Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cool Colts logo redesign

CR91

Can't lie though I hate that newer one where the state of Indiana is inserted into the letter C.

I really don't understand why we don't mess with the old jumping horse logo more. It's not a bad one imo.

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

If they were to associate the flag, why not do this… Take like the Indy Eleven Logo…indy eleven soccer GIF by USL

And have that broad on top of the Monument circle statue holding the torch and sword riding on the old school Colts Horse logo that’s swinging the helmet. lm too old to know how to photoshop a logo like that, but can picture it in my mind!:lecture:

19 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

I hate it.  And I fear it's going to end up on the helmets.

It was a design some random person online made. It's not going on anything.

That said, I like it much more than the C logo that's an actual official Colts logo.

On 5/21/2023 at 12:00 PM, chickenMan said:

In my opinion, with the exception of a handful of teams (Bengals, Titans, Cardinals, and Rams) all of the NFL’s current logos are very well done or too iconic to change. The Bengals and Rams have old logos that are way better, and the Cards just need a redesign. The Titans brand as a whole is garbage and doesn’t represent Tennessee in any way, so that needs to be completely overhauled.

Our logos and uniforms in my opinion are perfect

Add Browns to the list, the helmet one. 

On 5/20/2023 at 7:51 PM, King Colt said:

"Improved upon" defined is one fool's opinion on something that has stood steady for many decades and is loved by millions needs modification or "change" to better suit his or her opinion. Ford branched out to make Edsels.

Your reply only makes partial sense.   And to clarify, my original response to you was directed at the phrase "if it ain't broke don't fix it"...I was not referencing your opinion of the proposed logo.  I hate that phrase because it's just lazy.  

image.png.384a47723f2e254ec13508640ac15cdf.png

^this car wasn't "broken" but technology kept evolving in ways that allowed manufacturers to make newer and better vehicles.  subscribing to the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' mantra is just setting yourself up to lose to someone who will do what you do, only better.

4 minutes ago, J@son said:

Your reply only makes partial sense.   And to clarify, my original response to you was directed at the phrase "if it ain't broke don't fix it"...I was not referencing your opinion of the proposed logo.  I hate that phrase because it's just lazy.  

^this car wasn't "broken" but technology kept evolving in ways that allowed manufacturers to make newer and better vehicles.  subscribing to the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' mantra is just setting yourself up to lose to someone who will do what you do, only better.

For me this comparison is like comparing apples to oranges.  Holds no water as they say.  It’s not even a horse of a different color.

4 hours ago, J@son said:

Poor example. That Ford was built to provide transportation and still does. 

6 hours ago, J@son said:

colts logo isn't a car, or something that people sit on and use.

it's a symbol, that has meaning far beyond the worth of any car. 

Ford changed their cars thousands of times, but how often did they change their logo?

2 hours ago, J@son said:

You see a lot of Model T's on the roads where you live?

All vehicles provide transportation as did the first cars built. The end result is exactly the same. The horse & buggy does the same as hypersonic planes. You get transported from Point A to Point B.

33 minutes ago, AKB said:

colts logo isn't a car, or something that people sit on and use.

it's a symbol, that has meaning far beyond the worth of any car. 

Ford changed their cars thousands of times, but how often did they change their logo?

Never said any of that.  I clarified that my original comment and the model t example were to refute the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it".   Had nothing to do with the Colt logo

11 minutes ago, King Colt said:

All vehicles provide transportation as did the first cars built. The end result is exactly the same. The horse & buggy does the same as hypersonic planes. You get transported from Point A to Point B.

Of course they did, that was pretty much my point that you so clearly missed.  The model t provided transportation as it was designed to do.   Yet engineers and manufacturers still do everything in their power to make the next line of vehicles better, safer, faster etc.  They didn't get complacent with a solution that wasn't broken, but they still continually look for new advancements to make transportation better.

If they had stayed with the original design, which worked as expected and accomplished its purpose as you said, we'd still be driving them. But they didn't. And now we have much better, safer vehicles that are far more reliable.

Just now, J@son said:

Of course they did, that was pretty much my point that you so clearly missed.  The model t provided transportation as it was designed to do.   Yet engineers and manufacturers still do everything in their power to make the next line of vehicles better, safer, faster etc.  They didn't get complacent with a solution that wasn't broken, but they still continually look for new advancements to make transportation better.

If they had stayed with the original design, which worked as expected and accomplished its purpose as you said, we'd still be driving them. But they didn't. And now we have much better, safer vehicles that are far more reliable.

Sorry, it is not the engineers and manufacturers it is the fundamental of capitalism i.e., "profit & competition". It is "what sells the most" and that applies to everything made to sell. Don't forget the lesson learned by Coca-Cola after they trashed the original formula for the "New Coke". If it ain't broke don't fix it.

5 hours ago, J@son said:

Never said any of that.  I clarified that my original comment and the model t example were to refute the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it".   Had nothing to do with the Colt logo

i misunderstood you then.

Archived