Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 MLB Baseball

Brewers and Marlins are doing this Wicked Tuna Fishing GIF by National Geographic Channelor this Fishing Fail GIF by Conesulfoz-I have been saying all year that the Brewers are phonies. Their fans were mocking the Cubs for not getting, now it's my turn. What good does it do to win your division than get bounced in the Wildcard Round? A bunch of chumps.

Regarding the Marlins, Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine-good for the Marlins, they wreck it for everyone else and just get dominated by the Phillies.

On 10/2/2023 at 12:56 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

+The Cubs season ends with an 83-79 record. 2nd in the NL Central, respectable but nothing to brag about.

+Here is what the Cubs have accomplished since 2015. This is going back 10 seasons now with 2024 awaiting. (2015-2024 seasons).

2015 = 97-65 (playoff appearance)

2016 = 103-58 (playoff appearance) (Division Champs) (NL Champs) (WS Champs)

2017 = 92-70 (playoff appearance) (Division Champs)

2018 = 95-68 (playoff appearance)

2019 = 84-78 (missed playoffs)

2020 = 34-26 (playoff appearance) (Division Champs) - Covid shorten season.

2021 = 71-91 (missed playoffs)

2022 = 74-88 (missed playoffs)

2023 = 83-79 (missed playoffs)

2024 = 0-0 so far?

Totals: 733-623 54.1% winnings

3 Division Championships = 2016, 2017, 2020

1 NL Championship = 2016

1 WS Championship = 2016

+The 2023 Playoffs start tomorrow:

WildCard Round

Rangers at Rays (AL)

Blue Jays at Twins (AL)

D Backs at Brewers (NL)

Marlins at Phillies (NL)

-All best of 3.

+I like the Rays 2-1 over Rangers.

+I like the Blue Jays 2-1 over Twins.

+I like the D Backs 2-1 over Brewers.

+I like the Phillies 2-1 over the Marlins.

I am 2-2 in picking series so far. I got the NL right, the AL wrong. I am shocked the RAYS lost. Out of the teams left, go Twins chuckling homer simpson GIF

uhhhhh bye bye Brewers!!!! Also happy for Schwarber, can’t say I miss his defense, but boy can that guy hit!!!! Super involved in the community especially with first responders, so cool!

That being said, LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 12:07 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brewers and Marlins are doing this Wicked Tuna Fishing GIF by National Geographic Channelor this Fishing Fail GIF by Conesulfoz-I have been saying all year that the Brewers are phonies. Their fans were mocking the Cubs for not getting, now it's my turn. What good does it do to win your division than get bounced in the Wildcard Round? A bunch of chumps.

Regarding the Marlins, Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine-good for the Marlins, they wreck it for everyone else and just get dominated by the Phillies.

My brother was rooting for the cubs and can't stand the marlins..he was mad they scored A run and wished they got shut out lol. 

I haven't seen my Yankees yet.....how many byes did we get???:funny:

Your GIF of the guy deep sea fishing reminded me of me getting a off shore slow pitch jigging rod even though I don't have a boat to go deep sea fishing.I'm sick... I'm A Tackle-holic and had to have it....I just had to get one. I use it for bass fishing, I love it..

Maybe one day I'll use it for what it was meant for and catch a big red snapper or tuna. For now it's a freshwater bass rod. Haha

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 7:20 AM, HOZER said:

uhhhhh bye bye Brewers!!!! Also happy for Schwarber, can’t say I miss his defense, but boy can that guy hit!!!! Super involved in the community especially with first responders, so cool!

That being said, LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!

Astros vs Rangers in the ALCS, who knows? I am rooting for the Rangers.

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2023 at 12:20 AM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Maybe one day I'll use it for what it was meant for and catch a big red snapper or tuna. For now it's a freshwater bass rod. Haha

Have you ever looked into going on a fishing charter? I can’t remember what part of the country you live in, but I know there are several affordable charter services in the Gulf of Mexico. My son and I have gone on several fishing excursions out of Port Aransas Texas, just a little over $100(for both of us!), we go out for 4-5 hours, all bait and rods provided, and depending on season you will catch a TON of Snapper, reds, mackerel, etc. I have  seen guys take their own rods/tackle as well. They have individual coolers in the boat to keep your fish cool, and will even clean/fillet them for a small fee if you want them to back on the dock. Many of them also offer 8/12/24, and multi day trips. There are even restaurants in Port A that will cook/serve your fish for you if desired!

image.jpeg.85802cbeae7825a49f11034590af2daf.jpeg

• Like 2

Down goes the Braves. @Jared Cisneros, thoughts. I am surprised. Baseball is the oddest sport out of the main 3 = NFL, NBA, MLB. The best team in the regular season gets knocked out a lot. Maybe it is the pressure that team feels going into the playoffs being favored. Cubs had the best record in 2016 and just survived to win the WS and that was the greatest team the Cubs ever had with 103 wins. 

