Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 MLB Baseball

9 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Badddddd night by pitchers and base runners.

But holy crap, you PCA 2 catches!?! That is why he's an 80 grade outfielder 

PCA seems to be the real deal!!! I think even Suzuki was like “where in the world did he come from” on that second amazing catch!!! He can close ground quickly!

• Like 2

This team is starting to give me Cubbies of old vibes, although with better defense. I swear everyone’s trying to hit a home run instead of putting the ball in play…..fundamental baseball boys, c’mon!!!!! Arizona is supposed to be one of the worst teams this season(although Bryant has been out a good amount) why are the Cubs in the struggle bud against them?

17 hours ago, HOZER said:

This team is starting to give me Cubbies of old vibes, although with better defense. I swear everyone’s trying to hit a home run instead of putting the ball in play…..fundamental baseball boys, c’mon!!!!! Arizona is supposed to be one of the worst teams this season(although Bryant has been out a good amount) why are the Cubs in the struggle bud against them?

Arizona is only 2 games behind the Cubs.  They are not one of the worst teams.  The Cardinals, are one of the worst teams this season.   It looks like they will finish last in their division for the first time in 118 years.  3 games back of the Pirates and finishing the season with the Phillies, Brewers, Padres, Brewers and Reds.  Not good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Arizona is only 2 games behind the Cubs.  They are not one of the worst teams.  The Cardinals, are one of the worst teams this season.   It looks like they will finish last in their division for the first time in 118 years.  3 games back of the Pirates and finishing the season with the Phillies, Brewers, Padres, Brewers and Reds.  Not good.

I think he met the Rockies. To me the Phillies, Cubs, Reds, D Backs, Marlins, and Giants are all pretty equal. I have never seen a crazy WildCard race like this ever to be honest, 6 teams to try and get in the playoffs. 3 of those teams will be sitting at home when it is said and done, 3 will make it.

Regarding your Cards, they just had a bad year, I dealt with the same Bull the last 2 years. It sucks but they will bounce back being the type of organization they are. 

• Like 2

The Cubs got major help today. Reds, Marlins, and D Backs all lost. So the Playoff race for the last 2 spots looks like this heading into September 15th:

Cubs 78-69 (5th spot)

Giants 75-71 (6th spot - win .5137%)

Outside looking in

Reds 76-72 (.5135%)

D Backs 76-72 (.5135%)

Marlins 75-72 = half game back of 6th.

*Cubs have a 2.5 game lead on the Reds and D Backs, 3 ahead of the Marlins.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

@NFLfan your mets can help yhe cubs a lot this season by winning. You guys are facing only playoff contenders now

Who are they playing? I have not followed the Mets at all this year because I did not like how they constructed the team. All the best to the Cubs. I like teams that win with youth and invest in their own players. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Who are they playing? I have not followed the Mets at all this year because I did not like how they constructed the team. All the best to the Cubs. I like teams that win with youth and invest in their own players. 

Join the Reds fandom! All young and they just got India back.

• Like 1

WTH is wrong with Ross. He makes so many bonehead decisions. Canario will need to be traded after this season if Ross stays since he won't ever let him play. 

Big park let's start tauch and not an 80 grade CF. He wasted a great chance at the post season cuz he's won't play the young guys who might be better, but certainly not worst. We'll probably miss playoffs by 1 or 2 games. With Ross keeping his job. Even if we ever make the playoffs with him in future we won't win anything cuz he isn't good in big game decisions 

• Like 1

What a gut wrenching loss. When it comes to playing Arizona, they get every single break. It's ridiculous. I am sick of playing these dudes. Gomes missed a HR by a foot that would have put us 3 runs, Bellinger had a 2 RUN HR taken away, and Arizona was making all kinds of lucky plays on defense. I am starting to think we aren't going to make the playoffs. Tonight was a bad loss.

I look at their lineup and pitching and in no way in hell are they better than we are. They have beat us now 5 of 6 games. Something is wrong somewhere, it is not like we are playing the Braves. We are letting players like Guriel and Pham beat us and I had never heard of half their pitching staff until we started playing them last week. 

It helps when you get lucky game changing breaks every damn game. When it comes to playing them, I give up. We could have bases loaded/no outs with Bellinger up at Wrigley against them in the 9th inning with a chance to win and they probably somehow get a triple play. I kid but I wouldn't doubt it vs them.

I have to vent because tonight was nonsense.

D Backs have lost to some bad teams this year but against us they are the 1998 Yankees lmao .

