Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bold Predictions for the Colts in 2023

Archer

My bold predictions:

1.) Jelani Woods scores double digit TDs

2.) Darius Rush is our best CB this year

3.) Darius Leonard retires before the season begins

4.) The Colts have a top 5 pass rush defense.

5.) Bernard Raimann is our best O-Lineman

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My bold predictions:

1.) Jelani Woods scores double digit TDs

2.) Darius Rush is our best CB this year

3.) Darius Leonard retires before the season begins

4.) The Colts have a top 5 pass rush defense.

5.) Bernard Raimann is our best O-Lineman

Let Homer tell you something BROTHER, I don't care for your #3 prediction, listen Ricky the Dragon, Homer is coming for your belt angry homer simpson GIF (sarcasm), if #3 happens this forum will implode.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Let Homer tell you something BROTHER, I don't care for your #3 prediction, listen Ricky the Dragon, Homer is coming for your belt angry homer simpson GIF (sarcasm), if #3 happens this forum will implode.

Oh yeah, I'm just thinking outside the box lol. It would be our luck though. Love Homer as the Hulk lol! haha 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Oh yeah, I'm just thinking outside the box lol. It would be our luck though. Love Homer as the Hulk lol! haha 

I can't wait until Training Camp starts, we have to wait until late July. From there on, football will be in full force. AR in Pre-season games should be interesting as well.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't wait until Training Camp starts, we have to wait until late July. From there on, football will be in full force. AR in Pre-season games should be interesting as well.

Agreed. I'm just worried about injuries. I want to see how Richardson does in actual competition. His accuracy scares me, but he's 21 years old. I'd like to also see his rushing ability Vs NFL quality players.

• Like 1

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Agreed. I'm just worried about injuries. I want to see how Richardson does in actual competition. His accuracy scares me, but he's 21 years old. I'd like to also see his rushing ability Vs NFL quality players.

It's going to be real interesting. The 1st time he breaks off a 50 yard run this place will be jumping for joy. Then the 1st time he throws a bad INT, it will be this belly flop GIF

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's going to be real interesting. The 1st time he breaks off a 50 yard run this place will be jumping for joy. Then the 1st time he throws a bad INT, it will be this belly flop GIF

Folks on this board will say "Why didn't we take Levis when we had the chance ???"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

Folks on this board will say "Why didn't we take Levis when we had the chance ???"

There will be a few which is comical because Levis to me just isn't that good. He could prove me wrong but I doubt it. Had Hendon Hooker not got injured, Levis would have been the 5th best QB coming out IMO. My uncle in KY is a huge Titans fan (has been since 1999) and he was ecstatic that Hooker was still there when the Titans were ready to pick in Round #2. That is who he wanted, when the Titans took Levis he was outraged lmao

I call him at least once a week and ask him how the Law Offices of Tannehill and Levis is going the simpsons homer GIF- he can't stand Tannehill either, he thinks Tannehill sucks lmao 

• Like 2

I will say this, I will never forget when Tennessee had their great run to the SB. They beat us on the road, they then beat Buffalo - the Music City Miracle in Tennessee, then went into Jacks and whip them for the AFC. I was rooting for them after they beat us, that was before they were in our division. I liked Steve McNair and my uncle was in love with that team. I felt bad for him when they came up a yard short against the Rams so I don't give him crap about that. McNair was a great QB though, since McNair they have had some doozie's lmao . At least with us, we had Rivers for 1 good year (2020) after Peyton and Luck. Main reason why the Titans won the division in 2020 was because of Henry and everyone knows it. 

Richardson will play in sub packs for the first six games.  He won’t start until the divisional games of September and October are over so that the pressure won’t all be on the rookie.  That puts his starting debut at home against Cleveland.  He need some starts before they go to Germany.  11 starts for 2023 wouldn’t be shortchanging him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHawky said:

Richardson will play in sub packs for the first six games.  He won’t start until the divisional games of September and October are over so that the pressure won’t all be on the rookie.  That puts his starting debut at home against Cleveland.  He need some starts before they go to Germany.  11 starts for 2023 wouldn’t be shortchanging him.

Pretty good post but I would start AR from day 1 being the #4 pick overall. I just think getting a rookie year under your belt even if rough is a great learning experience. It worked for Peyton and Troy Aikman who were bad in their rookie seasons. They both are Hall of Fame QB's and both said starting as a rookie getting beat every week helped them learn in the long run.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2023 at 9:00 AM, Smonroe said:

Ha!  Probable, not bold. 

Another probable - someone will complain when we lose a preseason game.  Look for this:  "Same old Colts, no imagination on offense and no pass rush on defense".

That's okay, it takes all kinds.

