Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Select Titus Leo Edge Wagner

CR91

Depth linebacker:

CBS Sports:

Titus Leo played in 22 games the last two seasons, racking up 10 sacks and 32.5 tackles for loss. He ran a sub-4.70 with a 4.32 short shuttle at his pro day. He plays much bigger than his size; uses hands well to get off blocks. One of the few brights spots on a Wagner team that won just one game in 2022 and earned a Shrine Bowl invite whose NFL future may be at off-ball linebacker.

Strengths:

Looks small on tape but plays much bigger; uses hands well to get off OT blocks early in rep

Plays stout at pint vs. TE types

Plays with his hair on fire, even when game is long decided

6 hours ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

What's an edge wagner?O.o

I am guessing you figured it out or were making a joke but if anyone hasn’t it’s edge rusher, Wagner is the school he went too.  For what it’s worth he’s listed as a linebacker on ESPN’s page of draft picks.

Dane Brugler scouting report on Titus Leo from The Beast(Draft guide): BTW it's worth buying a subscription to the Athletic only for this Draft Guide. It's probably the most detailed publicly available draft guide out there...

42. TITUS LEO | Wagner 6030 | 245 lbs. | 5SR Sheepshead Bay, N.Y. (Sheepshead Bay) 8/26/1999 (age 23.67) #1

SUMMARY: Titus Leo, one of four children, grew up in Brooklyn and was a multi-sport standout at Sheepshead Bay High, playing both ways as a wide receiver and safety. He signed with Wagner of the FCS in nearby Staten Island and quickly announced himself as a playmaker, despite the program winning only two of 36 games the last four years. Transitioning to edge rusher and linebacker, he learned under current NFL players Cam Gill and Chris Williams and played in three different schemes in five seasons. A two-time captain, Leo earned a spot on Bruce Feldman’s “Freaks List” with his ability to pounce out of his stance and chase down the ball. He plays with active hands that stay out in front but tends to get crazed in his rush and needs to rely more on punctuality and planning. Overall, Leo is an NFL-caliber athlete with a red-hot motor, but he needs to develop his skill for a more efficient attack plan. He is a work in progress as a pass rusher with special-teams value.

5 hours ago, stitches said:

Dane Brugler scouting report on Titus Leo from The Beast(Draft guide): BTW it's worth buying a subscription to the Athletic only for this Draft Guide. It's probably the most detailed publicly available draft guide out there...

42. TITUS LEO | Wagner 6030 | 245 lbs. | 5SR Sheepshead Bay, N.Y. (Sheepshead Bay) 8/26/1999 (age 23.67) #1

SUMMARY: Titus Leo, one of four children, grew up in Brooklyn and was a multi-sport standout at Sheepshead Bay High, playing both ways as a wide receiver and safety. He signed with Wagner of the FCS in nearby Staten Island and quickly announced himself as a playmaker, despite the program winning only two of 36 games the last four years. Transitioning to edge rusher and linebacker, he learned under current NFL players Cam Gill and Chris Williams and played in three different schemes in five seasons. A two-time captain, Leo earned a spot on Bruce Feldman’s “Freaks List” with his ability to pounce out of his stance and chase down the ball. He plays with active hands that stay out in front but tends to get crazed in his rush and needs to rely more on punctuality and planning. Overall, Leo is an NFL-caliber athlete with a red-hot motor, but he needs to develop his skill for a more efficient attack plan. He is a work in progress as a pass rusher with special-teams value.

I'm rooting for him! I don't think that many kids from Brooklyn play football. He went to Wagner (very small school). He may have been someone a Colts scout liked.

I got this on the Athletic.

Titus Leo, DE, Wagner, No. 211 (sixth round)

Henry: Saw the film, was kinda like, “This guy is interesting.” We brought him here, he did a great job when he was here. Presented himself well … he was a guy that took the entire process for us to stamp him. You’re talking about a guy who plays with his hair on fire. He can run, he’s got some pass-rush ability, he’s a good kid, wants to win, wants to play football the right way.

I thought he could be attractive to the 3-4 (defensive) teams as an outside linebacker, but he looks the most interesting and has the most upside when you watch him as a pass rusher. “Hey, man, just get upfield and go. Go hit the guy with the ball.” So I think we’re going to make use of his traits this way. The guy plays 100 miles an hour, so we like that too.

https://theathletic.com/4472174/2023/04/29/colts-draft-scouts-anthony-richardson?source=user-shared-article

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

It should be there. 

There is so much content that I cannot find it. Do you have the exact title? I did a search and found his top 100 and top 15 at each position but not the entire guide.

Edit: I think I found it. It is his top 300 prospects guide, right?

Archived