Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll - OL (pancakes, sacks, effort), and this week's outcome

EastStreet

Poll - OL (pancakes, sacks, effort), and this week's outcome  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Will see a return to pancakes, and when?

2. 2. We've averaged about 4 sacks per game... How many this week?

• 5 or more
    • 4 (average)
    • 3 (little improvement)
    • 2 (good improvement)
    • 1 (great improvement)
    • 0 (wow)
  3. 3. Will the OL show more effort and passion?

• Yes, more effort/passion
    • Same
    • Less effort/passion
  4. 4. Does Jeff win his 1st game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2022 at 09:00 PM

2 minutes ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

I saw this on Twitter and thought it was interesting.  Our OL is actually performing better than TN OL and they beat us twice.  This tells me that firing Frank might have been the right call.  

I would have bet a lot of cash we had the worst OL in the NFL.  Turns out we don't.  

this is not the OL.

It's OTs. 

And our OTs aren't really good either. 

Raimann, Kelly, and Pryor are all left bottom quarter. And Pryor was moved, so wonder if the G score is mixed. 

And Smith is left top, meaning decent, but raw/difficulty is super weak. 

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Little fun

Given Jeff will likely boost morale and motivation with the OL, and perhaps tweak scheme (perhaps more power on run blocking), perhaps pancakes return? More effort? Less sacks?

@Nickster funnin' with you

On the effort/passion, I think it’s more “People are going to see what they want to see” but it will likely be the same

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

On the effort/passion, I think it’s more “People are going to see what they want to see” but it will likely be the same

Maybe... but I disagree. Who knows. We'll see. 

If less sacks... if better running... then not really the bolded. 

I guess you could say it's not increased effort, just better coaching and better game plan?

16 hours ago, Rhodelesstraveled said:

I saw this on Twitter and thought it was interesting.  Our OL is actually performing better than TN OL and they beat us twice.  This tells me that firing Frank might have been the right call.  

I would have bet a lot of cash we had the worst OL in the NFL.  Turns out we don't.  

Leno and Darrisaw looking good.

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

How good is LVR's Dline?

And if their season is going down the drain, their DL might not put in much effort relative to previous games, making our effort look better and more confident as the game progresses.

DL is mediocre, except for Crosby who is elite. Billings is good/decent... 

We've already played some bad DLs (Jax twice, Houston, KC, and NE)...... and our OL looked bad... 

And if I had to guess, the preseason ranks had Raiders higher than those teams...

So... please no narratives lol..... like "LVR DL is bad, so our OL isn't really improving".... 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

DL is mediocre, except for Crosby who is elite. Billings is good/decent... 

We've already played some bad DLs (Jax twice, Houston, KC, and NE)...... and our OL looked bad... 

And if I had to guess, the preseason ranks had Raiders higher than those teams...

So... please no narratives lol..... like "LVR DL is bad, so our OL isn't really improving".... 

Good lord.  You have to take into account the other team.  Its not the same matchups.  That's just common sense.  Not doing so would be validating an already forming narrative...please.

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Good lord.  You have to take into account the other team.  Its not the same matchups.  That's just common sense.  Not doing so would be validating an already forming narrative...please.

lol...

you're totally predicable.. more than Frank

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, EastStreet said:

this is not the OL.

It's OTs. 

Raimann, Kelly, and Pryor are all left bottom quarter. And Pryor was moved, so wonder if the G score is mixed. 

Did you mean left bottom quartile:lol:

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

lol...

you're totally predicable.. more than Frank

Huh?  

Most teams have a spark after their HC is fired.  I expect that the Colts will too.  What's the mystery?

You're approaching this like you are getting ready to make a conclusion about something after LVR.  I would wait a few games to make your conclusion, otherwise you might just fool yourself into believing whatever narrative you've got brewing was right, which is something we've all come to find pretty predictable.

5 hours ago, DougDew said:

Huh?  

Most teams have a spark after their HC is fired.  I expect that the Colts will too.  What's the mystery?

You're approaching this like you are getting ready to make a conclusion about something after LVR.  I would wait a few games to make your conclusion, otherwise you might just fool yourself into believing whatever narrative you've got brewing was right, which is something we've all come to find pretty predictable.

I have no clue what to expect... We could W or L. Might be a close one, or blow out (either)...

The OL might suck or look better.... ZERO clue...

I do expect narratives from you though...

But yes, if I expect anything, I'd expect more effort this week.. 

8 hours ago, DougDew said:

Exactly what is it you are arguing? From an outsider looking in it seems the point you are trying to make is an unanswered question at this time. We all have different points of views and have to respect each other's regardless weither you agree or not. 