Let's go BOLDER:

Someone in this forum calls for Ballard to be fired after the Colts WIN week 1!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

My bold predictions:

1.) Well have 2 players with 1000 yds rushing, JT/AR

2.) One LB and one DB will be top 3 in tackles

3.) Darius Leonard will suffer some type of injury issue and he'll miss a lot of time

4.) The Colts have Leonard's replacement in Speed and he'll shine

5.) The OL play will continue to slide and we'll be in the running to pick the USC QB next draft and we'll take him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

My bold predictions:

3.) Darius Leonard will suffer some type of injury issue and he'll miss a lot of time

5.) The OL play will continue to slide and we'll be in the running to pick the USC QB next draft and we'll take him.

Then would we convert our 1000 yd rusher to a hybrid QB/RB position and run the Wing T?

7 hours ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

My bold predictions:

The same QB that lost to Utah twice and the QB we have now beat Utah to your #5. To your #3, just say Leonard should retire and is done, wouldn't that be much easier chuckling homer simpson GIF

On 6/22/2023 at 4:14 AM, Myles said:

I totally disagree.   This would be the best case scenario.  If Minshew starts every game it would mean the Colts are winning games.  Playoff bound.   That would be great.

Here’s the problem with your view….

If Minshew is good enough to hold off from playing Richardson except in mop-up duty, then the Colts will have completely wasted AR’s rookie year.   From my perspective, that’s a complete failure for the franchise. 

The number one goal for the Colts is to get AR ready to start week one of 2024 and play at a reasonably high level.   He can’t get there playing only garbage snaps.  Whether it’s by starting or playing selected series, AR has to be prepared for every possible scenario….   Starting a game, finishing a game, 2:00 offense, 4:00 offense, red zone….   And on and on.   AR won’t get that in your scenario of playing only garbage minutes.   He has to learn. 

The Colts focus in 2033 can’t be on getting the best record possible. .   Not if it comes at the expense of developing Anthony Richardson.   He has to play and grow.   He can’t do that mopping up at the end of games that are decided.   The focus of 2023 is getting the franchise ready for 2024 and beyond. 

Hopefully this is good for thought…. 

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here’s the problem with your view….

If Minshew is good enough to hold off from playing Richardson except in mop-up duty, then the Colts will have completely wasted AR’s rookie year.   From my perspective, that’s a complete failure for the franchise. 

The number one goal for the Colts is to get AR ready to start week one of 2024 and play at a reasonably high level.   He can’t get there playing only garbage snaps.  Whether it’s by starting or playing selected series, AR has to be prepared for every possible scenario….   Starting a game, finishing a game, 2:00 offense, 4:00 offense, red zone….   And on and on.   AR won’t get that in your scenario of playing only garbage minutes.   He has to learn. 

The Colts focus in 2033 can’t be on getting the best record possible. .   Not if it comes at the expense of developing Anthony Richardson.   He has to play and grow.   He can’t do that mopping up at the end of games that are decided.   The focus of 2023 is getting the franchise ready for 2024 and beyond. 

I do understand where you are coming from, but if Minshew is playing well and they are playoff bound, I would leave Minshew in there.   I think AR get in there as soon as the team doesn't look good, whether the record is 2-4, 4-6 or 6-8.   But if they are 4-2, 6-4 or 8-6 and Minshew is playing well, they need to play for winning this season.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 6:06 PM, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts focus in 2033 can’t be on getting the best record possible.

My thought is...The Colts focus in 2023 should be on getting the best record possible. I haven't thought about 2033 yet.

3 minutes ago, craigerb said:

My thought is...The Colts focus in 2023 should be on getting the best record possible. I haven't thought about 2033 yet.

How about 24?   25?    26?

If AR only gets mop-up snaps at the end of games then his learning stops this year.   He’d learn nothing.   He’d start learning in 24.   

2024 has to be the year where Anthony  Richardson takes over the team full time.   There is nothing more important in 2023 than teaching AR how to be an NFL quarterback.   Worthless snaps isn’t the way.    One season is absolutely nothing when it could mean a great career of 10, 12, or even 15 years.  

What’s the point of burning a year off a quarterbacks rookie contract by having him do almost nothing?   Has anything Irsay, Steichen or Ballard said lead you to believe AR won’t play plenty of very meaningful snaps this year?   No, not a single word.   So I don’t understand this viewpoint of making Richardson a scrub backup this year?   Sorry.  

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

How about 24?   25?    26?

If AR only gets mop-up snaps at the end of games then his learning stops this year.   He’d learn nothing.   He’d start learning in 24.   

2024 has to be the year where Anthony  Richardson takes over the team full time.   There is nothing more important in 2023 than teaching AR how to be an NFL quarterback.   Worthless snaps isn’t the way.    One season is absolutely nothing when it could mean a great career of 10, 12, or even 15 years.  

