Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 MLB Baseball

Only way we can make the playoffs is:

Marlins lose their last 3 games, Reds lose 1 more game, and we win our last 2 games. Then we are in lol. If that happens, I will say I have seen it all at that point.

Assuming we do miss the playoffs, 1 word to sum up the season for me would be - PUZZLED.

I am not going to say disappointed or shocked, etc.. Puzzled fits more. Puzzled because we were playing so great in August and at 1 point had a 90% chance of making the playoffs. Not a disappointing season because before the season, many picked us to either finished last or 4th in the division. We at least were relevant this season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Reds will probably win out but just miss the playoffs by a game. I knew those blown leads would haunt us. Diamondbacks and Marlins have all of the control at this point. They just need to win today and it’s all over. 

Yep, your team and my team will be at home doing this during the playoffs Anticipation Popcorn GIF

20 hours ago, HOZER said:

Welp, Marlins rally to win today, Pirates led for a while but couldn’t hold on. Brewers playing like something’s on the line against the Cubs, and the Cubs of course playing terribly as they have been. Good stuff.

The Marlins win eliminated the Padres yesterday, in Game #160 - our win got us to .500 for the 2st time since Mother's Day so now we just need to win 1 of our remaining games to guarantee a non-losing record, if we win them both then we'll have a winning one by a 1  game margin.

• Like 2

It’s the end of the road, and of course now the Cubbies show some signs of life. As disappointing as an end of the season this has been, @2006Coltsbestever you are right. No one expected the Cubbies to contend and still be hanging around to the bitter end. I can celebrate that accomplishment. How different will this team be next year? Star players gone? Manager gone? Will be interesting off-season.

I will say it was nice to see the guys messing around earlier and smiling almost like a great weight has been lifted off their shoulders. I’m sure it was not fun playing under so much pressure, but they did it to them selves well them and the Coach/bullpen.  I miss watching them have fun when they were doing so well but it’s nice to see them have a little bit of fun again. 

• Like 1

Reds are down big tonight. If the Cubs do win and the Reds lose, worse we can do is finish tied for 2nd in the division with the Reds. Not much to celebrate, other than to say we didn't finish last in the division, and we will finish above .500.

Man the Marlins wrecked it for several teams. I still hope they beat the Brewers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

It’s the end of the road, and of course not the Cubbies show some signs of life. As disappointing as an end of the season this has been, @2006Coltsbestever you are right. No one expected the Cubbies to contend and still be hanging around to the bitter end. I can celebrate that accomplishment. How different will this team be next year? Star players gone? Manager gone? Will be interesting off-season.

I will say it was nice to see the guys messing around earlier and smiling almost like a great weight has been lifted off their shoulders. I’m sure it was not fun playing under so much pressure, but they did it to them selves well them and the Coach/bullpen.  I miss watching them have fun when they were doing so well but it’s nice to see them have a little bit of fun again. 

Yeah it sucks it is over. It is always fun when your favorite team is in until the end. Like you said, we did it to ourselves losing all those close games, not closing, playing sloppy, etc.. Fun season but a bitter end. I am not even sure if Bellinger will be back?

Interesting to see how good of a night Canario has had(minus the strikeout he just had) especially after the grand slam he hit the last time he got to play. Yet guys like Wisdom who hit the occasional HR but also constantly strike out kept getting to play. Ross is so freaking stubborn, his whole, “I’m going to play the guys who got us here” Schtick hurt the team. 

2016 was a special year with a special team, I hope that in my lifetime I get to see another team with that chemistry win another World Series.

I really am pretty bummed about it ending like this. This is my last season living this close to Chicago/Wrigley Field. I’ll be moving to Texas by the end of the year, was really hoping to be able to experience some postseason baseball at Wrigley with all my fellow Cubs fans before I’m gone. I’m a diehard Cubbie fan, and of course will still come up for games, just not as often anymore.☹️ GoCubsGo.

Hoping the Colts can at least make it to the post season before I leave as well, would love to attend some more games before I leave and be around all my fellow Colts fans. In fact I’ll be at the game tomorrow cheering for my favorite team!!!

I’ll forever be a fan of the Colts/Cubs, sorry Rangers/Astros/Cowboys/Texans. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HOZER said:

2016 was a special year with a special team, I hope that in my lifetime I get to see another team with that chemistry win another World Series.

I really am pretty bummed about it ending like this. This is my last season living this close to Chicago/Wrigley Field. I’ll be moving to Texas by the end of the year, was really hoping to be able to experience some postseason baseball at Wrigley with all my fellow Cubs fans before I’m gone. I’m a diehard Cubbie fan, and of course will still come up for games, just not as often anymore.☹️ GoCubsGo.

Hoping the Colts can at least make it to the post season before I leave as well, would love to attend some more games before I leave and be around all my fellow Colts fans. In fact I’ll be at the game tomorrow cheering for my favorite team!!!

I’ll forever be a fan of the Colts/Cubs, sorry Rangers/Astros/Cowboys/Texans. 