On 11/11/2022 at 10:02 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Exactly what is it you are arguing? From an outsider looking in it seems the point you are trying to make is an unanswered question at this time. We all have different points of views and have to respect each other's regardless weither you agree or not. 

While we are talking about respecting points of view.... Let's talk about my boy Frank... Aka Frankenstein.... I am just gonna say it now.... Gonna set a little "narrative".... Oline screwed him.... He is obviously faultless and like the true king that he is.... he fell on the sword..... Tell 2 friends and tell them to tell two friends... And so on. We can all agree on that. 

On 11/10/2022 at 2:33 PM, Rhodelesstraveled said:

lol look at Matt Pryor. garbage can

On 11/10/2022 at 8:40 PM, EastStreet said:

this is not the OL.

It's OTs. 

It says easier assignments towards the right, harder assignments to the left.

Raimann, Kelly and Pryor have all done poorly, but they have had tough assignments. Smith has done well against tough assignments.

On 11/11/2022 at 1:17 PM, DougDew said:

Leno and Darrisaw looking good.

Taking Fisher over Leno was a bad decision at the time and has gotten worse since.

Passing on Darrisaw is debatable. I was hoping for Darrisaw. Good LTs are difficult to come by, because they rarely hit FA. We needed a DE too but, while expensive, good quality DEs hit FA every season.

Edit: For the record, I'd have been more than fine with Paye if we had taken Leno over Fisher. I was rather vocal about Fisher over Leno being a bad call.

41 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

It says easier assignments towards the right, harder assignments to the left.

Raimann, Kelly and Pryor have all done poorly, but they have had tough assignments. Smith has done well against tough assignments.

Quartiles don't generally work like that. 

And the score is left to right is -0.9 to -0.6, which would suggest bad (L) to better (R), just like the bottom to top axis. 

So bad quartile logic lol..

And I'd disagree. For instance... Pryor's time at LT... he went against great DEs... For instance, Greenard was elite last year (now injured now and on IR)

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Quartiles don't generally work like that. 

And the score is left to right is -0.9 to -0.6, which would suggest bad (L) to better (R), just like the bottom to top axis. 

So bad quartile logic lol..

And I'd disagree. For instance... Pryor's time at LT... he went against great DEs... For instance, Greenard was elite last year (now injured now and on IR)

The legend on the graph specifically states "easier assignments to the right, harder assignments toward the left."

Our three guys are all leftward, and downward.  They all played poorly, but also had the more difficult row to hoe.

What I find interesting is finding the expensive left tackles from last year's free agency.  And project how things would have shaken out had we spent the big money on them.

Terron Armstead, 30 years old, signed by Miami for 5 years and 75 million.

He's towards the right (easier opponents) and just a little above the median.  Had we spent the money, he would be towards the left and just above the median.  Worth the money?  Yes/no?

Duane Brown, nearly 37 years old, signed by the Jets for 2 years and 20 million.

He's in the middle, left to right, just about where Pryor is, and is right on the middle line up and down.

The next best LT signed was Cornelius Lucas, for Washington with 2 years and 6.5 million.

He's right next to Dennis Kelly on the graph.

I think that if we'd spent the money, we would definitely have gotten better LT play than what we have now.  How could we not?  But I'm not certain that it would have been worth the money we spent.

18 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

The legend on the graph specifically states "easier assignments to the right, harder assignments toward the left."

Our three guys are all leftward, and downward.  They all played poorly, but also had the more difficult row to hoe.

I read it, but my comments stand. Quartile logic is normally reverse (West to East). 

And I disagree about the difficulty rating. If they look at our opponents (like Greenard), and rank easier, that's a problem lol.. 

18 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

What I find interesting is finding the expensive left tackles from last year's free agency.  And project how things would have shaken out had we spent the big money on them.

Terron Armstead, 30 years old, signed by Miami for 5 years and 75 million.

He's towards the right (easier opponents) and just a little above the median.  Had we spent the money, he would be towards the left and just above the median.  Worth the money?  Yes/no?

Duane Brown, nearly 37 years old, signed by the Jets for 2 years and 20 million.

He's in the middle, left to right, just about where Pryor is, and is right on the middle line up and down.

The next best LT signed was Cornelius Lucas, for Washington with 2 years and 6.5 million.

He's right next to Dennis Kelly on the graph.

I think that if we'd spent the money, we would definitely have gotten better LT play than what we have now.  How could we not?  But I'm not certain that it would have been worth the money we spent.

Keep in mind...

When good/great OTs play, they make opponent DE grades decline. And conversely.

And DEs who play vs bad OL, get inflated grades. 

Leno would have solved the problem lol... good, and cheap.. 

Archived