Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 MLB Baseball

25 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Exactly! What the (insert bad word here) happened?!

train discover GIF

Baseball is a streaky game. One minute, the team you root for looks invincible, the next minute they look like doo doo. There is a reason why no team has Repeated since the 2000 season. I am just glad my Cubs had enough to finish off the Indians in 2016 to get that Ring, homer GIF- we had just enough to limp to the finish line lmao 

• Thanks 2

@PuntersArePeopleToo  How did you not tell me the Mets fired Buck and the GM resigned? Lol. I happened to look at my unread archived articles so that I could erase them. I read that the Mets had no manager or GM. I think you told me about the hiring of Stearns as the team President. Hopefully we go with a youth movement.

I read we may be interviewing Craig Counsell for manager. He is still the manager of the Brewers. I have never been a fan of Counsell, going back to his playing days. He is a Brewers lifer. I hope Counsell declines the job offer.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Go Rangers! They are up 2-1 in the series. They have never won a WS, so it would be cool to see a team that has never won one, win one. D Backs won back in 2001. Game 4 tonight.

I'm pulling for Arizona but wouldn't be upset to see the Rangers win it.   I typically pull for the NL unless it is LA or NY.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HOZER said:

RANGERS WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!

1200px-Texas_Rangers.svg.png

They went 11-0 on the road this postseason, Corey Seager is WS MVP for the 2nd time and Nathan Eovaldi is the 1st pitcher to go 5-0 in the playoffs and despite being no-hit for 6 innings, the Rangers just wouldn't be denied!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The last 10 WS Champions have been:

2014 - Giants 

2015 - Royals 

2016 - Cubs 

2017 - Astros* (cheated)

2018 - Red Sox

2019 - Nationals

2020 - Dodgers* (COVID Season)

2021 - Braves 

2022 - Astros 

2023 - Rangers 

No Yankees or Cardinals, the league is just different now days. 

Congrats to the Rangers Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons=Participation Trophy GIF

Notable among this list is that Bruce Bochy managed the 1st & last team on it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The last 10 WS Champions have been:

2014 - Giants 

2015 - Royals 

2016 - Cubs 

2017 - Astros* (cheated)

2018 - Red Sox

2019 - Nationals

2020 - Dodgers* (COVID Season)

2021 - Braves 

2022 - Astros 

2023 - Rangers 

No Yankees or Cardinals, the league is just different now days. 

Congrats to the Rangers Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons=Participation Trophy GIF

I am happy the Rangers won. It is something different. Really going into the playoffs, I just didn't want the Brewers - I have my reasons lol, Marlins, D Backs, Dodgers, or Astros winning it all. So, it worked out. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 7:28 AM, NFLfan said:

@PuntersArePeopleToo  How did you not tell me the Mets fired Buck and the GM resigned? Lol. I happened to look at my unread archived articles so that I could erase them. I read that the Mets had no manager or GM. I think you told me about the hiring of Stearns as the team President. Hopefully we go with a youth movement.

I read we may be interviewing Craig Counsell for manager. He is still the manager of the Brewers. I have never been a fan of Counsell, going back to his playing days. He is a Brewers lifer. I hope Counsell declines the job offer.

Haha my bad. I've been offline a bit lately from the forum, some of the main pages have been annoying me. 

And ya your GM was also getting investigated for manipulating the IL.

And honestly counsel as annoying as he is, would be a good hire for you guys. He gets the most out of his team every year no matter how low pay they are.

And likely to still be big spenders with Cohen as owner no matter what

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.mlb.com/news/peter-seidler-dies?partnerID=web_article-share

Padres Owner Peter Seidler passed away today - it cannot be disputed how badly he wanted to bring a title to San Diego, he put his money where his mouth was and abolished the previous Padres practice of being too cheap to attain or retain the best players that could be acquired. The fact that there is currently a waiting list for Padres season tickets is directly attributable to Mr. Seidler and that will be his lasting legacy, along with our memorable 2022 postseason run.

• Like 3