Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select QB Anthony Richardson Florida (merge)

danlhart87

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Honest question, outside of the 2012 draft, what talent did Grigs find? Cause I honestly can’t think of anyone.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ryan Kelly in 2016? Literally all I can think of.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

You keep writing that sentence…. 

“There is evidence that Grigson has skill as an evaluator of talent.”

Yet, oddly enough, you do not offer any of that evidence.    No names.   Not from the draft or from free agency. 

Posters here are asking you.   What?  Evidence?

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

Here NCF, I'll help you out..  

Thought Grigs was a bad GM, but NFL teams keep hiring him to help with evaluation of talent.  

There there's your evidence. 

I hadn't really thought about all of these arguments.   you all convinced me.  I was so wrong.   Grigson is terrible and doesn't know anything about football.  They probably only hire him and promote him because they don't know anything about football too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

But the guy can't seem to keep a job.

I don't know what the hierarchy of roles from  him has been, but he's been following around Adolfo-Mensah for the last 3 years.  I don't think that necessarily indicative of him not being able to keep a job. 

23 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I hadn't really thought about all of these arguments.   you all convinced me.  I was so wrong.   Grigson is terrible and doesn't know anything about football.  They probably only hire him and promote him because they don't know anything about football too.

So you can’t point to any examples of grigs finding talent anywhere other than 2012 and one guy in 2016?

the argument that “well he has a job in football” holds no water here. Just because you have a job doesn’t mean you’re good at it. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

So you can’t point to any examples of grigs finding talent anywhere other than 2012 and one guy in 2016?

the argument that “well he has a job in football” holds no water here. Just because you have a job doesn’t mean you’re good at it. 

I only said to a viking fan where he is on the staff to not worry that i thought he was a good evaluator of talent and that is the reason i have for beleiving it.  People don't win exec of the year and don't stay in the league very long when they suck at their job.

IF you want to go through every pick or trade or signing he has made with me, i'll do it but with caveat.  We only look at what the pickup was considered at the time he took them and not purely result oriented.   They all are calculated risks.  Even if you are 80% sure on each one, that 20% fail can happen a lot.

Given that i'll start with Andrew Luck, now i know you personally see this as the worst addition to the colts in the history of time, and i will give you that he lost out as rookie of the year, but at the time he was the right pick.  I bet if you are being honest that you will agree.   Do you want to give a grade out of 10 on each pick?  This one i give a 10/10.   What is yours and do you want to go to fleener?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I only said to a viking fan where he is on the staff to not worry that i thought he was a good evaluator of talent and that is the reason i have for beleiving it.  People don't win exec of the year and don't stay in the league very long when they suck at their job.

IF you want to go through every pick or trade or signing he has made with me, i'll do it but with caveat.  We only look at what the pickup was considered at the time he took them and not purely result oriented.   They all are calculated risks.  Even if you are 80% sure on each one, that 20% fail can happen a lot.

Given that i'll start with Andrew Luck, now i know you personally see this as the worst addition to the colts in the history of time, and i will give you that he lost out as rookie of the year, but at the time he was the right pick.  I bet if you are being honest that you will agree.   Do you want to give a grade out of 10 on each pick?  This one i give a 10/10.   What is yours and do you want to go to fleener?

Considering it’s a results based business, the results ultimately determine the grade.

that said, even using your restrictive metric, and I’ve already said the 2012 draft was his only good class, I’m gonna rate the overall class as an A-. Results based, it’s still a B. 

But from 2013-2017, yeah D- in 2016, the rest, solid Fs. And that’s with any metric you use…

but since you’re calling out a few, how about I do as well…

Doresett? Warner ? TRich, Green? Brazil? Jackson, Boyett, Holmes? Monti Hughes?  Thornton? Chapman, Moncrief(who of this group was probably the best ) need I go? 

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Considering it’s a results based business, the results ultimately determine the grade.

that said, even using your restrictive metric, and I’ve already said the 2012 draft was his only good class, I’m gonna rate the overall class as an A-. Results based, it’s still a B. 

But from 2013-2017, yeah D- in 2016, the rest, solid Fs. And that’s with any metric you use…

but since you’re calling out a few, how about I do as well…

Doresett? Warner ? TRich, Green? Brazil? Jackson, Boyett, Holmes? Monti Hughes?  Thornton? Chapman, Moncrief(who of this group was probably the best ) need I go? 

Do you consider Andy Reid a good evaluator of scouts/talent evaluators?  He liked Grigson and said so after he was fired.

