Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 NFL Draft -- April 27th to April 29

NFLfan

So far....

Winner of the draft:  Houston Texans

Took one of the top 2 QB's, and then traded back up and took the best impact defender in the draft.

Loser of the draft:  Detroit Lions

Blew two first round picks - took a RB at #12 when they could have taken him later, and then took a big inside linebacker.  Didn't the Colts tell them that it's not 1985 anymore?  And that you don't build your team around these positions anymore?

• Like 3

Just now, John Hammonds said:

So far....

Took one of the top 2 QB's, and then traded back up and took the best impact defender in the draft.

Blew two first round picks - took a RB at #12 when they could have taken him later, and then took a big inside linebacker.  Didn't the Colts tell them that it's not 1985 anymore?  And that you don't build your team around these positions anymore?

Lions got 2 first round picks and 3 seconds seems like better winner to me and grabbed the best MLB with Jack

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

So far....

Lions are a pretty good team and have a QB. I don’t mind taking a RB in their situation.

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Never heard of the Cowboys pick

Its a good fit for them. I've seen Grover Stewart as a comp. Absolute game wrecker against the run with some pass rush ability.

1 minute ago, OhioColt said:

late 2nd or 3rd rounder 

I've seen a lot of late 1st, early 2nd grades on him.

Just now, Shive said:

Its a good fit for them. I've seen Grover Stewart as a comp. Absolute game wrecker against the run with some pass rush ability.

Yeah, actually Grover is a good comp. Really big DT with great athleticism. But needs refinement... the thing is... we got Grover in the 4th... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Some guys on the Vikings site said he had some off-the-field issues. I promptly took him off my board. Lol

so Cowboys promptly took him on the board, lol  :lol:

I actually love Mazi Smith... one of the few guys I began writing down months ago in my now incomplete list as sleeper picks on day 2 

Just now, stitches said:

Yeah, actually Grover is a good comp. Really big DT with great athleticism. But needs refinement... the thing is... we got Grover in the 4th... 

I'm not sure that I would draft him there, but I think he'll be good in that defense. Grover was also from a small school, which I think affected where he was drafted.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I don’t think we need to go Guard in the 2nd round. The position looks pretty deep this year. Right now CB is looking good early in the 2nd

Agree the Colts need CB starters now but Torrence graded very well in run-blocking and with AR as our QB and Taylor in the backfield we still will be more of a running game than passing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If Cardinals and Texans are both bad next year cardinals could have 2 top 5 picks.

do we know yet if it is their own 1st next year or if it is the Cleveland 1st they got from the Watson deal?

Either way it could be a high pick 

3 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

so Cowboys promptly took him on the board, lol  :lol:

I actually love Mazi Smith... one of the few guys I began writing down months ago in my now incomplete list as sleeper picks on day 2 

The Cowboys have no problem signing guys with off the field problems.

Just now, NFLfan said:

Levis and Nolan Smith have dropped. Who gets drafted first?

I don't see any of the last 3 teams taking Levis, so unless a team trades up into the bottom of the 1st to get that 5th year option, Levis will fall to the 2nd.