Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Colts and NFL free agency news, rumors, discussions

stitches

34 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Waller is older too, no? I like Waller but I was very happy with the Hockenson acquisition. 

that's right. Waller is 5 years older, drafted 4 years earlier. Makes sense. I'm happy with having TJ Hock, and as you implied, I didn't get why they had to pay that much for Josh Oliver. 

Vikings lost Theilen, Tomlinson, Peterson, Dantzler, Kendricks, probably more... and I didn't think they needed to pay another TE after trading for TJ. Could've kept Theilen and Peterson. I wanted to keep Peterson at any cost, and very disappointed. What's their plan now for CB? Draft a couple of CBs in rounds 1 & 3, and hope Andrew Booth is healthy and plays well enough? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

didn't get why they had to pay that much for Josh Oliver. 

Oliver replaces Irv Smith who I was not too crazy about. He was very disappointing. So, I am ok with the signing, especially because he is a good blocker. 

Alexander Mattison is a free agent. I'd like him back. 

• Thanks 1

LaMar tweeted today that he turned down a fully guaranteed contract for 3 years at 133m.  So that’s the starting point beginning tomorrow at 4pm.  Now the Colts know.  I expect we will give him a call and sit down with him and see if they could work out an agreement.  That’s doing your due diligence.  That’s what good GM’s do.

27 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I did not think we would re-sign Bradbury. He has been a bit disappointing but I am all for retaining players. 

his value in the running game and communication keeps him there, I guess. He's not that bad in pass protection, maybe he would've done better with an elite QB. 

@NFLfan  a little earlier, I couldn't login to this site as it said update was in progress. Now I see the tagged names like your profile name here is in dark blue, I think it's different than before. 

39 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Hard to see us getting a 3rd for Kelly.  

Same for Kenny Moore. 

Same for the group-think in this forum since last year that Eberflus would want Colts defense players back in da Bears.

No, he has lot more options and would find players in similar profile around the league, not just the players fans want to trade away from Colts. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

LaMar tweeted today that he turned down a fully guaranteed contract for 3 years at 133m.  So that’s the starting point beginning tomorrow at 4pm.  Now the Colts know.  I expect we will give him a call and sit down with him and see if they could work out an agreement.  That’s doing your due diligence.  That’s what good GM’s do.

That’s stupid. Fully guaranteed…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

, I couldn't login to this site as it said update was in progress. Now I see the tagged names like your profile name here is in dark blue, I think it's different than before

Yes, my reply to another person did not post and I received an error reply. I see a few changes.

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Ryan will be cut in due time. Patience grasshopper 

Jets and Rodgers - are we there yet?

Ravens and Lamar - are we there yet?

Colts and Ryan - are we there yet? 

All for different reasons. :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Maybe but what if Irsay is okay with it.  It’s his money.  It will be interesting to see where it goes.

Irsay will need to storm into Ballard's office and demand him to do conference call with Lamar tomorrow for that to happen... 

Maybe, it will? nobody will believe that would happen though. 

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Irsay will need to storm into Ballard's office and demand him to do conference call with Lamar tomorrow for that to happen... 

and, when Irsay storms into Ballard's office, would he find CB sleeping with alarms set for Day 4 of Free Agency? :sleepy:

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Ballard should be calling him regardless.  That’s the due diligence part.  That’s what a good GM does.  Then he discusses his findings with Irsay.  After that we don’t really know where it will go.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Letting a 39 year old Qb whom might retire after a year dictate decisions is not very smart. Jets must be pretty desperate.

Thanks. I hope the Jets don't give in to his demands. They are absurd. The Jets have some good weapons. Why should the Jets sign Randall Cobb? They have more talented receivers.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

The Jets should tell him to pound salt.

Jets' owner, if he has any ounce of self respect, should tell Rodgers to be where he is, the Packers where they are, and pony up 4 years $200 million guaranteed for Lamar Jackson with 2 first rounders, and take his chances.

• Like 3

Just now, NFLfan said:

Thanks. I hope the Jets don't give in to his demands. They are absurd. The Jets have some good weapons. Why should the Jets sign Randall Cobb? They have more talented receivers.

What’s sad is they have a really good coach. If they would of just tried and sign Carr or jimmy g they probably would of been really good. They keep messing up the quarterback.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What’s sad is they have a really good coach. If they would of just tried and sign Carr or jimmy g they probably would of been really good. They keep messing up the quarterback.

They have a really good GM as well. He just drafted the Offensive and Defensive rookies of the year last year. They just need to get an average QB to try and compete.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

RB Josh Jacobs is not happy with this Waller trade. Davante Adams seemed unhappy yesterday. I think he signed with the Raiders to play with his college teammate Carr. 

Raiders Fans also don't seem to like the moves. 

Raiders and Jets are playing madden it seems..