What’s the point of burning a year off a quarterbacks rookie contract by having him do almost nothing?   Has anything Irsay, Steichen or Ballard said lead you to believe AR won’t play plenty of very meaningful snaps this year?   No, not a single word.   So I don’t understand this viewpoint of making Richardson a scrub backup this year?   Sorry.  

Not a scrub, but learning from the bench as many great QB's have done.  I also do not think Irsay, Steichen or Ballard are willing to throw the season away if the team is winning.  AR may be the starter day 1 and that would be fine.  It means he won the job in training camp, not that he is the second best on the team but Irsay wants to lose in order to give him playing time. 

I predict the naysayers like NCF are severely disappointed with the 2023 season because the Colts will actually be a decent team.

It appears the players and Mgt feel the same ,otherwise, there would have been some salary dumping moves like Kelly, Mo and others. 

28 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I predict the naysayers like NCF are severely disappointed with the 2023 season because the Colts will actually be a decent team.

It appears the players and Mgt feel the same ,otherwise, there would have been some salary dumping moves like Kelly, Mo and others. 

I am always more optimistic than most. If I think we would be truly bad I would put my Colts bias aside and take the blue glasses off as some love to say. I actually think we can win 8 or 9 games this season but I am depending on Taylor having a season like he had in 2021 which he can and Leonard being 100% healthy. I also am depending on AR being average at worse and Shane being a good coach.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 8:54 AM, cdgacoltsfan said:

Since I found this website in May of 2012, I have said every year that I’d always rather be wrong if it means the Colts do better.   And I’ve made that post at least once each year if not more.   

I never cheer or root for the Colts to do poorly.    Never.   Ever.    

So when you call me a naysayer and say I’ll be disappointed when the Colts do well this year you demonstrate that mysteriously you’ve never read my many posts stating I’d always rather be wrong and the Colts do good, than be right and the Colts do poorly. 

Ive predicted a 7-10 season, but that apparently makes me a Gloomy Gus in your eyes.   If the Colts find a way to be better than that,  I’ll be very happy, even if that’s hard for you to believe.  

On 6/29/2023 at 11:54 AM, cdgacoltsfan said:

Glad to see you're no longer a naysayer.  We should now see only positive posts from you.

:sarcasm:

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rucxjo said:

Speaking of AR, why haven't we seen anything about him signing his contract? He is not yet listed in the official roster, and in fact he, Downs and Freeland are at the bottom of the page listed as UDA. 

Because he hasn't signed a contract yet

4 hours ago, rucxjo said:

Speaking of AR, why haven't we seen anything about him signing his contract? He is not yet listed in the official roster, and in fact he, Downs and Freeland are at the bottom of the page listed as UDA. 

Because he hasn’t signed his contract yet.  You can’t say something about something he hasn’t done.

40 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Yay ..I'm being trolled by a moderator!

Not trolling. I'm making a point. It is not necessary to name anyone in your posts, as you had done.  If you do and I see it, I will point it out.

Please refrain from naming other members in posts, as it is baiting.

We've only won one playoff game in like the past 6 years or something crazy.

And it was against the Texans... 

Just had that thought pop into my mind, and wanted to come on the board and vent about it. Ready for us to do something exciting. Hopefully, Richardson and Minshew provide a spark this year. 

I’m really feeling the Minshew is going to be the starter at the beginning of the season.  He’ll start at least the first four games, and then Steichen will make the change to AR based upon what he’s seeing in the QB room and the practice field.  And I’m sure Minshew’s performance and the team’s record will figure in the decision also.  AR learning on the bench, Minshew being this year’s Geno Smith, and the Colts winning the division would be an ideal season…

On 7/1/2023 at 4:25 PM, AKB said:

We've only won one playoff game in like the past 6 years or something crazy.

And it was against the Texans... 

Just had that thought pop into my mind, and wanted to come on the board and vent about it. Ready for us to do something exciting. Hopefully, Richardson and Minshew provide a spark this year. 

we wont beat the texans this season, they drafted the best qb and pass rusher in the draft. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2023 at 8:12 AM, NFLfan said:

Not trolling. I'm making a point. It is not necessary to name anyone in your posts, as you had done.  If you do and I see it, I will point it out.

Please refrain from naming other members in posts, as it is baiting.

Hmmm....I was told not to name other members in posts.." it's baiting" However, I see many posters naming other members in posts. ( Shane Steichen thread for example) Do other posters other than myself have a different set of rules? Just curious.

4 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Hmmm....I was told not to name other members in posts.." it's baiting" However, I see many posters naming other members in posts. ( Shane Steichen thread for example) Do other posters other than myself have a different set of rules? Just curious.

Nope, rules apply to everyone.  It is not personal.