Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

What kind of GM runs a football team this way!

Ballard :)  - he is probably the guy that talks a big talk for having done the least amongst GMs that have been with their team for 5+ years. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Ballard :)  - he is probably the guy that talks a big talk for having done the least amongst GMs that have been with their team for 5 years. 

Ballard reminds me of how I play Madden in franchise mode. In the offseason, I try to get as many 70-80 ranked FAs as I can (which are high end depth players to low end starters). The difference is I'm a MUCH better drafter than Ballard on Madden, and I can get away with it. Ballard can't draft well enough to pull off this strategy in FA. He needs to change his ways before he gets fired.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ballard reminds me of how I play Madden in franchise mode. In the offseason, I try to get as many 70-80 ranked FAs as I can (which are high end depth players to low end starters). The difference is I'm a MUCH better drafter than Ballard on Madden, and I can get away with it. Ballard can't draft well enough to pull off this strategy in FA. He needs to change his ways before he gets fired.

Ballard is very good for building quality depth and drafts well there. But he is not like Polian to sign/draft quality at the top with difference makers at key positions. That one thing is obvious after 5+ years.

• Like 3

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Shaq Mason got traded to the Texans. Mason and a 7th for a 6th

Also Jacobi Meyers signed with the Raiders. 3 years 33 million.

Now that the number one receiver, Meyers, has signed I would think we will hear something on Campbell pretty soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Heard on NFL Network this morning that the Broncos are looking for a center after signing two new OL for Wilson.  We know and they know Ryan is available.  Would they make an offer or just wait the Colts out for his release.   Inquiring minds want to know.

I thought about this. I would go one further. Trade our 3rd round pick (via the commanders) along with Kelly and MAC for the Broncos 3rd round pick that they got from us for Nick Cross. Moves us up like 12 spots in the 3rd and we can dump Kelly and Mac on them. They get a starter in Kelly and a depth TE.

• Like 1

Shaq Mason got traded to the Texans. Mason and a 7th for a 6th

Also Jacobi Meyers signed with the Raiders. 3 years 33 million.

So a WR finally signs. $11M AAV seems about right for a player like Meyers.

I would assume then that PC is more like $5-6M, but who knows.

• Like 1

Just now, shasta519 said:

So a WR finally signs. $11M AAV seems about right for a player like Meyers.

I would assume then that PC is more like $5-6M, but who knows.

JuJu might be the next WR to sign somewhere, the question is if it will be The Chiefs.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

JuJu might be the next WR to sign somewhere, the question is if it will be The Chiefs.

I had heard they were going to bring him back and let Hardman walk. I would expect Toney and Moore to take on much larger roles next season.

• Like 2

I thought about this. I would go one further. Trade our 3rd round pick (via the commanders) along with Kelly and MAC for the Broncos 3rd round pick that they got from us for Nick Cross. Moves us up like 12 spots in the 3rd and we can dump Kelly and Mac on them. They get a starter in Kelly and a depth TE.

This would be the perfect outcome.  They would have to take on Ryan’s contract and cap hit but they could also restructure him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This is exactly me, except I almost never sign free agents. I don’t know why Ballard can’t build a 96 overall team only using the draft like I do! haha

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Campbell would be a nice fit for the Chiefs as well.

I heard Chiefs were one of the teams at Odell Beckham Jr.'s tryouts, and also MVS was recruiting Allen Lazard to come play for The Chiefs, though Lazard is waiting on Aaron Rodgers news. Lazard is 6'5" 220 as a WR, and is a big reason why the Packers' run blocking was good, one of the best run blocking WRs in the market along with a big body to catch slants and being a red zone target.

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Hoping to get Parris back now. We'll see.

Hear PC wants to go back home to play for the Browns! If this happens we got Pitt, Pierce, Dulin, and zzz. Dont think any FA wants to come to a team that has no current QB to throw them the ball!…Thanks Ballard!!!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Hoping to get Parris back now. We'll see.

Any news today on anyone. I've been away from football news for a few hours. I see Dalvin Tomlinson signed with the Browns. Would that merit a Comp pick? His contract was going to be voided but the time to void it was extended (or something like that). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Any news today on anyone. I've been away from football news for a few hours. I see Dalvin Tomlinson signed with the Bears. Would that merit a Comp pick? His contract was going to be voided but the time to void it was extended (or something like that). 

