Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated: Colts hire Shane Steichen as their new HC (Merged)

CR91

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want Richardson, then right now, think the play is you trade back with someone that you suspect likes the other QBs better to get some additional draft capital and then take Richardson.  So for example, trading back with the Raiders, and then take Richardson at 7

12 minutes ago, Nate! said:

If you want Richardson, then right now, think the play is you trade back with someone that you suspect likes the other QBs better to get some additional draft capital and then take Richardson.  So for example, trading back with the Raiders, and then take Richardson at 7

Thanks Nate, we will check back after the draft and see how that works out.

33 minutes ago, ad24rouse said:

He won't go in the top 4 picks, but he'll likely be gone by the mid-teens at the latest.

A bunch of real Gomers telling us where to draft Mahommes, Hurts, R Wilson bla bla bla.  Or think they have a CLUE if in a redraft 3 years from now if Richardson should have been drafted #1. 

21 minutes ago, Nate! said:

Raiders might draft richardson if we trade back or even the panthers. If you want richardson you take him at 4 especially if qbs go 123

3 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

A bunch of real Gomers telling us where to draft Mahommes, Hurts, R Wilson bla bla bla.  Or think they have a CLUE if in a redraft 3 years from now if Richardson should have been drafted #1. 

So Richardson suddenly turned into a Mahomes/Hurts/Wilson overnight? Wow, that escalated quickly.

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Raiders might draft richardson if we trade back or even the panthers. If you want richardson you take him at 4 especially if qbs go 123

You don't typically use a quarterback like Richardson in the type of offense Mcdaniels runs.   His last attempt at it was Tim Tebow and that was terrible. Primarily because Tebow had no clue how to pass the football.  Richardson isn't a good passer either.  I do not think anyone is looking to draft that kid top 5.   I don't see it even if they like him.  If they like him Im sure they will put the proper value on him and that value wont be top 5 almost certainly. 

1 minute ago, krunk said:

You don't typically use a quarterback like Richardson in the type of offense Mcdaniels runs.   His last attempt at it was Tim Tebow and that was terrible. Primarily because Tebow had no clue how to pass the football.  Richardson isn't a good passer either.  I do not think anyone is looking to draft that kid top 5.   I don't see it.

Richardson is a certain flaomvour. I lie his skill srt but looking at without emotion there is no way I pick him at 4. He is a  project. I was against Lance and Lance showed more in college. I would draft Richardson but it would be with a 2nd rounder.

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Richardson is a certain flaomvour. I lie his skill srt but looking at without emotion there is no way I pick him at 4. He is a  project. I was against Lance and Lance showed more in college. I would draft Richardson but it would be with a 2nd rounder.

He wont be there then

After the combine richardson will fly up boards. Teams draft on potential  unless there is a generational prospect sitting there. That being said if we decide to trade back and levis and richardson are still there we might get one of them. Other wise you are picking an injured hooker, jaren hall who is a duel threat but not sure how good he is. Tanner mckee who has nice size but doesnt look all that impressive

1 minute ago, ad24rouse said:

The main reason some people are saying Steichen/Richardson is because of Steichen/Hurts. However, Richardson never produced at the level Hurts did in college. It's extremely wishful thinking to believe he's going to ascend to Hurts' level.

People thinl steichen could utilize richardsons strengths which are running and the deep ball. He also excels at attacking the middle of the field

15 minutes ago, krunk said:

You don't typically use a quarterback like Richardson in the type of offense Mcdaniels runs.   His last attempt at it was Tim Tebow and that was terrible. Primarily because Tebow had no clue how to pass the football.  Richardson isn't a good passer either.  I do not think anyone is looking to draft that kid top 5.   I don't see it even if they like him.  If they like him Im sure they will put the proper value on him and that value wont be top 5 almost certainly. 

Levis or hooker seem more like mcdaniels style

41 minutes ago, Stephen said:

After the combine richardson will fly up boards. Teams draft on potential  unless there is a generational prospect sitting there. That being said if we decide to trade back and levis and richardson are still there we might get one of them. Other wise you are picking an injured hooker, jaren hall who is a duel threat but not sure how good he is. Tanner mckee who has nice size but doesnt look all that impressive

Every  credible GM I have listened to  said the flying  up  the  boards after the combine narrative is garbage.  The only thing of  value at the combines is the  medical and   interviews. The fourty times and all the athletic stuff is for the media to hype   up.

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Take best player at  number 4. I actually  want a DE or LT if they decide Rainmann is not the answer. I think about a sneak up in  the back end of the 1st. The hiring of   Striechen   I think tells me  one thing. I don't believe at all Young or Stroud are his targets. Levi may as he is athletic but I have a sneaking  suspicion that they could go  get a guy like Richardson in the bottom of the 1st or 2nd.

I would prefer Levis of the top QBs in this draft...but so many people have the notion that Steichen wants running QBs because of his time with Hurts in Philly...but don't forget, he had good years working with Phillip Rivers, also. Steichen knows how to taylor his offense around his QBs strengths...we don't really have a clue which QB he would prefer most!

50 minutes ago, ad24rouse said:

The main reason some people are saying Steichen/Richardson is because of Steichen/Hurts. However, Richardson never produced at the level Hurts did in college. It's extremely wishful thinking to believe he's going to ascend to Hurts' level.

Richardson is by far more talented than Hurts and it isn't even close. Richardson elite in terms  of athleticism but man he needs time.  We are talking 4.4 , a cannon over  over 6 feet and 220. He is in the  Micheal  Vick  league but man  he just needed more time and he is not accurate. It will take a GM and coach who see super star  but he could also b e the guy the  Titans drafted who has no business being in   the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Richardson is by far more talented than Hurts and it isn't even close. Richardson elite in terms  of athleticism but man he needs time.  We are talking 4.4 , a cannon over  over 6 feet and 220. He is in the  Micheal  Vick  league but man  he just needed more time and he is not accurate. It will take a GM and coach who see super star  but he could also b e the guy the  Titans drafted who has no business being in   the NFL.

I'd honestly take BPA at #4 and draft McKee with our 2nd before I'd draft Richardson.

If we draft Richardson and he is our day 1 starter, we will likely be in the running for the #1 pick next year, in a QB class that actually IS loaded. And in that case, no WAY you keep Richardson over Caleb Williams or Drake Maye...which means drafting Richardson is a wasted pick, in my eyes.

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

How many years did it take Cam Newton to become a decent passer?   And I think Richardson has more work to do than Cam did.  He reminds me of Cam in some moments. 

2 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

I'd honestly take BPA at #4 and draft McKee with our 2nd before I'd draft Richardson.

If we draft Richardson and he is our day 1 starter, we will likely be in the running for the #1 pick next year, in a QB class that actually IS loaded. And in that case, no WAY you keep Richardson over Caleb Williams or Drake Maye...which means drafting Richardson is a wasted pick, in my eyes.

Mckee will probably be a day 3 pick. His tape isnt that impressive

6 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Richardson is SUCH a project...and Irsay, Ballard nor the coaches want to wait 5 years to find out if he's the guy and gets better...Ballard and Steichen would both likely be fired before Richardson was ready.

I am not sureche is a project.  I have seen evaluations on him and they actually say he shows the ability to process. It is just his accuracy. 50 % won't cut it in thr nfl

Archived