Tonight's game is gigantic but we have no luck against these dudes. Looking at the remaining schedules, Reds and D Backs have it easier than we do. They will probably get in IMO and we will be sitting at home because we have just gave games away. We had the Reds beat twice recently, up by 1 run going to the 9th and blew both games. We are in big trouble, it stems from losing 22 one run games. We are 19-22 in 1 run games! Our record should be way better, now we are in a bad predicament. Teams like the Reds and D Backs win over 60% of their 1 run games. Even when our bats come to life, our BullPen blows it in close games. 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Is it just me or does the ESPN announcers seem pro Arizona tonight. Then the whole Carrol interview with Durant. Everytime Arizona makes a play the announcers are like OOOO/Ahhhh. Go Cubs! We are down 3-2 right now.

Gurriel makes a routine catch and they go bonkers.

Yep, ridiculous one sided announcing. Would much rather be watching the game on Marquee. Might turn the volume down and listen to it on 670 the score.

Cubs driving me nuts, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP TRYING TO HIT HOMERUNS AND JUST PUT THE BALL IN PLAY!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Is it just me or does the ESPN announcers seem pro Arizona tonight. Then the whole Carrol interview with Durant. Everytime Arizona makes a play the announcers are like OOOO/Ahhhh. Go Cubs! We are down 3-2 right now.

Gurriel makes a routine catch and they go bonkers.

Espn sucks so much. They don't know much about the teams abd just talk to hear themselves. I'm happy we've barely played on there this year

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Pham is a Cub killer.

Yeah he is, always has been. I am sick of Gurriel as well just going by these last 2 series. We never let the big names beat us, it always someone like Wong even lmao . I remember 1 year, Wong had like 4 HR's all year and hadn't hit one in a month when we played for the Cards. Big series against the Cards (it was in 2018 or 19) and Wong hit like 2 walkoff HR's. Can't make that stuff up chuckling homer simpson GIF

• Like 1

Arizona wins of course lmao ,

At this point, I just want to get out of Arizona. So sick of them with the Pham's, Marte's, and Gurriel's, they play like champs against us and average against everyone else. We play the next 6 games at Wrigley, 3 against the Pirates and then 3 against the Rockies. 

As of now we are tied for the final WildCard spot with the Marlins at 78-72 in 6th. Reds are 78-73. We have lost 5 in a row now. If we can't beat the Pirates and Rockies, then we really don't deserve to get in is the way I look at it. It has been a fun season, but this ending is ugly unless the home cooking gets us back on track. 

I thought last night's game was a real back breaker. Losing the way we did in 13 innings. We had a lead in extra innings 3 times and couldn't close. That was the worse the loss of the season so far to date. Had we won that, that would have been a huge boost for us. 

• Like 1

gas-memes18.jpg?attachment_cache_bust=40

They were  looking so good until this road trip, what a shame. Maybe should have been focusing on trying to get better instead of costume parties. It’s going to take a miracle, I love this team, but man do they like to break our hearts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HOZER said:

gas-memes18.jpg?attachment_cache_bust=40

They were  looking so good until this road trip, what a shame. Maybe should have been focusing on trying to get better instead of costume parties. It’s going to take a miracle, I love this team, but man do they like to break our hearts.

Baseball can drive a fan crazy if your team is in a tight playoff race with 3 other teams. It is an every day grind is why. It is up and down, you have to have major patience to put up with what it is going on. The bad 1 run losses, dealing with bad umps, and so on. I still haven't given up but this doesn't look good right now. This team has been a lot better than I thought though is the bright point, even if we miss the playoffs. I had them going 81-81 before the season. At least we are relevant in September, over half the league isn't. We will see how it plays out, I am hoping for the best. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Baseball can drive a fan crazy if your team is in a tight playoff race with 3 other teams. It is an every day grind is why. It is up and down, you have to have major patience to put up with what it is going on. The bad 1 run losses, dealing with bad umps, and so on. I still haven't given up but this doesn't look good right now. This team has been a lot better than I thought though is the bright point, even if we miss the playoffs. I had them going 81-81 before the season. At least we are relevant in September, over half the league isn't. We will see how it plays out, I am hoping for the best. 

It’s tough, and you know it’s possible Bellinger will probably be gone after this season if the Cubs don’t offer him something good. He’s the spark we needed, but even he has fizzled out a bit. Dansby also struggling, it’s very concerning. We’re hanging on by a thread, will almost have to win out to make it in. I hope they take this day off to re-energize the troops.

• Like 1