high scoring, just had some bad luck losses. IDK though.

And yeah I won it last year, although it was the crazy ending where Bill/Bengals game was cancelled. It would of been close if game was finished. Both had a player going.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

You know, I tried to look back and see the standings, if this "non mentioned rule" had anything to do with last year's standings. Couldn't see it.

Some team might of deserved to be in over me last year with this rule? I don't think so as I feel like I was pretty high scoring, just had some bad luck losses. IDK though.

And yeah I won it last year, although it was the crazy ending where Bill/Bengals game was cancelled. It would of been close if game was finished. Both had a player going.

The only reason I am asking is this.  Did you know the curse of the #1 seed in the Elite Forum league? Only 2 or 3 times have they made it to the Finals but lost every time, never won it all. So, you are going to need some good luck since I have been in your shoes a couple of times over a decade of playing there. 😉

1 hour ago, w87r said:

There wasn't a higher scoring team last year in the consolation bracket that took the 6th seed spot. That's why there is no mentioning of it. The rule stands as is for this year. Something that I need to do better is communicate before the season starts and go over the league rules and open it for suggestions. Chad did great communicating with the league before and during the season.

I personally do like the rule. We'll open it up for discussions after the season and if we decide to change it then we will. With the Joe's league folding, we'll have some things to sort out for this league since we'll no longer have a demontion/promotion from one league to another. We also have a manager that hasn't participated and just let their team ride. I'm not interested in bring that person back going forward. My goal would be to get this league back to full participation.

Apologies again for not brings rules front and center, especially for the new managers here. I understand the confusion and frustration.

• Like 1