ALCS is set = Rangers vs Astros

NLCS is set = D Backs vs Phillies

-Only 4 teams left. The Cubs barley not getting in even makes me more upset now because the NL has been a complete crapshoot! D Backs finished 1 game better than Cubs. I will go back to that 13 inning game we lost to them in September, that was the turning point where we started to fizzle, and they caught fire. I knew right after that game; it was a bad loss!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Down goes the Braves. @Jared Cisneros, thoughts. I am surprised. Baseball is the oddest sport out of the main 3 = NFL, NBA, MLB. The best team in the regular season gets knocked out a lot. Maybe it is the pressure that team feels going into the playoffs being favored. Cubs had the best record in 2016 and just survived to win the WS and that was the greatest team the Cubs ever had with 103 wins. 

-Only 4 teams left. The Cubs barley not getting in even makes me more upset now because the NL has been a complete crapshoot! D Backs finished 1 game better than Cubs. I will go back to that 13 inning game we lost to them in September, that was the turning point where we started to fizzle, and they caught fire. I knew right after that game; it was a bad loss!

The top four teams in the regular season have all been eliminated BEFORE their respective League's championship series.  Unreal.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

The top four teams in the regular season have all been eliminated BEFORE their respective League's championship series.  Unreal.

Yeah I kind of had a feeling it would be wide open in the playoffs. That is why being a Cubs fan, I kept preaching 'JUST GET IN'. It didn't happen. The D Backs to their credit are making the best of it. Marlins and Brewers both flaked out quick.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I kind of had a feeling it would be wide open in the playoffs. That is why being a Cubs fan, I kept preaching 'JUST GET IN'. It didn't happen. The D Backs to their credit are making the best of it. Marlins and Brewers both flaked out quick.

It’s partly a function of the bye for the two teams with the best record in each league.  They sit home for several days and then face a team that is hot - in a 5-game series.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

It’s partly a function of the bye for the two teams with the best record in each league.  They sit home for several days and then face a team that is hot - in a 5-game series.

The only thing the MLB can really do is maybe expand the playoffs to 8 teams in each league, instead of 6. Have 0 Bye's and just play a format like:

1 vs 8

2 vs 7

3 vs 6

4 vs 5

Make those the best of 3 to start. 

-I realize 8 teams is a lot but there are 15 teams in each league. So 8 get in, 7 miss. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

I agree, and I'm beginning to doubt the wisdom of these byes in MLB for exactly this reason. 3 out of the 4 teams that had the bye were bounced in the 1st series that they played, and just like last season, both NL teams (the same 2 teams BTW) each lost to a divisional rival in the NLDS. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I apologize for getting back to you late on this. I was really furious last night in this series for the lack of effort from the Braves offense. One of the worst efforts I've seen from this team all year. I understand the Phillies are a tough matchup (they were the team I feared the most in the NL and my favorites to win the WS now), but you have to put up a better effort than this when you are fighting to make the NLCS. It was a flat 4 game series, and the Braves were never really in it. 

If the Cubs had made it, you would have had a chance. This year has been crazy so far in the playoffs. The only predictable favorite that won IMO was the Astros. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

I agree, and I'm beginning to doubt the wisdom of these byes in MLB for exactly this reason. 3 out of the 4 teams that had the bye were bounced in the 1st series that they played, and just like last season, both NL teams (the same 2 teams BTW) each lost to a divisional rival in the NLDS. 

I mean at some point though, you gotta wonder if it's just team that cracks under pressure (Dodgers really seem to). Dodgers won only during 60 games season, braves won during a surprise year for them.

Baltimore missed a lot of good starting pitching. Astros only complete team and keep showing up well for last 7 years. Makes you wonder if dodgera/braves are just regular Season teams. Baltimore I could see getting to alcs next year

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 1:04 PM, HOZER said:

Have you ever looked into going on a fishing charter? I can’t remember what part of the country you live in, but I know there are several affordable charter services in the Gulf of Mexico. My son and I have gone on several fishing excursions out of Port Aransas Texas, just a little over $100(for both of us!), we go out for 4-5 hours, all bait and rods provided, and depending on season you will catch a TON of Snapper, reds, mackerel, etc. I have  seen guys take their own rods/tackle as well. They have individual coolers in the boat to keep your fish cool, and will even clean/fillet them for a small fee if you want them to back on the dock. Many of them also offer 8/12/24, and multi day trips. There are even restaurants in Port A that will cook/serve your fish for you if desired!

image.jpeg.85802cbeae7825a49f11034590af2daf.jpeg

Yeah.... I have thought about it. I haven't really searched the prices but I think $100 Give or take a few should handle it. 

But I know they are usually pretty crowded and tight quarters and lines tangle up often. But I probably will do that if I don't make other arrangements with like a more private experience with just a few othwrs. 

I also live near a place called Snook Islands which is a habit that attracts snook, redfish, speckled trout etc.... and have a pier/bridge like structure and some floating docks. Its nice and my Goofish rod is fine there. We also have the Lake Worth Pier and Beach and do some surf fishing. 

And since I've become a tackle`holic I now starting to Fly Fish.....more tackle to acquire lol.

