Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thursday Night Football Flex Rule

sb41champs

The NFL owners approved a measure that would allow the Thursday Night Football game to be "flexed" with sufficient notice to all teams involved.

Do you think that this measure might lead our Colts to one or more prime time appearances?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sb41champs said:

The NFL owners approved a measure that would allow the Thursday Night Football game to be "flexed" with sufficient notice to all teams involved.

Do you think that this measure might lead our Colts to one or more prime time appearances?

To the obvious, if they're going to flex a game two weeks prior, the team should've something exciting going on. 

Only can happen if the whole league start to take notice of how well Colts are doing... Whether it's Richardson or JT or Steichen's offense taking everyone by storm or defense playing like #1 unit in the league. 

Can it all come together in their rookie year for HC and QB? Vikings HC did have a tremendous rookie season, so anything's possible.

If so, we will probably be sitting in good position in our division.

That will mean we have won some games if we get flexed in, and with the majority of division games early. We will probably have done pretty well in those games.

I’m not sure why fans get so wrapped around the axle about prime time games, it’s just another game. And most of the time, players hate Thursday night games. Other than lining some pocket books, there’s really no difference. You don’t get extra points for prime time games

• Like 1

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

I’m not sure why fans get so wrapped around the axle about prime time games, it’s just another game. And most of the time, players hate Thursday night games. Other than lining some pocket books, there’s really no difference. You don’t get extra points for prime time games

I hate prime time games.   Give me Sunday at 1 every week

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I wish we could go back to Sunday at noon games. Been a while.

Those were the days.

But yeah I agree, I hate prime time games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2023 at 5:58 PM, jvan1973 said:

I much prefer the 4:30 time slot.  Lets me have use of the day and get work done around the house or do something with the family. I get the appeal of 1pm though bc it allows a lazy Sunday afternoon and is really nice when going to the games.  

11 hours ago, rockywoj said:

HATE the Thursday flex. Now I cannot ever pre-arrange late season football excursions.  HORRIBLE change that’s so inconsiderate of traveling fans!

Inconsiderate for everyone except the owners.