Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This season has not been Matts fault

Indeee

5 minutes ago, folesfan said:

It is time to see what Nick Foles can do. Super Bowl winner - beat the GOAT twice. Better arm and unflappable.

Are you an Eagles fan? Foles did not do well with the Rams or Jags. I'm not sure that he is much better. I would want to see the future. Sam or someone else.

1 minute ago, folesfan said:

The Rams and Jags were both very bad teams when Foles played for them with no offensive lines as were the Bears. Foles won the only game he started last year in the snow against Russel Wilson and Seattle.

Foles was good only with the Eagles, especially in his first stint with them. (Yes, he won a SB in the second stint but he played especially well when he first started his NFL career.)

9 minutes ago, folesfan said:

The Rams and Jags were both very bad teams when Foles played for them with no offensive lines as were the Bears. Foles won the only game he started last year in the snow against Russel Wilson and Seattle.

And so are the Colts. I agree he can’t possibly be worse, but he isn’t the answer, either.

Ok. I started this thread just to have a look see.

Back in the offseason and into the first few weeks of the season, anybody who knows my posts or thread responses knows that I was super critical of this team, and especially the addition of Matt Ryan. In fact, I knew this was going to be a disaster. I was lambasted as being a "non-fan" a "Debbie-Downer", and whatever colorful adjective you would like to use. 

So, like I said. I started this thread just to see what type of reaction I would get when I attempted to give Ryan a pass. 

The couple laughing emojis made me ponder a bit....

:thmup:

23 hours ago, Indeee said:

Matt Ryan is just like any other person on this planet who doesn't want to admit to themselves that maybe their time has passed them by. 

This season falls clearly on whoever refused to see that Matts time had passed him by.

Julio knew it three years ago. 

Matt Ryan is one of the best QBs to have ever played the game. I respect him. 

It's okay Matt. At the end of the day, it's just one season in a HOF career that went one season too long.

-Peace

Not completely but he definitely contributed big time though. I think we all can admit that Ryan has been terrible but he's not the total problem but we need a QB in a big way. 

14 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

28-3 and 33-0 leads with teams that have Matt Ryan as their QB just never wins.

Yes the defence was utterly terrible last night in the last 2 quarters, but come on... if this is not on matt ryan, well nothing ever will be.

All he had to do was running down the clock and create one or two first downs, but even that he couldn't manage to do.

Matt Ryan will go down in history as the guy who had 2 huge leads and still managed to lose the game.

Once Matty ICE... well he's more like melted ice and one of the worst QB's the colts have ever had under center.

But if we ever sucked for luck, we now def suck for a QB in the coming draft.

But is there any good QB options in the draft?

Foles may not be the answer - the team has many problems. But Sam and Matt have had their chances and failed. Foles is the only qb who hasn't played and he deserves a chance to show what he can do so the team knows whether he would be a good mentor for whatever young QB they draft or if

they should cut him loose. 

11 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Are you an Eagles fan? Foles did not do well with the Rams or Jags. I'm not sure that he is much better. I would want to see the future. Sam or someone else.

Don't forget the Bears, he played in Chicago for the 2 seasons prior to this one.

11 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I too think he is at least better than the current version of Matt Ryan.  Good enough to make a big difference? Probably not.  Maybe we win one more game overall, but thats probably about it. 

His first season with Bears they still hadn't moved on from their error in moving up to draft Trubisky ahead of Mahomes and Watson. He played a few games and beat the BUCS and Brady who won the Superbowl that year. Next year they brought in Dalton to be qb1, drafted Fields, and Foles sat all year until last game of season which he won with last second touchdown pass. He may not be the answer but why keep trotting out somebody who isn't?

11 hours ago, folesfan said:

Foles may not be the answer - the team has many problems. But Sam and Matt have had their chances and failed. Foles is the only qb who hasn't played and he deserves a chance to show what he can do so the team knows whether he would be a good mentor for whatever young QB they draft or if

they should cut him loose. 

I agree. Why not a this point, just to see what he has. It cant get any worse, right? My  opinion they should have done it a couple of weeks ago.

On 12/18/2022 at 7:10 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Matt Ryan is basically Carson Wentz with much more turnovers and less scrambling ability. This is the difference between us getting destroyed week-to-week and being a borderline playoff team. Honestly, even when we are ahead 33-0 at the end of the first half, we still only have 1 offensive TD. That's with great field position. The defense is still doing the work.

Matt Ryan needs to go at the end of the year. We can only pray he retires to open up some cap room for next year. If I were Irsay, I'd tell him if you don't retire, you will ride the bench for all of next year and there's no chance of playing. Draft a QB in the first two rounds and start developing him immediately. Even if you draft Hendon Hooker and he can't start right away, start Nick Foles and not Matt Ryan until he recovers from his injury.

Why on earth would you draft a QB who is already hurt??

Archived