I haven’t seen news on us signing our own guys. I only know we signed a new kicker. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Any news today on anyone. I've been away from football news for a few hours. I see Dalvin Tomlinson signed with the Browns. Would that merit a Comp pick? His contract was going to be voided but the time to void it was extended (or something like that). 

Just now, NFLfan said:

Lol. I just sent you a message asking for any news. 

I wrote Bears instead of Browns. Tomlinson signed with the Browns, not Bears.

Shaq Mason was traded to the Texans and Jacobi Meyers got signed by the raiders.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I haven’t seen news on us signing our own guys. I only know we signed a new kicker. 

That's important. If you have a kicker that you trust will make every kick, that gives you peace of mind. I have no problem signing kickers.

• Like 3

If I'm the Colts, I send Ryan Kelly and Jonathan Taylor to the cardinals for the 3rd overall this year and a 1st or second next year.

Cards nee a center and an RB

Colts would have 3 and 4 this year. Grab the QB and DE back to back. 

Also, I'm hoping that the Colts sign Hardman. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

That's important. If you have a kicker that you trust will make every kick, that gives you peace of mind. I have no problem signing kickers.

mom a fan of the signing. McLaughlin did a great job I was however nervous every kick. That could also be attributed to all the misses the year previous lol. 

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

If I'm the Colts, I send Ryan Kelly and Jonathan Taylor to the cardinals for the 3rd overall this year and a 1st or second next year.

might be able to swing that first for this year but not next year. 

11 minutes ago, Indeee said:

What's this obsession with trading Taylor? I don't get it.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

What's this obsession with trading Taylor? I don't get it.

Another position of non-value in the league. Let some other team give him huge money. 

Moss and Jackson are sufficient. 

Even though I'm fine with the kicker signing, you can't keep giving big money contracts to positions that are not highly valuable in the league. i.e guard, MLB, and RB

• Like 1

Seems Jakobi Meyers was the number one WR target for teams. We will see what happens with Campbell now. I hope he stays.

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

Another position of non-value in the league. Let some other team give him huge money. 

Even though I'm fine with the kicker signing, you can't keep giving big money contracts to positions that are not highly valuable in the league. i.e guard, MLB, and RB

If Colts go and draft Richardson Taylor suddenly becomes very important in the kind of offense Steichen will run. 

For me the biggest news in this year’s FA is not the Rodgers drama but rather LaMar Jackson and what develops with a now available 26 year old superstar quarterback.  Starting at 4pm tomorrow teams can start making calls to LaMar.  I don’t think Irsay can stop himself from calling.  He wants another championship multiple championships for that matter and LaMar is the fastest path to that goal.  The price will be steep but I think the Colts will be making the call knowing that.  I could be wrong but Irsay is not afraid to make a bold move even if it ticks off the other owners.  His team comes first.  Tomorrow the real drama starts Imo.  Can’t wait.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Jackson and Moss are not Taylor. You're trying to replace a Ferrari with a Ford Pinto and Dodge Shadow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What Kyler Murray comments? Anyone know?

Beachum, a free agent after spending the past three seasons protecting Murray as one of Arizona's starting offensive linemen, was asked about the 2019 No. 1 overall draft pick's leadership abilities Wednesday during an interview with Arizona Sports 98.7 FM.

"Grow up," Beachum responded when asked what Murray needs to do. "Be a man and grow up."

Murray's maturity and leadership ability became topics of widespread scrutiny last year when his lucrative contract with the Cardinals included an addendum that required the quarterback to study film for four hours per week during the season.

The Cardinals ultimately removed the clause from Murray's contract and said in a statement that the $230.5 million deal "demonstrates our belief in his ability to lead this team." But according to Beachum, Murray still has work do as a leader.

"It's not a completed process," Beachum said during the interview. "I didn't say he lacks leadership, I just think he needs to grow up a little bit. I think if he has the ability and willingness to grow up, he's going to be just fine.

"[The Cardinals] paid him for a reason -- they paid him because of his talent. He has the ability to lead. When you're in that position, we need you to lead more. You're the face of the franchise ... you have to lead in every single capacity."

"Kyler is his own individual, he's his own person, he beats to his own drum, which has made him what he is today," Beachum said. "But, at the end of the day, you have to be able to lead an entire organization, you've got to lead a team."

• Thanks 1