Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let the mind games begin.

CR91

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The moment Ballard hears "Texans are offering this, what can you offer?", I bet Ballard is out. Texans at best will offer a 2nd rounder for moving 1 spot and maybe a future 3rd to go with it but Ballard is unlikely to get into a bidding war. Bears however want a first rounder in the future, only teams at the Colts spot and later in the draft will offer that. That is why I feel the Texans won't trade with the Bears.

i think it depends on how the texans evaluate the QBs if they feel like stroud and young are very close in terms of potential they will stay put .   if they feel like young or stroud are much better they will be aggressive  and might be willing to offer a first

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless if you like Jim or not, there is nothing boring about him.

I don't know him personally but have a feeling he is a phenomenal person. Just hearing the stories that McAfee tells about what type of person he is tells me alot.  Eccentric? yes, a little crazy? yes. 

I'm glad he is the owner of the Colts.  

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

I don't know why, but I have a hunch the bears want Quentin Johnston to pair with Fields. I can see them trading from 1 to 2, from 2 to 4, and from 4 to 7 just before the falcons who could want Johnston as well. So the draft looks like this

Texans - Bryce Young

Colts - C.J Stroud

Cards - Jalen Carter

Raiders - Will Levis

Seahawks - Will Anderson

Lions - Tyree Wilson

Bears - Quentin Johnston 

Johnston is so overrated its not even funny

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

how good is this years draft class out side of QBs?    i only watch college football when we need a QB  and  didnt watch a lot of teams this year .

It’s a very strong And deep OL class, pretty decent DE and DL class, weak at WR and QB and about average everywhere else

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It’s a very strong And deep OL class, pretty decent DE and DL class, weak at WR and QB and about average everywhere else

how about corners ?  any good ones that could fall in the second or third  round ?we need another corner to go along with gilmore  if we can get a corner and a guard or center in the second and third round it would help

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

how about corners ?  any good ones that could fall in the second or third  round ?we need another corner to go along with gilmore  if we can get a corner and a guard or center in the second and third round it would help

The CB class is very good 

3 hours ago, coming on strong said:

The CB is good and deep as well

13 hours ago, CR91 said:

Irsay playing chess or checkers?

So let me get this straight. The owner of  a team that went 4 and 13 and  hasn't won anything of significance in say 10 years is the great Zen master of the NFL?Teams are being baited by Irsay and  hung up on his every  word and his  underling  Ballard who  is the the 2nd coming. U know how ridiculous that sounds? Teams have their boards and needs.  They know the type of player that the Colts are mostly targeting at qb based on the Colts system, coaching and previous drafts. It has nothing to do with what Irsay let's slip out of  his louth. Have u been listening the nonsense that has come out of his mouth as of late? He can't be taken seriously and trust me teams don't. 

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So let me get this straight. The owner of  a team that went 4 and 13 and  hasn't won anything of significance in say 10 years is the great Zen master of the NFL?Teams are being baited by Irsay and  hung up on his every  word and his  underling  Ballard who  is the the 2nd coming. U know how ridiculous that sounds? Teams have their boards and needs.  They know the type of player that the Colts are mostly targeting at qb based on the Colts system, coaching and previous drafts. It has nothing to do with what Irsay let's slip out of  his louth. Have u been listening the nonsense that has come out of his mouth as of late? He can't be taken seriously and trust me teams don't. 

It's more poker then anything else and sure Irsay is a few cards short of a full deck, but these tactics are used by every team to try to gain an advantage.

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Regardless if you like Jim or not, there is nothing boring about him.

I don't know him personally but have a feeling he is a phenomenal person. Just hearing the stories that McAfee tells about what type of person he is tells me alot.  Eccentric? yes, a little crazy? yes. 

I'm glad he is the owner of the Colts.  

Sorry, I prefer stable  u know like Rooneys. If I want eccentrix, I can have  Madonna  but st least with her  I can turn the channel. With a Irsay, he is running a billion dollars sports team.

Just now, CR91 said:

It's more poker then anything else and sure Irsay is a few cards short of a full deck, but these tactics are used by every team to try to gain an advantage.

And what advantages do u think the Colts have with Irsay give little tid bits in that news conference? Do u think now the Texans r running to their board and say oh my God they have their sites on Young??? The Texans have their guy they want and the Colts can't get in their way. 

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Sorry, I prefer stable  u know like Rooneys. If I want eccentrix, I can have  Madonna  but st least with her  I can turn the channel. With a Irsay, he is running a billion dollars sports team.

You can turn the Colts channel off as well. You can also find another team. Maybe one you don't feel the need to rag on non stop? 

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

And what advantages do u think the Colts have with Irsay give little tid bits in that news conference? Do u think now the Texans r running to their board and say oh my God they have their sites on Young??? The Texans have their guy they want and the Colts can't get in their way. 

Sure they can. If the colts are targeting a particular QB and they feel the Texans want the same QB, they can trade up to 1. It'd be hard because the Texans have a lot of picks, but not impossible.

16 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Interesting that you don’t even allow for the possibility that Irsay wasn’t serious.   That it might be a smoke screen.   This time of year is commonly known as the Lying Season for a good reason.   Not every comment Irsay makes is a gaffe.  