I'm not calling out a few.  I'm saying lets go through each and every one.   I started with the first one which for me is a 10 and now if we go by your metric is a 1 according to you but i am 100% positive that you don't really beleive that. 

I think you have to go by value at the time.  GMs dont know the future they can only gauge prospects value at the time and risk/reward.  However, we can do both.

I still give the AL pick a 10 on my at the time calculus.  I'll give him an 8 on yours as he did retire early.

Now you do fleener and lets get this going.  We will get to the ones you want to rip apart soon enough.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 9:05 AM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Some of you are just really hung up on Levis. Those who thought Levis was a better fit because of where this team is has let it go. Moved on. But the ones who didn’t are still hung up on him. He isn’t a colt so maybe we should move on.

For over 400 pages we listened to you being hung up on Levis.   So pardon us if we don't move on  for a while 

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

I want to see what AR can do with Mallory, and this guy:

Jelani Woods

With that loaded TE room, i think Woods is the only lock.  Its going to be fun seeing who else beats out the others.

19 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Do you consider Andy Reid a good evaluator of scouts/talent evaluators?  He liked Grigson and said so after he was fired.

I'm not calling out a few.  I'm saying lets go through each and every one.   I started with the first one which for me is a 10 and now if we go by your metric is a 1 according to you but i am 100% positive that you don't really beleive that. 

I think you have to go by value at the time.  GMs dont know the future they can only gauge prospects value at the time and risk/reward.  However, we can do both.

I still give the AL pick a 10 on my at the time calculus.  I'll give him an 8 on yours as he did retire early.

Now you do fleener and lets get this going.  We will get to the ones you want to rip apart soon enough.

If you want to create a different thread and list them all out, all of them, I’ll play but I’m not gonna clog up this thread about a guy who if he was as good as you claim, would be a GM for someone

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

If you want to create a different thread and list them all out, all of them, I’ll play but I’m not gonna clog up this thread about a guy who if he was as good as you claim, would be a GM for someone

ok.  we don't have to.  I thought that was your whole point.   

I don't even like Grigson but I'm trying to be objective.   

I actually said he is a good evaluator but not a good leader or GM.   Did you miss that part?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

ok.  we don't have to.  I thought that was your whole point.   

I don't even like Grigson but I'm trying to be objective.   

I actually said he is a good evaluator but not a good leader or GM.   Did you miss that part?

I think it’s best we agree to disagree and move on

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I think it’s best we agree to disagree and move on

That's cool  but first just let me know what your position is.  I say he is a good evaluator.  I'm not sure i can quantify it.  are you saying he is a zero or just a bad evaluator without quantifying it as i can't?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

That's cool  but first just let me know what your position is.  I say he is a good evaluator.  I'm not sure i can quantify it.  are you saying he is a zero or just a bad evaluator without quantifying it as i can't?

Im saying that I wouldn’t even rate him at a zero. That’s too high 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I had a feeling.  There is definitely no point in having a discussion then.    Even if I'm at a 3 for him, I can't reason with you on that.  lol.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I had a feeling.  There is definitely no point in having a discussion then.    Even if I'm at a 3 for him, I can't reason with you on that.  lol.  

Fair enough. I’m an open minded person but I base my decisions on concrete evidence or at least as concrete as possible and the results from that area across the board were such that I can’t even give it a 0. The 2012 draft was good, but the other 5 were so horrible it out weighs that 

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Fair enough. I’m an open minded person but I base my decisions on concrete evidence or at least as concrete as possible and the results from that area across the board were such that I can’t even give it a 0. The 2012 draft was good, but the other 5 were so horrible it out weighs that 

but not to below zero. (I don't know if you are being facetious or not)  you must see how silly that sounds.  the dude was executive of the year.  that has to count for something.  even a 1.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

but not to below zero. (I don't know if you are being facetious or not)  you must see how silly that sounds.  the dude was executive of the year.  that has to count for something.  even a 1.  

Sure it does, but the other end of that weighs so much that he destroyed the good ones he drafted from 2012. I mean there’s no other way to sugar coat ito

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO, if the Titans really thought Levis would be any good they would have taken him at #11. Taking him at #33 is just a gamble that they hope pays off at this point. My uncle who is a huge Titans fan (has been since 1999 - McNair days) hates the pick, he wanted Hooker at that point. My uncle lives in KY and watched a ton of SEC games and told me that Levis would be a bust and he thinks AR has more upside. He watched almost every KY game. I watched Levis play full games against Georgia, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt and he was bad in all 3 games.

