Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Scout: Coby Fleener overrated

http://profootballta...y-in-the-draft/

“He wasn’t even the best tight end on their team,” the scout said. “No. 11 [sophomore Levine Toilolo], that’s the real deal. [Fleener] might be the most overrated guy in the draft. He's awful as a blocker."

“Despite his workout numbers he’s not really a quick-twitch, dymamic-moving guy. He’s a straight-line, build-up player,” the scout explained. “All these reports about him being an athlete and this and that, they’re assuming that because he ran fast. He’s really just a red-zone, jump-ball player.”

This scout is ridiculous. Yes, Fleener isn't the best blocker in the draft but saying that Toilolo is way better than Fleener is ignorant.

I posted this in another thread and I happen to agree with him for the most part. May not agree that Toilolo is better, but I do agree that Fleener is way way overrated. I just don't think he's worth our 34th pick for no more than he brings to the table.

To a certain extent he's right. Fleener is NOT a 1st round talent. Any other draft and he may be a late 2nd early 3rd talent. In next year's draft we could probably find someone as good as him in the 3rd.

There will be a lot of fringe DTs in Devon Still, Jerel Worthy, Kendall Reyes, Brandon Thompson and I expect at least two of them to be available at No.34. Devon Still and Brandon Thompson are worth a look.

Then OL - if Kevin Zeitler or Peter Konz are available, it would be crazy to pass up on either of them, IMO.

CB - I personally would pass on Jenkins, not worth the hassle for a rebuilding team, IMO. Very few CBs are great value at No.34 except Jenkins and I have stated my opinion.

WR - Yes, other than OL or DL, WR offers the most, IMO.

So, it likely will be OL, DL or WR at No.34 that will present most value. Sorry, no TE love from me :).

I think we might be saying overrated when we mean overvalued. I mean he is an interesting player but he happens to be a weak tight end class right after a few pro te's had some MONSTER seasons. So to say overrated might be a little unfair.

i dont understand their argument (or most critics arguments)...

that the only reason he is good because Andrew Luck was his quarterback. He still knew how to catch balls and stay on the same page as Luck. I dont see why he is over rated.