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Interesting that you don’t even allow for the possibility that Irsay wasn’t serious.   That it might be a smoke screen.   This time of year is commonly known as the Lying Season for a good reason.   Not every comment Irsay makes is a gaffe.  

That's my point what smoke screen???

29 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I highly doubt I’m alone when I say that if you’re so bothered here and pining so badly for the Steelers…

Go. 

Please. Go. 

There’s no anchor tied to your *. It’s not an airport, we don’t need you to announce a departure, just… go. Be their problem. 

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

That's my point what smoke screen???

Maybe force Houston to pay more for moving up?     Make Houston think it’s a potential bidding war.  

Irsay might’ve just been having fun and maybe it’s not a smoke screen at all.   Maybe he wanted to see how everyone reacts.   

My basic point is that I don’t assume the man just revealed classified info.   He doesn’t have a track record of giving away team secrets.   I’m not going to conclude  he just did.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Maybe force Houston to pay more for moving up?     Make Houston think it’s a potential bidding war.  

Irsay might’ve just been having fun and maybe it’s not a smoke screen at all.   Maybe he wanted to see how everyone reacts.   

My basic point is that I don’t assume the man just revealed classified info.   He doesn’t have a track record of giving away team secrets.   I’m not going to conclude  he just did.

I honestly don't think thier is a qb that  the Texans would move up to get. I mean I don't see them paying a kin

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

I honestly don't think thier is a qb that  the Texans would move up to get. I mean I don't see them paying a kin

Sorry hit enter. I don't see them  paying anything to move up to get a guy like say Young. Now the rumour is  that Chicago wants to trade Fields. I  was right about   Fields and he is  a rb and not a  qb. Is Chcago serious? I don't know .   They are probably juat trying to stoke the flames.  I  really think as we get close to the draft, the market will cool this qb class. I think it is already cool snd it is just thr media hyping it up. Ask yourself this. Look at Ballard's last draft. Do u honestly think when Young walks thru that door he is going to say he's my man?  He lost  lost 2 big qbs to jnjury; Luck and Ryan.  Those were men.  Young is a child. I bet Chicago takes  Carter at 1

10 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

You might be right.   Honestly, I don’t know.  All I’m saying is that I don’t think there’s reason to believe Irsay had an “oops” moment in full view of everyone.  

He’s not a new owner.  He’s been around forever.  He knows everyone is lying this time of year.   He might’ve been just having fun.   

I just don’t have reason to get worked up at this moment.   Maybe somewhere down the road, just not now over this.  

Im not defending Irsay blindly.  I think he had his worst season as owner in my 11 seasons as a fan.   But this moment just doesn’t move the needle for me.  

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I believe the Rooney’s are accepting new fans

57 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I believe the Rooney’s are accepting new fans

Its like he gets so close to figuring it out and then just whiffs. He hates the Colts, he hates Irsay, he loves the Rooneys, he loves the Steelers…

But he just stays here making himself miserable. 

Its like watching someone put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7144c1e92cbdcc21d05

14 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Its like he gets so close to figuring it out and then just whiffs. He hates the Colts, he hates Irsay, he loves the Rooneys, he loves the Steelers…

I think you are giving him a lil bit more credit then due TBH.  I think he is a Steelers Fan but just likes to troll the Colts and the forum for attention. You know like the kid that dont get any attention at home except when they are bad. 

15 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Weird, I get 22! 

Serious note, I don’t get it. I understand not being happy with the way this season went & concerns over Irsay meddling (I was squarely in that group). I may not agree, but can understand questioning player acquisitions, roster management, cap management, etc.

But yea, he seems like he would be happier following the Steelers or another team because he seems to absolutely despise everything about the Colts.

On 2/15/2023 at 11:30 PM, John Waylon said:

I highly doubt I’m alone when I say that if you’re so bothered here and pining so badly for the Steelers…

Go. 

Please. Go. 

There’s no anchor tied to your *. It’s not an airport, we don’t need you to announce a departure, just… go. Be their problem. 

I Hope i'm not alone in wondering why you people give this guy the time of day making sure his loser mentality posts are repeated on and on even for those with enough sense to put his garbage on IGNORE.

52 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I Hope i'm not alone in wondering why you people give this guy the time of day making sure his loser mentality posts are repeated on and on even for those with enough sense to put his garbage on IGNORE.

He is definitely a troll.  He enjoys the attention no doubt.  

1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

Passing on an opportunity to get him to head on down the road was a risk I wasn’t willing to take. 

5 hours ago, stitches said:

Someone cue the “Rawhide” theme!

blues-brothers-1024x558.png

Keep trolling trolling trolling,

Keep those tweets a-rolling, 

Get the buzz a-boiling, 

Troll on! 
The draft is not til April,

All options on the table,

That guy from Alabama don’t look bad,

We’ve got ourselves a new coach, 

That Grigson’s still a cockroach,

There’s still so much fun here to be had.

Trade ‘em up, trade ‘em down,

Trade ‘em down, trade ‘em up,

Trade ‘em up, trade ‘em down,

Troll on!

Draft a guy, sign a vet,

Sign a vet, draft a guy,

Draft a guy, sign a vet

TROLL ON!

Hey Jim, 

Call Me Flirt GIF by State Farm

Archived