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

I think levis is a 4.6 guy though and he plays more reckless than Richardson. Not sure who has the bigger arm as they both have canons. Physically Ruchardson can do everything Levis can, however Richardson has a gear Levis cant match. I also think Richardson pocket presence is better.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

• Like 1

IMHO.  Even if you have a good running QB….. the HAVE to also learn to accurately pass

We had the eagles beaten last year, but Hurtz started running late in the game ….. it helped them win

If you run him 20 -25 times per game…. He will get hurt

so….  My hope is that he learns to pass well enough that we can run him sparingly…. Until it’s needed to win the game or in playoffs

• Like 6

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO, if the Titans really thought Levis would be any good they would have taken him at #11. Taking him at #33 is just a gamble that they hope pays off at this point. My uncle who is a huge Titans fan (has been since 1999 - McNair days) hates the pick, he wanted Hooker at that point. My uncle lives in KY and watched a ton of SEC games and told me that Levis would be a bust and he thinks AR has more upside. He watched almost every KY game. I watched Levis play full games against Georgia, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt and he was bad in all 3 games.

I would agree

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Saw this clip of Fields and I have a feeling Colts are going to look very similiar to how Bears looked like last year. Colds have a much better team the bears had last season.

I'm hopeful AR will be better than Fields.

AR ran a prostyle offense at Florida, so the transition to Steichens offense should be much easier.

Fields ran the OSU spread and had a tough transition to a prostyle offense as most OSU QB's do.

Its clear to me when I watch Fields, he doesn't understand what the defense is doing which is why he runs so much.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

IMHO.  Even if you have a good running QB….. the HAVE to also learn to accurately pass

We had the eagles beaten last year, but Hurtz started running late in the game ….. it helped them win

If you run him 20 -25 times per game…. He will get hurt

so….  My hope is that he learns to pass well enough that we can run him sparingly…. Until it’s needed to win the game or in playoffs

Not counting QB sneaks he will run 10 times a game... or less.

Similar to Hurts.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

When introducing Grigson as our new GM, our owner said he would be mentoring him. Like when Irsay traded for Richardson or when he made Gosder the highest pd RT in the league. This was during "bad times" for Irsay.

Irsay was definitely part of the Grigson team building problem. JMO!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

When introducing Grigson as our new GM, our owner said he would be mentoring him. Like when Irsay traded for Richardson or when he made Gosder the highest pd RT in the league. This was during "bad times" for Irsay.

Irsay was definitely part of the Grigson team building problem. JMO!

He’s definitely not blameless in that aspect that’s for sure

• Like 1

Interesting. So is this being spun as Moroccos choice ?

No, I wouldn’t say that at all, at least, not from the Colts.   But Brown was the first to find AR.   Happened back in August of 22 BEFORE Richardson started his only season for Florida.  It was pre-season practice. 

And in his current job, he has flexibility to go where he wants in search of the most unique and special talent.   And it’s being shared that Brown went to see him often.   He was raw and Brown wanted to see his progress (or not) in person. 

If there’s any spin happening, I don’t think it’s from the Colts.   It might be from the story from Stampede Blue.  

I think the Colts are giving Brown credit for finding a raw unpolished Diamond before most anyone else did.   Simply a pat on the back.

Interesting. So is this being spun as Moroccos choice ?

That's not what I get. I think Morocco was the guy who was excited about him early on, and went to bat for him. And then he stuck with it until the draft, which makes sense now that we know how connected he is with some of Richardson's people. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Superman said:

That's not what I get. I think Morocco was the guy who was excited about him early on, and went to bat for him. And then he stuck with it until the draft, which makes sense now that we know how connected he is with some of Richardson's people. 

Interesting indeed. 

34 minutes ago, Superman said:

So let’s say the colts were sold on AR way back in August, does this explain the Jeff Saturday hire a bit better and how did this affect the coaching search? Seems like they went with the coach who had the most experience with a variety of QB types. 

all this makes sense if AR was the target all along. Which I get the feeling he was

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

So let’s say the colts were sold on AR way back in August, does this explain the Jeff Saturday hire a bit better and how did this affect the coaching search? Seems like they went with the coach who had the most experience with a variety of QB types. 

all this makes sense if AR was the target all along. Which I get the feeling he was

I don't think it explains the Saturday thing. I do think it speaks to the Steichen hire. Even when listen to the things Irsay said about Richardson, it's obvious everyone was looking at the Eagles as something of a model for how to develop and integrate a QB like Richardson.

The Saturday thing was really strange, and I don't know if anything explains it, especially with how Irsay defended it at the intro presser. I always felt like there was something more to it, but who knows what that actually was.

• Like 3