Yeah Cubs did win tonight and the Reds lost but the season is over anyway. As bad as Ross managed at times, I think our #1 Achilles heel was our Bullpen. All 6 teams in the NL that got in have good Bullpen's. Us and the Reds both have average Bullpen's at best and sometimes they pitched badly. Adbert was really our only bright spot and he was injured down the stretch. Maybe he would have made a difference in a few of those 1 run games we lost where we blew leads. We blew 2, 1 run games at Atlanta and blew another one against the Brewers last night. Our +/- differential on the season is currently at +104, the Marlins is -52. That even makes not getting in, that much more gut wrenching. How can a team not get in with a +104?

Anyway although stressful at times, it has been fun as well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Marlins just won, that is all she wrote folks. Cubs are up big tonight and it doesn't even matter. 

That's just how the Padres got iced, the Marlins game ended in the middle of our victory on Friday and at that point we knew we were done. We're in the midst of a 4 game win streak and Blake Snell would've started today if we were still alive in the playoff chase but since we're not, Pedro Avila gets the start and Snell will rest with his MLB leading 2.25 ERA, and hopefully his 2nd Cy Young award.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

That's just how the Padres got iced, the Marlins game ended in the middle of our victory on Friday and at that point we knew we were done. We're in the midst of a 4 game win streak and Blake Snell would've started today if we were still alive in the playoff chase but since we're not, Pedro Avila gets the start and Snell will rest with his MLB leading 2.25 ERA, and hopefully his 2nd Cy Young award.

Padres played great down the stretch. I was surprised they played so badly this year. I had them winning at least 90 games. 

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Padres played great down the stretch. I was surprised they played so badly this year. I had them winning at least 90 games. 

The Padres were 19-7 in September, I think they had the best record in baseball for the month - they did it without some of their biggest stars as Yu Darvish, Jake Cronenworth, Joe Musgrove & Gary Sanchez were all lost to season ending injuries which makes you wonder why it all went so bad early on. 

• Like 1

+The Cubs season ends with an 83-79 record. 2nd in the NL Central, respectable but nothing to brag about.

+Here is what the Cubs have accomplished since 2015. This is going back 10 seasons now with 2024 awaiting. (2015-2024 seasons).

2015 = 97-65 (playoff appearance)

2016 = 103-58 (playoff appearance) (Division Champs) (NL Champs) (WS Champs)

2017 = 92-70 (playoff appearance) (Division Champs)

2018 = 95-68 (playoff appearance)

2019 = 84-78 (missed playoffs)

2020 = 34-26 (playoff appearance) (Division Champs) - Covid shorten season.

2021 = 71-91 (missed playoffs)

2022 = 74-88 (missed playoffs)

2023 = 83-79 (missed playoffs)

2024 = 0-0 so far?

Totals: 733-623 54.1% winnings

3 Division Championships = 2016, 2017, 2020

1 NL Championship = 2016

1 WS Championship = 2016

+The 2023 Playoffs start tomorrow:

WildCard Round

Rangers at Rays (AL)

Blue Jays at Twins (AL)

D Backs at Brewers (NL)

Marlins at Phillies (NL)

-All best of 3.

+I like the Rays 2-1 over Rangers.

+I like the Blue Jays 2-1 over Twins.

+I like the D Backs 2-1 over Brewers.

+I like the Phillies 2-1 over the Marlins.

bored jack nicholson GIF

I'll be checking out ladies and gents. Had fun on this thread for most of the year until September hit. At least the Reds managed to barely scrape out an over .500 season. Not really much to celebrate at the end though. I've been burned too many times as a fan to expect much to change next season. We'll probably trade and lose players for random AAA kids who'll never work out. 

I just can't watch the Dodgers and other big money teams walk into the playoffs yet again. It's getting old. So, for now, I bid thee all a fond farewell from the baseball thread. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

bored jack nicholson GIF

I'll be checking out ladies and gents. Had fun on this thread for most of the year until September hit. At least the Reds managed to barely scrape out an over .500 season. Not really much to celebrate at the end though. I've been burned too many times as a fan to expect much to change next season. We'll probably trade and lose players for random AAA kids who'll never work out. 

I just can't watch the Dodgers and other big money teams walk into the playoffs yet again. It's getting old. So, for now, I bid thee all a fond farewell from the baseball thread. 

I feel the same.   I'll be rooting for Miami since I like their manager (Skip Schumaker).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RollerColt said:

bored jack nicholson GIF

I have not followed all year. I did not like signing all those high-priced players. I like winning with youth and players we develop.

Do you expect Votto back?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I have not followed all year. I did not like signing all those high-priced players. I like winning with youth and players we develop.

Do you expect Votto back?

Many don't follow if their team stinks. I don't blame you. I was like that last year. I still watch the playoffs regardless who is in it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think you meant Phillies and yes I think the Phillies will beat the Marlins. :thmup:

I don’t care if it’s the Savanah Bananas ‘long as those Marlins get the boot!!! Hoping the screwers get an early Exit as well!

image.jpeg.2ec79bef306c27f5e947f3b25576abe4.jpeg

10 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I don’t care if it’s the Savanah Bananas ‘long as those Marlins get the boot!!! Hoping the screwers get an early Exit as well!

image.jpeg.2ec79bef306c27f5e947f3b25576abe4.jpeg

The Screwers and Marlins is who I want to do down too. Can't stand either one. Last Out World Series GIF by MLB- that look/smile on MVP's face was priceless. He was like I got this! World Champs.

• Like 1