On 10/13/2023 at 9:12 AM, Lancer1 said:

FB_IMG_1697080214936.jpg

Didn't the Dodgers win the World Series recently? It is better to get there. Some teams like the Mets spend so much money and still miss the playoffs.

Regarding the Astros, they may have cheated once but it seems that they continue to play at a high level. Are they still cheating?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yeah.... I have thought about it. I haven't really searched the prices but I think $100 Give or take a few should handle it. 

But I know they are usually pretty crowded and tight quarters and lines tangle up often. But I probably will do that if I don't make other arrangements with like a more private experience with just a few othwrs. 

I also live near a place called Snook Islands which is a habit that attracts snook, redfish, speckled trout etc.... and have a pier/bridge like structure and some floating docks. Its nice and my Goofish rod is fine there. We also have the Lake Worth Pier and Beach and do some surf fishing. 

And since I've become a tackle`holic I now starting to Fly Fish.....more tackle to acquire lol.

Ah Florida, yes you got some awesome fishing options there. More private charters will get you  up n the $800-$1000 range, which isn’t bad if split  amongst a few friends.  I haven’t had too bad of luck with overcrowded charters, usually pretty good about keeping distance from each other. Huge fan of jetty/pier fishing, just have to know what’s biting lure/bait selection. I’m definitely intrigued by fly fishing, might have to give it a shot someday.

• Like 1

Bryce Harper is a bad man, it would be wise to not taunt him from this point forward, lol!

phillies-red-october-2023-bryce-harper.g

And Castellanos, what a machine!!!!! To think, he wanted to remain a Cub, but they wouldn’t pay him?!?!?! Ugh!!!

That being said, LETS GO RANGERS!!!!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Didn't the Dodgers win the World Series recently? It is better to get there. Some teams like the Mets spend so much money and still miss the playoffs.

Regarding the Astros, they may have cheated once but it seems that they continue to play at a high level. Are they still cheating?

Dodgers won in the 2020 shorten COVID season. Otherwise they have choked so many times I have lost count.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Sorry I forgot to answer this question…

:ranton:

I would hope not, but there are still  players or people associated with the team who were aware of what was going on. Same reason I can never cheer for the Patriots. It was an unfair advantage that may have cost other teams wins and possibly championships. Unfair to other teams fans too. I know it’s unfair to the players who weren’t involved, I’m sure at some point people will move on.

They were very talented at the time and didn’t need to be cheating, but chose to anyway.

:rantoff:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Rangers Manager Bruce Bochy has led his 3rd team, the only 3 that he has ever managed in MLB, to the World Series. He was a backup catcher on the Padres' 1984 pennant winning team, and the Manager of the 1998 team that advanced to the Fall Classic. After leaving San Diego, he led the SF Giants to 3 World Series titles in a span of 5 years and has now led the Rangers to the Series in this, his 1st season as their Manager.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HOZER said:

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!

Hoping the Phillies can get it done tomorrow, today was bad. 

Go Rangers. I think the Rangers have a better chance of beating the D Backs so if they advance I would be cool with it. Phillies are streaky dangerous with guys like Harper, Turner, and Schwarber. 

Congrats to the AL Champions, Texas Rangers.

• Like 3

The Astros go down.....so glad. 

Props to the rangers. 

The Yankees can't make it every year so its good for some other team go once in a while. haha

And the Yankees are still represented with former players  with pitchers Montgomery and Chapman AND the pre-game/post game analysis from A-Rod and Jeter. haha

And speaking of the Yankees, owner Hal Steinbrenner is going all out to better the chances of winning the 28th world series in franchise history next year by adding new sleeping pods and a new cafeteria to the players clubhouse!!!

I'm pulling for the Phillies to beat Arizona as I like Harper(he should have been a yankee). Should be a good series if they meet.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Go Rangers. I think the Rangers have a better chance of beating the D Backs so if they advance I would be cool with it. Phillies are streaky dangerous with guys like Harper, Turner, and Schwarber. 

Congrats to the AL Champions, Texas Rangers.

It’s a win win for me really. Would like to see the Rangers win it, but would also be ok with Schwarber, Castellanos, Chapman, and Kimbrel getting the win.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Rangers vs Diamondbacks it is! Man Phillies just ran out of steam, kind of like my Cubbies😒

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!

Rangers/D Backs World Series lol. I don't think anyone picked that before the season. I will take the Rangers in 7 but so far my predictions have been not too good regarding baseball.

• Like 1

I placed a bet on the Diamondbacks for the first World Series game.  No spread, just a straight win. The Rangers are favored, but betting on the Diamondbacks would be more profitable if I win.  If I'm wrong, it's money I can afford to lose. I never bet more than I can manage. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I placed a bet on the Diamondbacks for the first World Series game.  No spread, just a straight win. The Rangers are favored, but betting on the Diamondbacks would be more profitable if I win.  If I'm wrong, it's money I can afford to lose. I never bet more than I can manage. 

This season has been a crap shoot. Anything can happen in this series. The Diamondbacks got in over the Cubs by 1 game, they beat the Cubs in a 13 inning game late in the year, otherwise the Cubs would have made the playoffs instead of them.